What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
October 19th 2024
9.15 pm I feel like its 11 pm
58f its warm and a bit of light rain
Tomorrow and Friday supposed to be sunny

Glad that day is over ..almost
Was busy here and there since the start of the week almost :rolleyes:

Now I sit with Shiraz and try to relax hopefully sleeping deeply

Wish you will sleep well too and be cozy

**Turning hope into dreams, you can learn to fly!**

Didn’t seem like I got much done today but did get some things finished up: finished the ironing :dancing: yep, that one deserves a happy dance. It’s been lingering and every time I did laundry made more when I thought I was done.
Baked a loaf of sourdough- turned out great. I reworked my starter before using it this time. Made a batch of pecan pie bark so I could return a dish. Pa and hubby both approved. Covered the peppers and 3 tomato plants since it’s supposed to get close to freezing.
Received our ballots (we have mail in only). Now I have to decide who to vote for 😂.
My wife has been trying to make sourdough bread for a couple years now. On her first attempt it kinda fell flat and was like eating a 2×6. It tasted good but I needed a chisel to cut it.

My wife has been trying to make sourdough bread for a couple years now. On her first attempt it kinda fell flat and was like eating a 2×6. It tasted good but I needed a chisel to cut it.
When I first started making Sourdough Bread "Hockey Puck" was what mine was like. Or "Clay Pigeon" except you could throw it several times. I did varnish one used it as door stop for awhile. It finally disappeared.

I've not made sourdough, but have been experimenting with different grain breads. 9 grain and quinoa bread so far is husband's favorite. Using a bread machine, time saving for sure. Neighbor was over this evening because he's starting his cleanup before it's his time to host church, and he likes to store excess farm equipment in our roundtop before church. We started talking about bread for some weird reason, and his wife picked up a bucket of some special kind of grain down the road at a home place that's selling that I never heard of. So maybe I'll get an in there. Gave him a sample of 9 grain and some chopped nine grain to bring home. Second amish person now that wants to rig up a bread machine to solar. Although he pointed out that for Sunday service, they need about 8 loaves.

My grad is on today but can't attend, so I'm going to watch it online; other than that, just the usual chores then writing. Had induction this week for my PhD;of course I was the oldest there :D but fellow researchers were very nice, and some really interesting research going on. I have the feeling the three years are going to fly by. The weather is incredibly mild for the time of year- Storm Ashley passed us by with no issues, but there is more torrential rain on the way- and I think the following week the cold is to come in. The clock hasn't changed yet but already the days are shorter - everything is still growing though!

Latest posts

Back