diet starting today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dessert :

Attachments

• June012024 014.jpg
    June012024 014.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
week 20 day 2

I was extra hungry yesterday and had a salami and cheese sandwich plus some cherries in the afternoon. Plus had some chocolates I brought back ( liquor filled ones, they don't sell them here)

today I am going to make something with Kale , not sure what yet but we have a ton growing

so weight myself, down 2 of the 3 lbs I gained in less than a week. But this is not the way I want to lose weight....
So if I do nothing and eat almost nothing I can lose 2 lbs a week. That's probably how fast the body at my age can process fat out of the body

I had a weird dream last night, I dreamed I made Turkish food LOL, how weird is that? Usually if I dream something and remember it's a nighmare

So today I am going to make Turkish food, salad, lamb kebabs and rice pilafs, if I feel up to it

I think I will start this back up when things get back to normal, if they ever do....
somehow the 10 lbs I need to lose don't seem important at the moment
read your other posts in thread..i post here because to address it and more...dont give up..on farm,diet and more..you are a tough chic from what i read from you...going to europe was a mistake for sure...at least for now it seems it...if dad dies soon then it wont seem that way...but anyhow...you been through worse...the foot deal...you deal with it all the time..proves ya a tough lady...dont give up...you,havasu and me been doing stuff in this thread...we keep each other hiking and walking and more...you give birth and raised children and take care of husband and farm..proves you can do it..like others here...soooo....forward we go..one step at a time...cough..cuss and spit...repeat..you can do it..i can too.....we all can...to the last breath.

i got a torn muscle in shoulder...WE can do it...it hurts like hell even sitting and in truck jarring it hurts....soooo...soldier on we will...it will quit hurting when we die..till then..march !

read your other posts in thread..i post here because to address it and more...dont give up..on farm,diet and more..you are a tough chic from what i read from you...going to europe was a mistake for sure...at least for now it seems it...if dad dies soon then it wont seem that way...but anyhow...you been through worse...the foot deal...you deal with it all the time..proves ya a tough lady...dont give up...you,havasu and me been doing stuff in this thread...we keep each other hiking and walking and more...you give birth and raised children and take care of husband and farm..proves you can do it..like others here...soooo....forward we go..one step at a time...cough..cuss and spit...repeat..you can do it..i can too.....we all can...to the last breath.

i got a torn muscle in shoulder...WE can do it...it hurts like hell even sitting and in truck jarring it hurts....soooo...soldier on we will...it will quit hurting when we die..till then..march !
you are right of course, I might not feel that way about the trip once we all get back to normal.....
I am already feeling a little better , husband is much better , son mostly ok now. Had 3 blueberry muffins today , made them from some of our blueberries so they don't totally go to waste
I guess I have not completely lost my sense of taste like some people do during covid
Don't think I ever felt so completely wiped out by a virus. I haven't even had the flu in forever

( btw, the accident was worse for me personally, but son and husband were fine and mostly everything got done plus I could still do things like cook no problem , had a cast on my leg and foot but could walk with a walker and stand )

Went to Primary Care Doctor last week.
It, seems I gained 8 pounds in a year.
Not bad considering I had Cancer last year.
Back to moderation and exercise.
Tonight's dinner:
4 ounces of air fried Alaska Pollack- plain except for black pepper.
2 ounces of vegetable fried rice.
1 cup of green beans with 1/2 pat of butter, salt and pepper, slivered garlic.
later 6 ounces of yogurt.
Coffee.
64 ounces of lemon water.
Still get tired easily.
Starting on new walking program, slow and steady.

well all i been getting in daily is my two short walks the last bit...i feel like a fat slug..so i went and done my river hike this morning. my shoulder has been hurt and i started to get a sling to hold it steady but was afraid having my arm pinned in to my torso if i fell i couldnt reach out to catch myself or use it to balance myself from falling either...its finally getting better...i did switch my walking stick back and forth..as arm bounced and i could feel it pinching nerves but holding the stick stabilized it....anyway..crybaby me...i got out and done some better distance this morning..gotten lazy..goal is to hit it every day this week..i been gaining back again ...dang it!

starting this up again....

so after being sick, I have leveled off at 11 pounds. I have lost track of what week it should be, so I will just start over.

So week 1 day 1

today I am going to make chicken low mein , no soup, too warm out

I got some pea pods at the farmers market since mine got eaten by something , they will go in there plus some carrots and green onions, plus some cabbage . Those are ok, but have a lot of holes from cabbage worms.

210, 209, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 210..... jeesh, maybe my body is just sayin' "no, no more!"

I'm still walking 3-5 miles in the day time. yesterday walked in 95 degree heat.
I think its fantastic staying with those numbers...steady as she goes...if you get lower so be it...if not , maintain that would be super fantastic.

Been doing way better last several days and losing a little daily again.

week 1 day 7

still the same weight, not surprised, can't lose weight eating all that bread and pie LOL, but at least I am keeping track again....
will try to do better next week

I really wanted to make stuffed grape leaves but don't have some of the ingredients ( need white cooking wine and lemons, there seems to be a shortage of lemons at the moment, went to walmart twice, no lemons, not a one! Went to Kroger and they didn't have any either?!!)

so today Thai chicken curry and rice
EDIT: I totally did not cook what I said I was going to....

Made ceasar salad with chicken, and dumpling soup , have lots of nice romaine lettuce in the garden so I wanted to use some of that

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back