What's new where you live?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoulda been doin' it like that for decades lady. Would have save thousands of lives and unnecessary infections probably...

Yeah you are right. Normally they are herding them through like cattle. You sit out in the waiting room and if you aren't already sick you are when you leave.

Do you know the word for HOSPITAL in German?? KRANKENHAUS...the word haus is the same in English: house. The word KRANK means sick. Translated,
The house of the sick. SICK-HOUSE....if you weren't sick before you go in, wait till you come out again... just lovin' it. GP

Spent 2 days filling in holes in the front yard with the help of my son working the wheelbarrow. Got the Milorganite and seed down and it even rained a slow drizzling rain all night. Hope it will be enough to get the seed sprouted quickly. Enjoying the rain myself as my poor old muscles could use a day or two of rain out. According to the Tn health dept website Tn had a 566 case increase in Covid 19 overnight. Not sure about this whole reopening thing. See where Smoky Mountain park reopened and Dollywood will be right behind. Have a funny feeling all the social distancing in the world is not going to prevent this fiasco. Let's bring in thousands of people from all over the nation in the middle of a pandemic. And say they are going to social distance. Hell people can't follow the arrows on the floor in the grocery store are you kidding me. Stay safe:D

Hell people can't follow the arrows on the floor in the grocery store are you kidding me. Stay safe:D
Seriously, why do they even put the arrows on the floor? I think I was the only person in the store even TRYING to follow the arrows. It would have been better to go the opposite direction of the arrows because that's what most people were doing. :rolleyes:

Arrows on the floor are stupid. Why would you go up the wrong aisle to circle around to go up the aisle that has your wanted product? I can accept the distance markers for waiting in line to pay. Over reaction is stupid for what ever reason. Spending more time in the store circling aisles does not benefit anybody. Get in, get your item and get out as fast as possible.

Seriously, why do they even put the arrows on the floor? I think I was the only person in the store even TRYING to follow the arrows. It would have been better to go the opposite direction of the arrows because that's what most people were doing. :rolleyes:

Doc so glad to know I am not the only human being on the planet trying to follow the arrows. My husband gives me so much crap about it. Says I am the only person he has ever met that can pull into an empty parking lot in the middle of the night and be the only car there and still insist on going up and down empty lanes THE RIGHT WAY! 45 years of driving and I have never so much as had a speeding ticket. Favorite quote C.S. Lewis "Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching." End of rant

Just want to the store and accidentally forgot my mask. Then the lady told me I can’t enter until I have one on. At that moment I wanted to punch her and club everyone that tried to stop me. But, as a dutiful citizen, I went back to my car and left... and went to another store with a mask on my face. Fracking over this shiiiiiiiiiiit!

The stores have all reopened and I understand that the restaurants will be opening next week. There is no mandated mask requirement anywhere but still encouraged. Hand sanitizers available at all stores and mandatory to use in hospitals. McDonalds drive through still closed. Bummer

Hopefully late frosts have passed as we warm up this week. Up to 80 by the weeks end :D In my county cases have now risen to 14 after the mobile testing 2 weeks ago. I have noticed additional drive thru testing made available more now in the more rural counties. We continue to get our groceries curbside pickup when we can. The Amish have opened up their farm stand down the road. I did venture down and pick up fresh cabbage and strawberries. I did wear a mask but was the only shopper there. Other than animal feed that just about takes care of our needs. Hubby had to go to the dr for a blood test for prescription renewal. Now you call and make an appointment then go and wait in the parking lot till they call your cell phone and then they allow you in to see the dr. One patient in and one patient out. Disinfect between every patient. Guess this is the new norm.
They have this option at a lot of clinics now. Even in the waiting area you can't get right up next to another person anymore because they seating is all spaced out. There was one lady at the desk though who kept taking her mask off.
it's all crazy right now,,,,,the cheap Hamburger was $6 a pound today Chuck Roast was right at $12,,,,

I need a good sized freezer the only way I can afford BEEF is to buy a cow and have it processed,,,the same with PORK prices are on the rise
A lot of food prices are rising. Even if they are able to keep the processing plants open, they are going to have to raise pay in order to get people to work there. And of course they will need to pay for insurance for when they get sued. . .

Why is it okay for the large box stores to be open but not the mom and pop stores. They need the income more than walmart, etc.

Because the entire country is hooked on Walmart and if Walmart doesn't have it we are starving! Our experience is that we have more luck at the smaller local stores. It seems as though the masses are keeping the Walmarts and Krogers around here picked clean. Many of the small community grocers in my area actually have a butcher on site and buy from local farmers and seem to have a better selection but they are also not as cheap but better quality. Farmers markets and road side stands are beginning to open also. Local feed store bulletin board is covered with cards for people with eggs for sale as well as people selling cows and pigs for butcher. Local online sales network too. The food is there you just have to get a little creative and forget the bad habits of Walmart.

Last edited:
Because the entire county is hooked on Walmart and if Walmart doesn't have it we are starving! Our experience is that we have more luck at the smaller local stores. It seems as though the masses are keeping the Walmarts and Krogers around here picked clean. Many of the small community grocers in my area actually have a butcher on site and buy from local farmers and seem to have a better selection but they are also not as cheap but better quality. Farmers markets and road side stands are beginning to open also. Local feed store bulletin board is covered with cards for people with eggs for sale as well as people selling cows and pigs for butcher. Local online sales network too. The food is there you just have to get a little creative and forget the bad habits of Walmart.

We do small and local shopping if possible.

will do my best to support local farmers if possible,this virus crap actually proves to the gen.pop how important they are.

472515ebeaa75db4de.jpg
found this little patch at my favourite surplus store....and no I didn't buy it...

I am the only person he has ever met that can pull into an empty parking lot in the middle of the night and be the only car there and still insist on going up and down empty lanes THE RIGHT WAY!
I even use the turn signal in the middle of the night to leave the highway and take an exit, even if it is 2 am and have not seen another car for 1/2 an hour...are we still normal or do we have a terminal case of integrity DD???? ( I have had a few tickets tho) Live free, GP

I even use the turn signal in the middle of the night to leave the highway and take an exit, even if it is 2 am and have not seen another car for 1/2 an hour...are we still normal or do we have a terminal case of integrity DD???? ( I have had a few tickets tho) Live free, GP

A little integrity never hurt anyone GP :D

Sitting on the back deck drinking my second cup of the morning. Sheets on the clothes line drying in the breeze, bees buzzing, birds singing hard to believe there is a pandemic out there. 80 degrees for today and not a rain cloud in sight. Rained everyday for weeks but you let me plant grass seed and not a cloud. End up being a damn drought! Maybe I should wash the car just to tempt fate. Anyway I am going to plant me some garden. Some squash, red beans and some herbs. Got the flower seeds laid out too. 4 o'clocks, zinnia and marigolds. Stay safe people and watch them crowds they'll kill ya right now:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back