What's for dinner tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never had grits, what are grits?
I’m a southerner so will probably be persecuted for this but grits are a bland tasteless concoction that reminds me of polystyrene. It seems like they would be really healthy so I’ve tried to eat them dozens of times but just can’t get to like them without smothering them in butter, sugar or salt, or other things that get rid of any health benefits they might have. I did have shrimp and grits that wasn’t bad with a spicey Louisiana red sauce. All that good flavor drowned out the blandness of the grits.

Easy over eggs on toast and bacon strips on top, then another toast. Bacon and eggs sandwich with the best of the Arabian coffee. Orange juice and leftover Christmas cookies. Almond slices covered with melted chocolate and allowed to cool into a cookie. PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY!!!GP

I really like this thread. No political strife, no religious debates, just good old fashioned meal ideas.
I had fried chicken and potato salad for lunch, then a huge fried fish filet with salad and an appetizer or fried mushrooms. I’m on a short vacation so am not sticking to my diet right now..... it’s friggin wonderful!

I stopped at Sonic on my drive back to TX from my parents' place and got some onion rings. Then as I was pulling out of the parking lot I saw about 5 cop cars come in from both directions and surround a car in front of the shop next door. I drove away before it could get any more exciting. At least the onion rings were good.

Got back home today and my wife was feeling better. She had dinner of pork chops smothered is a rich tomatoe sauce and melted mozzarella over it and mixed vegetables throughout it. Heaven in every bite!

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes with white gravy, peas/carrots, cottage cheese, and a couple brownies for dessert.

really un-political here, right on Brent. not even gonna capitalise my writing today. hope your onionrings were good Kate, haven't had some over 20 years now. think i will show the wife how to do some with beerbatter. the turkish store has giant sweet onions at $3 a pound. gonna make me sum good things tomorrow. bye ya'll.

Got a big pot of 15bean soup going with the ham bone I froze weeks ago. The house smells really good right now but it has a couple hours to go yet. Been simmering all day. Will do some sweet cornbread with it and that’s going to be dinner for at least a few days now.

Got a big pot of 15bean soup going with the ham bone I froze weeks ago. The house smells really good right now but it has a couple hours to go yet. Been simmering all day. Will do some sweet cornbread with it and that’s going to be dinner for at least a few days now.
That sounds delicious. I might make soup next week.

Burgers and most fast foods are off my list for a while now... damn, I really like burgers too!
these were home cooked beef burgers not under cooked ones from MacDonalds!! all our meals are home cooked.
sausages and baked beans tonight.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back