What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t have it on mine, but usually when something disappears it’s because I accidentally deleted or turned it off 🥴
I think ben answered it, I just found that also. (the click your avatar part)

Phone call went okay. Got the price lowered to something I’d consider acceptable and paid them. So far the work that they did seems to be okay. I’ll want to give it another couple weeks to be sure.

I ordered a mason jar vacuum sealer and tomorrow will include vacuum sealing some of the freeze-dried mushrooms I picked up from our local mushroom farm. Hopefully they’ll keep a little better that way.

On the docket for tomorrow trying out some dehydrated chicken the way I saw on the Rain Country channel (thank you again @Amish Heart!) and seeing if we like that. I kept it simple, picked up a Costco rotisserie chicken as it was cheap and we like them well enough. If we like how they dehydrate, that’ll give me an inexpensive way to put up both meat and broth.

think youtube doesnt read here at forum tracking me...seen it suggest turner and hooch movie..no doubt from @Hooch name here....and a donkey documentary...no doubt from @Pearl and us talking about her buddy!

Coffee, and then when it gets light out, then build ,what I hope is the last part for the "never ending" Job

Fresh brewed coffee.
I am up, dressed of sorts(t-shirt,shorts) and I may stay in them a while.
Have a much needed haircut appointment this afternoon.
Looks cloudy outside.
Talked to my Irishman this morning(0400 hours)my time.
Might take a much needed nap after while.
Will have to deal with CSA boxes that I picked up yesterday.
Looks like I will be making more apple raisin pie filling to be canned up for future pies.
Probably be making Spiced Apples too.
Or maybe applesauce.
Got several squashes I need to get used up before they go bad.
Butt coffee first.

Last edited:
Seems Estelle has been by my house this morning.
She left me a surprise present.
Anybody know anything about Diamond Painting?
It's supposed to be a parrot according to the picture.
But it might be a buzzard or worse if I try it.
Makes me think, her mom doesn't want the mess at her house.
Neither does Aunt Sissy, nor Nana.
So let's bring it to Granny's house.
Granny will do it with me.
Hmm.........

Pain I had is a kidney stone again. Ugh. I get them frequently enough that I can recognize them once they start throbbing in the back above the pelvis and down into the pelvis and urinary tract. This sucks. Hope it will pass quickly. Gonna have to drink a bunch of water.

Gonna try to take it easy today.

Pain I had is a kidney stone again.
I hope you pass it soon!

Already walked.
Will pick up a free lunch at Catholic Church around 11 AM.
Otherwise, will be cleaning out, downsizing and rearranging my bedroom closet and getting out some of what I will take to IL.
I have to go to some store for black pipe cleaners and white puff balls for the sheep ornaments. Didn't have any at home.
NO Bible study tonight. Staying home.

Got home yesterday at 6.30 in the morning. It was a 19 hour drive. Except for a short stop at my sister's place we drove straight through. We had a nice trip, but its good to be home.
I'm going to work on the Startlink today. If I can't get it to work I'll send it back. So far it looks like I need internet to set it up.

Waiting on supplies for the gennie and resistance soldering unit so back to one of my loves, ho scale model railroads. Making a CNC program to cut chassis parts out of brass. Resistance solder the parts together and maybe sell a few. I have several nice old kits and some parts have zinc pest, zinc pest is a type of corrosion that gets in the metal (zamac, a zinc alloy) when too much moisture is present. So many old kits have bad parts I think this may prove fruitful. I studied a lot of CNC for dummies on YT I have the dummy part down no problem. Already made a couple programs so it's just time and math. Other than that watching Real America's Voice.

Got home yesterday at 6.30 in the morning. It was a 19 hour drive. Except for a short stop at my sister's place we drove straight through. We had a nice trip, but its good to be home.
I'm going to work on the Startlink today. If I can't get it to work I'll send it back. So far it looks like I need internet to set it up.
More stupid stuff from computer people, you need computer to hook up a satellite system to get internet, cause you can't get ground based. (Hard slaps all around)

Taking a long lunch break, temps over 90f. Three younger neighbors came over this morning and started cutting up that big water oak. They got 4 small loads of firewood. It’s green but will burn great next year.

I was dragging limbs into a pile then using the tractor to skid them down below the pole barn. I was almost out of diesel so went down the road at lunch and got 20g of offroad fuel. Had roast, peas and blackberry pie at the diner.

Waiting for the shade from the remaining oaks to creep across the yard before continuing the work. Work smart, not hard!

20240919_083833a.jpg
20240919_090517a.jpg
20240919_092853a.jpg

Granny will do it with me.....
-- --
WELL worth the effort and mess.. This will create a memory others are missing out on..
== ==
Hot, muggy, high overcast for 3rd day now.. Supposed to thunderstorm this late afternoon, evening.. That will mean the present weather front has passed and am ready for a change..

Yesterday was 50% off colored tags and clothes at the Salvation Army store.. Today is 25% at the Savers Thrift store.. The thrill of the hunt.... But first ...more coffee...

Got up, got cleaned up, met with the law firm, increased my hours of availability, quit my contractor job, went to see the lady, drove to the compound, watched some workers loaded up and drive away with the two shipping containers, loaded up the pickup, drove to the storage unit, set up some heavy duty shelving, unloaded the truck, drove back to the compound, reloaded the pickup and decided I had accomplished enough for the time being and I needed a patio break. Now I am drinking an ice cold glass of sweet tea before I eventually go do a little more work.

Latest posts

Back