What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exhausted, sore all over but at least the bleeding stopped. I hate getting old, takes forever for a cut to seal. Ruined two pairs of jeans this week. Granted, I was debating tossing them in the rag box before I bled all over them. Now I have no choice. My arms and legs are cut everywhere.

Been clearing brush, vines and saw briars... saw briars are nasty things, hard as nails, make rose bushes seem like a comfy pillow.

Saw briars, a well deserved name... gonna have to toss my leather gloves too. They are ripped up pretty bad.

20241007_125323a.jpg

Last edited:
Exhausted, sore all over but at least the bleeding stopped. I hate getting old, takes forever for a cut to seal. Ruined two pairs of jeans this week. Granted, I was debating tossing them in the rag box before I bled all over them. Now I have no choice. My arms and legs are cut everywhere.

Been clearing brush, vines and saw briars... saw briars are nasty things, hard as nails, make rose bushes seem like a comfy pillow.

Saw briars, a well deserved name... gonna have to toss my leather gloves too. They are ripped up pretty bad.

View attachment 164447
Hey @Peanut don't let a little blood make you toss a perfectly good pair of jeans, soak the blood stains with hydrogen peroxide, scrub, and rinse with cold water. You would be amazed what that can do to a blood stain.

Then again if you were looking for an excuse to get a new pair, just ignore this..

No Dave today, but he'll be finishing up tomorrow all the projects left. No doc appts today, either. So plans are to go to the post office, finish the cupboard painting so Dave can put the hardware on tomorrow. Maybe the pharmacy in the bigger town, and maybe feed, but both might wait a day or so. Bison night at the amish restaurant tonight, so no cooking for me. But lots of this and that around the farm.

busy today making dough for tomorrow and cooking 2 meals . Forgot to buy butter so I have to change my plan on what to bake . Can't bake any sweet stuff so it will just be breads
Don't have a lot of eggs either, it got cold out and the chickens are not happy or something
So this will not a great market, since we won't have a lot to sell. Oh well, last one
Internet keeps going off, but so far power is still on. We got one of the tanks I got in place in the barn ( a little room that we store water and some other stuff in. I do need to still get the hose attachment, so we don't wear out the plastic valve that opens and closes it. I put it on blocks so we can put a bucket under to fill up for the animals. It still has a tiny bit of oil in it ( saw the little drops on top of the water ) but it's not going to hurt them any. Better that than too much dish soap

But you could learn to knit, crochet,so you would always have socks.
Just get a sock loom and make them that way. You can also get sock forms for blocking knit socks and use them as patterns for sewn socks out of fleece or scraps.

Neighbor boy Levi had the day off of school, so he helped with morning chores. Dishwasher guy came by with the fixit part. Took Levi into town with me, went to the post office and the amish grocery, and we took the farm beater truck since I don't drive it often. He stayed for lunch...filled up and now is gone home. Have lots of this or that to do today.

Back