What's for dinner tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fixed a meatloaf with venison.mixed greenbeans corn early peas and sliced carrots together for my vegetables and German potato salad yesterday.handed out a serving of meatloaf to 3 or 4 neighbors after supper.

Today..fold over meatloaf sandwiches for lunch . Then another full meal tonight.

IMG_20180515_074729.jpg

2112D70B-C235-46EB-BBA0-74D51D79B01D.jpeg
Just roasted a pork loin in the Dutch oven with some vegetables. This is technically still lunch, but it will be dinner later on today as well! I used a little bit of Italian seasoning I just got recently bought in it and discovered a whole new flavor mix with the onions and garlic. There’s a little soy and woschester in there too. Turned out to be one of the best gravies I’ve made in a while. Everything is better with gravy on it!

We had proper food.:D
SPAM fritters, baked beans and new potatoes.
Ouch, not the dreaded spam thing again! Seriously, fried spam tastes pretty good. So does fried bologna and a well charred hotdog. I still can’t stop thinking about the ammonia in the pink slime though, so limit my intake of the stuff.

were eating Chinese tonight, courtesy of a "doggy bag" supplied by a restaurant owner of my BIL's acquaintance.
first time ever for me.

All this talk of barbeque had me spatchock a chicken this morning. It's now marinading in lemon, olive oil, garlic and paprika ready for dinner tonight. I'm afraid I'm useless at actual barbequeing, so it's safer (for us) if I use the oven:oops:
I made a fruit jelly for dessert.:D

Its been cool and rainy so I made a big pot of chilli and had crackers and a block of extra sharp cheddar cheese with it .
Chili sounds good! I cheated and brought home a country cooking places takeout. Roast beef and gravy over rice, Mac and cheese, green beans and a really large moist and fluffy biscuit. The place is called Rabbit Town and is in Gainesville Ga. It’s well worth the visit if you’re ever in the area. It’s cheap, really good and always fast to get in and out. I’m guessing your all getting the idea that I like this place....

A couple nights ago I smoked a pork roast. It'll give me leftovers for lunches until the wife comes home in about 3 more weeks. Tonight I'm going to cook some frozen General Tso chicken and add red bell peppers and sliced jalapenos. Wish I had some rice to go with it.

Last edited:
Ate a bolana sandwich be fore i headed out for my shopping trip.now im eating tater chips.and for supper.ribeye steak,with steak rub.baked tater,with all the fixings.and ranch style beans.

Latest posts

Back