What's for dinner tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had a can of pilchards with my tea, rice and peas, can was dated 2013! blooming lovely!!!;)

Junk food junky lunch today.i used 2 fiesta nacho cheese soup for cheese dip.in which,i added a handful of home made bacon bits to it.ate a bowl full of it with round bite size tortilla chips with.im now thinking of 2nd's. :p

Went Blackberry picking Saturday. Theres alot this year . Took a snake / coyote gun but didnt have to use it . Had a cobbler ready before Wife got home from work .
20180623_113048.jpg
20180620_155948.jpg

There is a Buffalo farm up in the hills outside the city and they sell at the local market I got a few bits from the stall so tonight we are having Buffalo Burgers, sweetcorn, potato salad, and tomato and onion salad. The temps have rocketed over here and it too hot to be bothered with much cooking, I've neither the inclination or appetite for a full cooked supper.

I started a diet four days ago.... low cholesterol mostly. So far I’ve been living mostly off turkey subs loaded with every vegetable but no sauces. Not bad, but could really use a cheese burger about now! I somehow gained 25lbs over the years.....

When I want to lose a little weight I skip breakfast just having coffee . Go to work have bottle of water and apple for lunch then go home have what ever I want for supper . It works fast .
I’m going mostly for lower cholesterol but with twenty five lbs in mind as well. Lost about 5 in 4 days now but expect the rest to be slower. Weight loss isn’t what this thread was about to begin with though!

You’re making me hungry again. My gall bladder has been acting up so I didn’t eat anything yesterday and reasonable light tonight.

If I can't think of anything to eat but I'm hungry, that's alway's my fallback and seems to hit the spot. Eggs and gritz are light but filling. Alabama to far for me to drive and I can't guarantee it fresh by the time I got there in fact can't even guarantee I wouldn't eat it myself on my drive.

If I can't think of anything to eat but I'm hungry, that's alway's my fallback and seems to hit the spot. Eggs and gritz are light but filling. Alabama to far for me to drive and I can't guarantee it fresh by the time I got there in fact can't even guarantee I wouldn't eat it myself on my drive.

Lol. Now I’m thinking shrimp and grits. Hell, we bought a pork belly a while back that got smoked and cut into bacon. That’d be good with it.....

I’m still living through others with food here. Two weeks in and about 7lbs down. I’ll splurge and eat out on Saturday somewhere. Hell it dosent even matter where.... just something with real good greasy, heart clogging food!

Latest posts

Back