What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put ointment in Rupert's ears, gave him a pill (super easy bc he is too weak to hold his jaw shut and has no teeth), chased it with a little pedialyte, then gave him a few ccs of the chicken puree stuff followed by more pedialyte to wash it down. He's exhausted but he's a bit more responsive. He stretching is paws when I rub his leg. Last night he wasn't as responsive. He usually curls his paws around my fingers but he's not doing that right now. At least he's a tad more lucid.

got a call from a solar panel company. They want to schedule a visit to do a free estimate of getting solar service. I said I'd get back to them (I want to make sure its safe first) and he said to please call back if I wanted to schedule. Talked to Mom and she said she'd only feel safe if our friend was here for it so would have to pick a time when he's available. Guy asked about credit score and I said I didn't know. He said we'd own the solar panels outright. Not sure why that was a deal but I'm guessing some companies lease them?

Rupert just started snoring. LOL. He's under my cardigan right now. I'm going to see if I can get him purring again.

All of the wheel studs, except for 1, on the right front tire sheared off. Good thing we stopped when we did. Driving it that way at 85 mph could have been problematic.
WHERE did have your tires mounted! Usually over torqued lug nuts ( or under torqued) causes that!!! I always BRING my wheels in my truck or Hubby's when getting new tires! The tire tire shop NEVER gets my vehicle!! Y'all are LUCKY to have stopped safely!!💗

WHERE did have your tires mounted! Usually over torqued lug nuts ( or under torqued) causes that!!! I always BRING my wheels in my truck or Hubby's when getting new tires! The tire tire shop NEVER gets my vehicle!! Y'all are LUCKY to have stopped safely!!💗
Last time was in April when we had the studded tires swapped for the summer tires. There's a good chance that they over torqued them, although they use a torque wrench. Usually I double check them after the tire shop works on our vehicles.

Got a bit breezy this afternoon. Lost my favorite tree in the yard. Didn't hit anything, missed the house. Looks like I have a load of firewood to sell. The tree is loaded with Usnea, a medicine.

20240912_133911a.jpg
20240912_134213a.jpg
20240912_134218a.jpg

Finally got home. On the way home from the hospital stopped at the farmers market and got Dad some corn and peaches then stopped at the kosher deli for corn beef on rye sandwiches to take home.

The scope that was done today didn’t show any new growth out into the bladder. Neurologist took more samples for biopsy. His only concern is that it might be growing into the wall of the bladder. He said Dad’s not a candidate for surgery, which is probably a good thing cause I don’t think my father would’ve been happy about living without a bladder. so the results are going to the cardiologist and the two doctors are gonna give me names of medical oncologist to go see.

Last time was in April when we had the studded tires swapped for the summer tires. There's a good chance that they over torqued them, although they use a torque wrench. Usually I double check them after the tire shop works on our vehicles.
the stupid look when you ask guys how much of a did it move to torque, it torques up good, means you need new wheel studs.

Got up, took some Aleve, drank some water, skipped my workout, lounged around a bit, cleaned the kitchen at the lady's place, did a load of laundry for her, scrambled an egg with some diced ham, onions and tomatoes for the daughter, took out the trash, went to see an apartment, went to see a storage facility, drove home, took a nap, got up, and now I sit here as worthless as an ABC debate moderator.

drinking Coffee watching it rain, thinking, nah it should just rain work can wait

Music is on loudly.
Recumbent bike has been utilized this morning.
BD has happened in the last 15 minutes.
Slept pretty good last night for the first time in a while.
Dibs and dabs for lunch and supper.
These are otherwise known as leftovers.
Will walk in a bit, weather is cloudy.
Might make sour dough bread for the weekend.
Need to make some noodles for use and freezers.
Puttering.
Furniture has been rearranged in the living room.
Didn't make sourdough bread or any noodles.

Work continues to go well, for what it is. Been having some fun and bringing some laughs and smiles, even when the day wasn’t great.

What could go in the ‘rant’ thread is that I’ve been kinda overdosing on politics. It’s good to be informed and know your enemies… but there’s a fine line between being informed and letting it drive a person to depression and despair.

It's almost friday..
Work has gone ok..had a new experience this week. It was exciting..

Had a stick rack delivered, it caught it's edge on a edge, a peice broke off n it flipped over, dumped it's load of sticks and landed on top of the wreck of sticks that landed all over in my hopper while I watched from about 3 feet away.
Danger and excitement never ends ..

I looked at my forklift driver, his mouth open like oh _hit..I gave him a touchdown sign..made him laugh..

Attachments

• 20240910_091050.jpg
    20240910_091050.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I don’t read hear often, but when I checked this thread today… this post came up:
Yep..this just happened..

It seems either I'm out to punish myself or the Universe is trying to tell me something and pain does get my attention..
Seems a old air vent got a screw loose n my toe found it..I think I ripped off half my nail on my big toe..
Walnuts apparently didn't get my attention enough last weekend..
What in the Universe am I being told?!?..

I'm listening man..and hobbling now..but I'm listening Universe...how do I understand bcuz this pain $hit is getting old

I did not cry tho..felt close ..geeze!!

I need to repaint my nails..sorry..uggh..
What I can say is the universe is about balance. Spoken from a Libra. ;)

I mean if you’re doing some good… you’re bound to get hurt and burned occasionally. I figure the universe might like you and is going easy on ya. :cool:

I don’t read hear often, but when I checked this thread today… this post came up:

What I can say is the universe is about balance. Spoken from a Libra. ;)

I mean if you’re doing some good… you’re bound to get hurt and burned occasionally. I figure the universe might like you and is going easy on ya. :cool:
I hope I provide the.. all that is ..at least some entertaining value..I keep thinking maybe that's why I'm still here..well part of it. I'm sure I have a better reason like my souls mission..but no reason why I can't be fun in the process right..
Balance..it is key..

Praying for your daughter's speed recovery, Weedy! I'm liking that tomorrow is Friday, no doc appts. Need to catch up on the homefront. Went out and picked three big buckets of cherry tomatoes, watering the garden. House is a mess, laundry kind of caught up, pup feeling better, husband is touch and go. Three days to catch up before appts start up again for him. The infectious disease doc said today at least 3 more weeks of IV antibiotics, so not much sleep for awhile.

Latest posts

Back