What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too, @elkhound and you were actually supposed to laugh at my post about Mr. Peanut.
I cleaned inside my windshield, cleaned the bathroom, straightened some things up, got stuff for trash pick-up ready, went to the bank, gave an old lady a ride (poor little thing was walking UP a long steep hill on a highway, no beverage, it was kinda hot out), went to a store, had lunch, played rope with the dog, took dog for a walk, did two loads of laundry, ran the dishwasher, got gas. And so much more to do.
i was wowed though...think how many peanut jars are in the landfills around the country

there was a time glass was so high valued...colored glass even more...theres an old ship wreack from way way back in the day and its filled with blue colored ingots of glass to be heated and shaped into items at destination it was headed...the ships cargo was worth millions back then....i forget what else it had on it.

@Patchouli

Uluburun shipwreck​

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uluburun_shipwreck

P-blue-glass-ingots.jpg

yall women are about to commit sins !!

thought shall not toss the old mans boxs out.....lol
These boxes need an expiration date!!
Thank goodness for dumpster pickup tomorrow morning. Little granddaughter and I stuffed 2 big screen tv boxes in the dumpster. They were in the garage for months "just in case".

I got rid of some of my LH's stuff many years ago, things he had for when he moved out of living with M&D. I don't think he liked that much. He had collected glass jars with the stopper lids, seems it was Mr. Peanut on the jars. They were good for storing dried beans, sugar, etc. I told him Mr. Peanut was gay and we wouldn't be having Mr. Peanut around anymore. (Stole photo off ebay.) Shame on me. They are collector items now.
View attachment 165406
How can a Mr Peanut be gay?

Do I have a recipe for my ...world famous beans... Yes and no... Will post that in the cooking area..

Lazy Sunday.. Really nice today.. Same predicted tomorrow and Tuesday.. Wednesday and remainder of week to be cooler.. We are about 50/75% leaf color change with most still on the trees yet.. Problem is we are under a ..severe.. fire danger warning.. Need some rain..

Monday is semi annual teeth cleaning appointment.. Will need to be sure to take Tylenol before that as I usually have 2-3 days of tender mouth after...
Will look for the recipe- thank you.
Me thinks you might need a new dentist. A cleaning shouldn’t hurt 😞

My internet is barely working so I might not be able to reply on here much tonight.

I'm home. Ate something before I decided to sit down at the computer. Exhausted. Tow guy was nice. I pointed out some good stuff in the deli bc he was hungry. Dude hasn't had a day off in 3 months and he had to go to Texas and back today-- had 5 tows and hopefully mine was the last. Good sense of humor. Very good driver too. No problems controlling his rig.

I'm about to take a nap and see about getting a replacement tire in the morning. Will see if the local tire shop has an old tire that can work until I can get new ones. Need all 4 tires replaced bc they are bald. Might keep a 4th one as a spare.

its why i told family now if i croak not to toss books on my shelves as so many are highly valuable...talked about it in the book thread where ever it is at....lol...i lose track of threads on forum easily.
That’s an awesome point. Need to put something of the sort in my will - don’t donate until you look up the value. Most are nonfiction or historical.

Why is it women ...manage... mens stuff when they get into there ..nesting mood.. and not big bunch of ...shoes, purses, scarves... you name it on there 9/10 of the closet ?? Why is there never money for a fishing reel that will last for years, but the toilet gets matching rug, tank top, seat carpet 5-6 times a year ?? Why isn't there a medication for this ??

Don't get me started...

Why is it women ...manage... mens stuff when they get into there ..nesting mood.. and not big bunch of ...shoes, purses, scarves... you name it on there 9/10 of the closet ?? Why is there never money for a fishing reel that will last for years, but the toilet gets matching rug, tank top, seat carpet 5-6 times a year ?? Why isn't there a medication for this ??

Don't get me started...
🤔 Girly girls!! Just saying!!

These boxes need an expiration date!!
ahhhhh...no.....lol...boxes only expire when they fall apart and then resort to line #8 on marriage,concubine and girlfriend contract which says....upon boxes falling apart i promise to rebox till death do us part.

finally found a crack in amish hearts armor.....boxes !

Argghhh! Boxes.
You know if something breaks anyway (like a tv with an extended warantee), no need to keep the box This happened. You take a photo of the ID numbers of the tv, and they send you another one. Same with the ice maker. I found that happens this year. Since husband can't get out and shop, he buys stuff online and has it delivered. Sooo many boxes. You don't have to save them. Really.

Argghhh! Boxes.
You know if something breaks anyway (like a tv with an extended warantee), no need to keep the box This happened. You take a photo of the ID numbers of the tv, and they send you another one. Same with the ice maker. I found that happens this year. Since husband can't get out and shop, he buys stuff online and has it delivered. Sooo many boxes. You don't have to save them. Really.

she does have a kryptonite.....lol

And Marlon our farm neighbor, a young amish man agrees. Ha.
He was burning our burn pile a few weeks back, and asked if there was more to add. I said nope, couldn't think of anything. Then he asked about all those moving boxes in the roundtop. Ha Ha Ha...we moved here years ago. Burn baby burn.

Don't get me started...
I generally don't mess with other people's stuff and I like to keep boxes. Unfortunately, cats like to shred boxes and roaches love to infest them.
What? You mean you don't like this look?
1729567286019.png1729568629075.png

or this?
1729568659629.png
LOL. Don't mind me. I'm tired and had been really bored waiting for the towtruck. Glad to be back home.

No one's throwing away my junk. Around '04 I did a lot of gold prospecting, even gave everyone little vials of gold for christmas one year. Now they all think I have gold stashed everywhere. They'll be fighting over my boxes of junk when I kick! 🤣

Did almost nothing today, getting some badly needed rest.

Last edited:

Don't get me started...
I have an interesting story about the shoes and purses part of this.

About 15 or so years ago, I took a service call on a device in a bank. No customers at the time, so about 5 of 6 of the ladies working there were having an excited conversation about their purses and shoes.

Well, a few weeks later my adopted niece asked me to go to her apartment and change the combo on her safe. I got there and the whole place was a mess, except for her purses and shoes. They were all in perfect order, so I teased her about it and referred to the women in the bank.

A week or two later we were having a phone conversation and she mentioned that-time-of-month, so she was having to change some clothing to a different size. Then she said to me, "Ya know Uncle Lenny, the only clothing that doesn't change are purses and shoes and that is the reason women get attached to those items.

its why i told family now if i croak not to toss books on my shelves as so many are highly valuable...talked about it in the book thread where ever it is at....lol...i lose track of threads on forum easily.
my dad collects a variety of useless stuff, including old books. He told me he is worried we ( my brother and self) are just going to toss them out if he dies ( he thinks he will outlive us, and just might) . I told him " if they are worth so much, why don't you sell them?" he said he had talked to a few book dealers that sell that sort of thing and they didn't want to give him what he paid for them.....so...not worth collecting and hanging on to stuff like that ( same with his stamp collection and old postcards ) the only thing he collected that was worth something ( gold coins) got stolen by the Polish woman he hired to take care of my mother before she died ( woman did not get caught, she gave a fake name and the agency my dad hired her from got investigated for not doing proper background checks, but nothing came of it, gold gone)
my point collections of anything are only worth what people will pay for them when you try to sell them

sitting in bed having tea, thinking about what I WANT to do today and what I SHOULD do to rest my foot...

Goat bucks need to go in with the girls and I have some lambs to medicate. These are the same ones that got sick before ( probably coccidia again) . I think they might be the bottle babies but not sure since I can't find my notebook with the records in it. I would send them to the auction but they are males I was going to keep for butchering next year, but if they get sick again, they are going.

I need to go shopping. Not cooking today, when I moved the freezers around I took the food out and defrosted them and found some older stuff that needs to be used up. Have a few frozen meals I made left, and some other stuff. Some we will eat today, some will go to dogs, rest to chickens. Poor chickens are on the bottom of the list for leftovers

Regular day here! Little critters are fed, waiting for daylight to take care of Buddy. Going to my regular Tuesday job! Trying to get my holiday work schedule together. Everyone wants extras and different days because of company and stuff!! Going to be a warm one today, pushing 90°! Will definitely make pool time!

Been busy.
Yesterday, after walking, I set up DH's pills for the month.
Did 3 loads of laundry.
Made Crockpot bread and cornbread.
Grilled marinated chicken and some burgers.
Glad that one is over.

Already walked this morning.
Will walk dogs, next.
Write some ebay drafts.
Take my friend to local clinic at 1 pm.
Maybe write more drafts or not.

Just got a phone call this morning while I was in the house! That has never happened up here before. I'm liking this Starlink more all the time. Anyway, the call was from the truck driver that's delivering the building materials for the new ATV parking garage. When completed this building will be 20'×16'. I'll park the ATV's, the side by side, the snowblower and store the tracks in.

my dad collects a variety of useless stuff, including old books. He told me he is worried we ( my brother and self) are just going to toss them out if he dies ( he thinks he will outlive us, and just might) . I told him " if they are worth so much, why don't you sell them?" he said he had talked to a few book dealers that sell that sort of thing and they didn't want to give him what he paid for them.....so...not worth collecting and hanging on to stuff like that ( same with his stamp collection and old postcards ) the only thing he collected that was worth something ( gold coins) got stolen by the Polish woman he hired to take care of my mother before she died ( woman did not get caught, she gave a fake name and the agency my dad hired her from got investigated for not doing proper background checks, but nothing came of it, gold gone)
my point collections of anything are only worth what people will pay for them when you try to sell them
thankfully the books i have were bought over decades and some i bought in high school just because of my interests and here over 40 years have passed is only reason they are of value and the old guys that wrote them were kinda famous and after their death the value coupled with time is only reason for it. niece will/can sale them to a book broker i know and turn them into cd's at bank for herself.

i have decades of magazines they can toss though......lol

i admit i have had a love affair going on with books my entire life and hope it continues till i die...only thing make it better if i find a woman wants to play librarian with me....lol.....chicken dinner winner then....roflmao

when i was a kid i begged for books and music and trips to the library....in school our library was awesome place and vocational building.

Latest posts

Back