What's for dinner tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crawfish Bisque-1.jpg

Had thick ribeyes with the rib attached, green bean casserole, green beans, loaded baked potatoes, fried potatoes with yellow squash and okra, corn on the Cobb, loaded salad and buttered rolls. I am sure to have gained 5 lbs tonight, but hey, happy Father’s Day!

I made fajitas last night and corn on the cob. The onions, and tomatoes were from the garden and Walmart supplied the green pepper and tomitallo. I had a pork roast allready cooked so threw it into the vegetables just as they were about done. Quick, easy and really good.

Went to my favorite Greek place. Had a beef wrap, basically a gyro with chunks of beef vs the lamb stuff, and a pork skewer with roasted potatoes and a Greek salad. Had seconds of it just before bed. Ate way too much but it was really good!
STOP! STOP! You're killing me! :D
I have a real weakness for Greek, and there are ZERO Greek places here.

All this talk of Greek food made me remember I had a package of ground lamb in the freezer, so I looked up a recipe online.

Mediterranean Lamb Bowl - tumeric rice, ground spiced lamb, diced cucumbers and tomatoes, feta cheese. There was supposed to be some hummus, and I thought I had a can of chick peas, but I couldn't find it.

Lamb has fresh minced garlic, fresh minced onion, fresh chopped Italian parsley, fresh chopped mint, ground ginger, ground allspice, ground paprika, ground cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

There is enough lamb for several meals, so tomorrow I'll make it again if I can find a supermarket open, this time with hummus.
2JocdNh.jpg

Last edited:
Back