What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s fun and wholesome- all ages. Hubby is making jalapeño poppers. More folks this year. Modified the cider press so should be a little easier, function better. Some good folks and the weather is supposed to be about mid 70s 😍

He was at One Time, so Teach/Train him Right...!!! 🫡
I didn't train him.
He had had been moved several times within the company.
Trying to find him a home, so he wouldn't be dishonorable discharged.
But he knew more than his supervisors, commanders.
He also didn't have the security clearance to be in my area.
So for his troubles, he was dishonorable discharged.

OUCH...!!! That will never be changed...!!

I didn't train him.
He had had been moved several times within the company.
Trying to find him a home, so he wouldn't be dishonorable discharged.
But he knew more than his supervisors, commanders.
He also didn't have the security clearance to be in my area.
So for his troubles, he was dishonorable discharged.
And just for the record I protested the punishment.
I thought maybe retraining brigade, even jail time.
But that is what the Brigade Commander decided.

Mo, sounds like he wasn't a good fit for military if he couldn't follow the rules. He's lucky it was dishonorable discharge and not death. My dad wrote in his memoirs about a platoon leader who thought he knew better than everyone else. Got himself and his unit killed by not listening to others.

I cooked for Mom and pre-loaded an insulin cartridge for her pump as her current cartridge is almost empty. Also trying to figure out what to eat.

Today is a range day, so I have been making sure that the wife can see the church broadcast on her computer and checking our internet connection before I leave.
Yesterday I connected a hotspot to our network from the wife's phone and that seemed to settle things downs a bit. I also checked the exterior box and noticed that the weather seals were not properly located in the slots, I corrected that, reseated all the connectors and closed it all back up. We have had rain and heavy fog for the last week so I am thinking that moisture could have been adding to our problems.

today I really need to go shopping for some groceries, haven't gone since before the storm. We always have food to eat but I want some bananas and milk. Milk goat is definitely done for the year, and we are about to breed the goats anyway
Husband is going to clean out the gutter of the shop building so we can use future rain water for storage for animals or plants. It's full of leaves right now.

Today is a day without a schedule, or real plans. Car has a full tank of gas we just got paid :). Trip north to BOL, drop off some boxes, change some camera batteries there, Lori wants to block some squares.

Then we will go on "walkabout" and see what happens. Lori found another place she might want to volunteer, and I found a new diner to check out :)

It’s fun and wholesome- all ages. Hubby is making jalapeño poppers. More folks this year. Modified the cider press so should be a little easier, function better. Some good folks and the weather is supposed to be about mid 70s 😍
What kind of cider press do you have? I'm looking at buying one soon.

Today is a range day, so I have been making sure that the wife can see the church broadcast on her computer and checking our internet connection before I leave.
Yesterday I connected a hotspot to our network from the wife's phone and that seemed to settle things downs a bit. I also checked the exterior box and noticed that the weather seals were not properly located in the slots, I corrected that, reseated all the connectors and closed it all back up. We have had rain and heavy fog for the last week so I am thinking that moisture could have been adding to our problems.
Prepping Never Ends...!!! :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back