What's for dinner tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made lasagna with italian (turkey) sausage, spinach, and mushrooms in it using whole wheat lasagna. It is actually pretty good. I will be eating it for the next few days though so I'll have to see if I have a different opinion by then.
I made a lasagna several weeks ago. It was a large batch and I made a second one uncooked and sealed it up for the freezer. I just pulled it out yesterday to thaw before cooking. I am pretty good about repurposing leftovers usually and not wasting foods but there’s not much else you can do with lasagna. Other than portion it beforehand for freezing. I started using the no boil noodles in mine and honestly I can’t tell a difference except it’s easier.

I made a lasagna several weeks ago. It was a large batch and I made a second one uncooked and sealed it up for the freezer. I just pulled it out yesterday to thaw before cooking. I am pretty good about repurposing leftovers usually and not wasting foods but there’s not much else you can do with lasagna. Other than portion it beforehand for freezing. I started using the no boil noodles in mine and honestly I can’t tell a difference except it’s easier.
I find the no boil noodles a little more gooey sometimes but they are so much easier I hardly use anything else.

Made a batch of flour tortillas, rendered some fat, made 5 canning jars of lard, cook-fried the meaty leftovers, Helena baked an apple crumble cake and sat my fanny in front of the TV and had a slow and very simple dinner from tortillas and meat fingerfood with a dark german beer with a natural yeast in it from the brewing process and 5.4% alc.

Eat the tail and suck the head....The last time I drove from Houston to New Orleans to deliver 900,000 new cans to the Coca-Cola filling operation there, was the last time I had any crayfish---1986!!

Country ham , eggs over easy , homemade biscuits , butter and honey with black coffee for breakfast .
I made a huge pile of fried potatoes, bacon, eggs and toast this morning. I never eat greasy meals like that anymore but love em! Tonight I’m going to have a 1/2 lb burger loaded with everything except a fresh tomato. That’s only because I don’t have one. Damned pandemic....

Made cheeseburgers for dinner with tatertots for dinner. Finally got that loaded cheeseburger I’ve been craving!

I'm making red beans and rice. I've been wanting some for a while now and I have some sausage and ham in the freezer that needs to be used.
My I’ll advised Popeyes run had satisfied my red beans and rice craving a few days ago. Now the cheese burger urge is satiated I’m thinking about a couple t bone steaks that are in the freezer. Hey, if we’re all gonna die (joking) we might as well feast first!

Last night I decided to cook a whole chicken. I turned the oven on to 350 degs, put the chicken in a roasting pan, added potatoes carrots asparagus and bell peppers. When I opened the oven door to put the chicken in it blew up. I was covered in flames from my chest to the top of my head. Much of my hair and beard burned off, my right eye is still a little blurry and my face has a minor burn. Kind of like a really bad sun burn.
As near as I can figure, when we cleaned the lower oven last time I put the gas diffuser in wrong. This allowed only a small flame to light and the rest of the oven filled up with gas. When I opened the door all that gas ignighted.
The moral of the story is that you never know what is going to "get" you.
Anyway once I fixed the oven I cooked the chicken. It was great.

Last night I decided to cook a whole chicken. I turned the oven on to 350 degs, put the chicken in a roasting pan, added potatoes carrots asparagus and bell peppers. When I opened the oven door to put the chicken in it blew up. I was covered in flames from my chest to the top of my head. Much of my hair and beard burned off, my right eye is still a little blurry and my face has a minor burn. Kind of like a really bad sun burn.
As near as I can figure, when we cleaned the lower oven last time I put the gas diffuser in wrong. This allowed only a small flame to light and the rest of the oven filled up with gas. When I opened the door all that gas ignighted.
Glad you weren’t hurt worse that you were. Be careful to keep the affected areas clean as this isn’t the time for an infection.

Oh goodness, I hope it's not too serious and you feel better soon. Burns are the worst and can be very serious if not treated properly.
I'm making some banana bread. It's been a while since I made it so I'll have to see how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back