What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well been a LOOOOONG day. Hung out at the hotel until noon. Good thing too, I woke up with my back and hip screaming at me. Never got to finish the PT, Took a muscle relaxer and motrin and laid back down for an hour. Felt better after I got back up and took a shower. Went on to the Dr. He said I was on the right path with meds, walking, etc. I start cardiac rehab next month. But he said I likely would only be a slight canidate for bypasses on 2 of the 3 vessels. They are likely to be stented. The 3rd vessel,, which is the main one running down the front of the heart is a possible canidate for by pass. He is going to get with his entire team once he has all my records (has not gotten results of my heart cath yet) and come to a consensus. Bottom line I don't know much more than I did, but he did confirm my local Drs are on the right path for now.
After that mess, which left the wife beside herself (she was expecting to be told 3 by passes ASAP, We headed home. Got hung up in stopped traffic for about an hour. Then had to stop at her friends and get our dog.
Glad to be home with by feet propped up in the recliner.

So, we have some chest freezers on the wood floor and condensation seems to be making it wet and starting to rot. Anyone have any suggestions what to do to prevent this? We are for now putting them on wood pallets, but not sure that will work.
get a cut piece of linoleum to put under the freezers...that way it catch it and give it time to evaporate instead of soaking in floor.

or cut a piece of plywood and slide under them.

Spent most of late night last night until late morning today battling a gnarly case of food poisoning mixed with a touch of stomach flu it got all too much with constant non stop dry heaving or vomiting so admitted myself to Mount Gambier hospital A&E only had to wait like 20 minutes in the waiting room before being shown to a treatment bay for observation

Unlike my food poisoning episode of 4 years ago this time around they didn't put a fluid IV line in my arm moreso gave me a cup of water to carefully sip whilst observing my blood pressure and heart rate whilst the nurse and A&E duty doctor were doing their rounds I got in some mini power naps at one point had a quick chuck which drained all my energy resulting the in nurse assigned to me dropping an anti nausea tablet onto my tongue

This helped in someway ease my queasiness/sick feeling then the duty doctor gave me a couple of sweetened biscuits to see if i could keep at least one of them down luckily enough my stomach kept it down so she was satisfied enough to discharge me now I'm 95 % better but nursing a dry/sore throat from the constant non stop spewing and was able to eat a microwave pasta meal for dinner to compensate for having no food in my stomach
Do you have any bone broth or a scrambled egg? Tomato products are hard on the stomach.

Taking a little break from hurricane prep to cuddle the kitties. Yasuke and Biscuits turned 7yrs old today. They are both sitting on my lap after I sang Happy Birthday to them.

Already went into town and got more buckets, some canned fruit, and stuff. Filled up the gas tank on the truck. Moved my wagon and some other stuff to the car port to keep them safe. Put stuff inside the shed near the pump house. Tried to pull the generator into the shed but it was too heavy for me to move.

Looks like they expect winds to be 60 to 70mph in my area.
Hang on tight!
Checked outta our room and waitin on time to see the dr. Woke up with my back and hip fired up again. Neverbgotbtobfinish PT, but it had been feelin better. Driving 3 hours in the wife's car didn't help. Got 3 more to do to get home.
Say a prayer the Dr visit goes well and we can get some answers. And we can get home in good shape
Big prayers BP 🙏.
And Pearl probly make you try on one of her bikinis
Now that would have been funny if he woke up in a bikini. 👙 we need to plan that better next time 😂

Robert Stewart: hope you feel better soon!!
Amish: hope your dog feels better soon too

Today no trips planned and very happy about it. I get tired of going places and September seems to always be the month we have to go get many things and do many things
So animals care, cooking, and I want to take Otto for a hike up the mountain which I haven't done lately. Might clean the livingroom too
It gave me one almighty scare that's for sure last time I admitted myself to hospital was back in 2022 after an unfortunate accident with an angle grinder which nicked my right knee capillary that required 4 stitches still have a scar where it happened but yesterdays incident was more scarier as I was running on only 5 hours sleep without anything in my stomach thankfully my blood sugar level and ketones were normal when taken by the nurse

Had a solid uninterrupted sleep last night aside from getting up for a drink of water got up after 9:30am to feed the chooks and do my washing as well as a pile load of dishes I'm just relaxing now with a bowl of vanilla ice cream in hopes it will shorten the healing time of my dry/raspy voice it has made a lil bit of progress as I already had a mini can of spaghetti earlier for breakfast so slowly recovering

Glad you're feeling better, Robert.
Our pup is feeling better. He had some egg, homemade bread, some beef, and bone broth. Little bits, but acting better. I think it was the squirrel he finished off after the cats gutted it.
Glad you're home, Bacpacker. Elk...didn't know you do naked twerking in the garden...wouldn't go over with the Menno ladies, sorry. Straighten up right now.
Hope all is well tonight for you, Zannej.
Started back on the dang steriods for the arthritis leg pain, but maybe I'll sleep tonight. It was sure a bear getting husband to Wichita for an appt today. I really hate Wichita. Got an early morning appt scheduled with the chiropractor for Thursday.

you remembered....roflmao....once i twerked in garden naked yall and caused a forum section riot....some laughed and hee hawed...others wanted to burn me on a stake....lol

epic times back then !!
For the record I was one of the laughers. Miley Cyrus had nothing on Elkie.

Had a very restful day, starting to feel a little better. Went out for lunch, saw a neighbor and caught up on the news about the meth addicts I saw on my cousin's land. Sheriffs office knows all about the pair, both now have warrants. And the darnedest thing happened, the abandoned mobile home they'd been crashing at has mysteriously burned down. Must have been dry lighting...:rolleyes: hasn't rained in weeks. With winter on the way guess they'll be looking for a new territory, no other crash pads left out in this neck of the woods.

Did some lite cleaning, finished up a tincture, just watching some tv tonight. Oh, have to take dad to a doc apt tomorrow in the big town. Need a few groceries so I'll pick them up on the way home.

So, I've moved a bunch of stuff to safer locations, filled up buckets with water and put lids on them, filled up waterers for the pets, filled up filter pitchers, fed kitties, cooked for Mom, and been tending to a sick cat. Not sure what is wrong with Rupert but he has me worried and I can't sleep. My arrhythmia is acting up and I don't know if its bc of the coming storm or bc I'm worried about Rupert or both. I'm going to have to take him in to the vet as soon as they open in the morning.

Hope you stay safe from the storm, how close are you? Hope your cat gets better too
Always too many problems at one time :(

So, I've moved a bunch of stuff to safer locations, filled up buckets with water and put lids on them, filled up waterers for the pets, filled up filter pitchers, fed kitties, cooked for Mom, and been tending to a sick cat. Not sure what is wrong with Rupert but he has me worried and I can't sleep. My arrhythmia is acting up and I don't know if its bc of the coming storm or bc I'm worried about Rupert or both. I'm going to have to take him in to the vet as soon as they open

looks like the weather forecast has changed once again and now it is not supposed to rain all day Saturday so we might do the market afterall. Honestly, I need a break from all that bread baking . Might skip anyway but not sure. Will talk to husband about it to see how motivated he is. We have so many other things to do like plow up the garden, weedeat the electric fence lines, chop wood and stack ( son accumulated quite a pile of logs he dragged out of the woods and pastures with the ATV. He cut them down a few years ago so they are seasoned wood
I also started a batch of sourdough bread for us so definitely some baking tomorrow

For the record I was one of the laughers. Miley Cyrus had nothing on Elkie.
You sure are....one of the good ones i tell ya.......sad how the Sour Sally's acted over Miley Cyrus new songs....lol....oh and the dancing bear too.

Hell i guess i need to ride to town now and buy some No Twerking signs for the garden now....

Stay safe and keep us posted on Francine!!
Thanks! So far, nothing but a little rain and no wind. I'll update as we go.

Will walk first and walk dogs if not raining.
Will be pressure canning 2-#10 cans of green beans into about 15 pints of green beans.
Christmas cards, maybe.

More wind and rain tonight. Hopefully will be over tonight as tomorrow, we are supposed to go to a doc for dh about 40 miles away.

You sure are....one of the good ones i tell ya.......sad how the Sour Sally's acted over Miley Cyrus new songs....lol....oh and the dancing bear too.

Hell i guess i need to ride to town now and buy some No Twerking signs for the garden now....
Feeling frisky?

Hope you stay safe from the storm, how close are you? Hope your cat gets better too
Always too many problems at one time :(
I'm in sort of central Louisiana but a bit to the west. Between Lake Charles and Alexandria. So according to https://zoom.earth/maps/wind-gusts/#view=30.19,-88.7855,7z/model=icon I'm not currently in the path. But I have friends in New Orleans and Kenner and am worried about them. They thought the storm would hit cat2 but it is remaining cat1. I'm hoping it degrades to tropical storm before getting too far. Worst storm I've been in was a Cat5 (super typhoon Paka in Guam). It was nasty. The eye sat over my area for 45min while it tore the rest of the island up. No power for over 4 months. Micronesia Mall had generators so they had a lot of business during that time.

Rupert has a bad ear infection and vertigo but the vet said he should recover with time and treatment at home. Poor baby is sleeping it off right now.
Feeling frisky?

LOL! Reminds me that in The Elder Scrolls Online there are bears that stand up and rub their backs on trees.
I was relieved that the vet said Rupert's condition isn't terminal but it will take work to get him feeling better. he went through this as a kitten but wasn't quite this bad. He's such a sweet loving kitty. I hate to see him suffering, but he made it through before. I just have to make sure to keep him hydrated, give him his meds, and give him lots of love and comfort. Mewlatto is sitting on me right now so he's getting belly rubs.

First off my knees are still sore so I'm not doing any kneeling until they are better. As for the goal for today, once AGAIN (!!!) our credit card has had a security breach. So I am going to all of our autopay bill sites & changing to a different credit card. This is the 3rd security breach & with the other problems I've had with them they have become the card that is used the least. As a matter of fact I suggested to my wife that the discounts that we get with their card isn't worth dealing with them anymore. She's thinking it over.

Maybe (?) I'll mow the back yard today. It needs it but I'm really not in the mood. Yesterday I got one shelf of crystal cleaned & moved & had my wife "review" what I did (displayed it differently). It passed inspection so I "might" do 2 more shelves. The problem is that they are low & full of crystal so that means a lot of getting up & down. I "could" lay on the floor to take them out so that's a maybe.

Started new exercise program.(BD)
According to phone I had already walked 925 steps, nope doing (BD).
Several of us Military ladies decided to give it a try again.
Went to Primary Care Doctor Appointment this morning.
He says I need to lose 50 pounds, get my blood pressure down a bit. (297/197).
Other than that I feel pretty good.
Still cancer free, as of today.
Reading forums, coffee.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back