What's new where you live?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be self treating too @Robin and not let anyone know since you are living in a scary situation right now. Load up on vitamin C, D and zinc along with CDS. I already have these on hand ready to go, just incase. I couldn't imagine living in a country that would ever allow that. I am worried for both you and your son, so stay safe and healthy.

DirtDiva and Psalm7 pay attention.

I always thought our Conservative Governor was doing a good job, but I just heard this......

Forget HIPA laws in TN. They are releasing everyone who tests positive name to the police authorities.

Also, there was a homeless man in Nashville that tested positive and the took him to the Fairgrounds and put him under quarantine. he left, and now they are going to arrest him when the find him. What is this some type of police state? Self Isolate the people that need to be away from others such as the elderly or ill, but you cannot do this **** in a free country.

If I had a family member that we thought had the virus, I am doubtful if I would even seek medical help unless it was major. This is scary as hell.

People need to start rebelling! This is getting way out of hand! The way they are acting you’d think everyone who caught this virus dies!

I always thought our Conservative Governor was doing a good job, but I just heard this......

Forget HIPA laws in TN. They are releasing everyone who tests positive name to the police authorities.

Also, there was a homeless man in Nashville that tested positive and the took him to the Fairgrounds and put him under quarantine. he left, and now they are going to arrest him when the find him. What is this some type of police state? Self Isolate the people that need to be away from others such as the elderly or ill, but you cannot do this **** in a free country.

If I had a family member that we thought had the virus, I am doubtful if I would even seek medical help unless it was major. This is scary as hell.

Looks like you have a Rino governor

People need to start rebelling! This is getting way out of hand! The way they are acting you’d think everyone who caught this virus dies!
I dont think these leftist and progressives fully thought out how this civil war they are pushing is going to turn out.

I know 10s of millions Constitutiolists that are ready for it.

Silly you, didn't you know that HIPAA laws only apply to the little people like me and you, not to government employees? :confused:

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/covid-19-hipaa-and-first-responders-508.pdf
COVID-19 and HIPAA: Disclosures to law enforcement, paramedics, other first responders and public health authorities

Does the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule allow a covered entity to share the name or other identifying information of an individual who has been infected with, or exposed to, the virus SARS-CoV-2, or the disease caused by the virus, Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), with law enforcement, paramedics, other first responders, and public health authorities without an individual’s authorization?

Yes, the HIPAA Privacy Rule permits a covered entity to disclose the protected health information (PHI) of an individual who has been infected with, or exposed to, COVID-19, with law enforcement, paramedics, other first responders, and public health authorities without the individual’s HIPAA authorization, in certain circumstances, including the following:

• When the disclosure is needed to provide treatment. For example, HIPAA permits a covered skilled nursing facility to disclose PHI about an individual who has COVID-19 to emergency medical transport personnel who will provide treatment while transporting the individual to a hospital’s emergency department. 45 CFR 164.502(a)(1)(ii); 45 CFR 164.506(c)(2).

• When such notification isrequired by law. For example, HIPAA permits a covered entity,such as a hospital, to disclose PHI about an individual who tests positive for COVID-19 in accordance with a state law requiring the reporting of confirmed or suspected cases of infectious disease to public health officials. 45 CFR 164.512(a).

• To notify a public health authority in order to prevent or control spread of disease. For example, HIPAA permits a covered entity to disclose PHI to a public health authority

They reversed course again...
https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/may/07/exclusive-san-diego-sheriff-resume-evictions-today/
San Diego Sheriff Halts Evictions, Hours After They Were Set To Resume
The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department has announced that it will no longer resume evictions in San Diego County.

In a statement released late today, a spokesperson for the Sheriff’s department wrote:

The Sheriff's Department had planned on resuming evictions that were in effect prior to the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have heard from several elected officials. Although they agree serving these evictions are perfectly legal, they expressed concerns about the impact. Accordingly, the Sheriff's Department has decided to suspend eviction service pending further discussion. said it made its decision after hearing from several elected officials about the impact the evictions might have on public health and safety during the pandemic. The department says it has paused the evictions pending further discussion.

They reversed course again...
https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/may/07/exclusive-san-diego-sheriff-resume-evictions-today/
San Diego Sheriff Halts Evictions, Hours After They Were Set To Resume
The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department has announced that it will no longer resume evictions in San Diego County.

In a statement released late today, a spokesperson for the Sheriff’s department wrote:

The Sheriff's Department had planned on resuming evictions that were in effect prior to the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have heard from several elected officials. Although they agree serving these evictions are perfectly legal, they expressed concerns about the impact. Accordingly, the Sheriff's Department has decided to suspend eviction service pending further discussion. said it made its decision after hearing from several elected officials about the impact the evictions might have on public health and safety during the pandemic. The department says it has paused the evictions pending further discussion.

I wish they would just do 1 more eviction, and get rid of the pot smoking, welfare bum hippies that live across the street from me.

I agree that is scary as hell. Makes one hesitant to even seek medical help doesn't it.

He wasn't. I'm shocked

I have been unhappy with the way he has handled this entire pandemic episode. Doctors across the state had to circulate a petition to get him to close the state. He finally gave in but should have reacted long before he did.

Please don't put links to Facebook. Find the source and link to that.

tcpfaKK.png

the parrot castle reopens yesterday. Parrot castle is a refuge for abandoned or customs-catched birds, holding in a near natural environment. Some of them jump on Your shoulder and You can feed them by hand, others remains behind some fences. Depending on their character and experiences with people.
I often went for a visit, just sit and watch these beautiful critters. Good to have this back again.
http://www.vogelburg.de/

the parrot castle reopens yesterday. Parrot castle is a refuge for abandoned or customs-catched birds, holding in a near natural environment. Some of them jump on Your shoulder and You can feed them by hand, others remains behind some fences. Depending on their character and experiences with people.
I often went for a visit, just sit and watch these beautiful critters. Good to have this back again.
http://www.vogelburg.de/
I wish we had a place like that! It seems like a place where you could do pretty effective social distancing. Hope the virus can't spread to the parrots though.

Hopefully late frosts have passed as we warm up this week. Up to 80 by the weeks end :D In my county cases have now risen to 14 after the mobile testing 2 weeks ago. I have noticed additional drive thru testing made available more now in the more rural counties. We continue to get our groceries curbside pickup when we can. The Amish have opened up their farm stand down the road. I did venture down and pick up fresh cabbage and strawberries. I did wear a mask but was the only shopper there. Other than animal feed that just about takes care of our needs. Hubby had to go to the dr for a blood test for prescription renewal. Now you call and make an appointment then go and wait in the parking lot till they call your cell phone and then they allow you in to see the dr. One patient in and one patient out. Disinfect between every patient. Guess this is the new norm.

Latest posts

Back