What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm beat..
Today I will take the pups for a short walk.
...I have to make a run to the dump..
Get some lunch ready for work
...water my lime tree and Aloe
Package up another box to send to Grindstone ministry in TN..this is box #3! Whew hew!
Move a 12 foot log :/ ..uggh..sigh..
I wanted get everything done yesterday but it took half a day to mostly clean n organize the garage and boneyard..still not done with that but I worked till dark.
I'm feeling it today..

Good news is the mill hired a new guy to learn to run my machine. Turns out his dad was a neighbor down my road untill he retired, married a gal n moved. His dad was a great neighbor, so I'm happy to teach his son my job. Maybe the mill will let me go on clean up for winter 2 weeks out of the month like on day shift. He can stack and I'll just help him out when a bad wreck happens. Otherwise give me a shovel, broom and airhoze.
Then if it's snowing hard, I stay home too 😀 no stress, no driving through blizzards at 5am on rotten Mt roads
I can dream..lol..

Splitting firewood this morning.
20241013_100738.jpg

Yesterday I was using my truck to help pack the gravel pad. Got too close to the side and slid off the pad. Now I have to fix the mess I made.
Judging by your speed at splitting wood, you should be able to disassemble the truck, move the parts back up on the pad, and reassemble it in an hour or so and be on your way. Then you could just kick the gravel back into place in a minute or two.

Back