diet starting today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
week 8 day 2

this is what happens if I don't eat at the correct times! Had an egg and cheese toast for breakfast at 9 ( I don't usually eat breakfast except when we go somewhere)
Went swimming in town , went shopping, got back late. Made stuffed zucchini with smashed potatoes. So far so good, but somehow I was still hungry or something. So I had a bowl of ice cream . And just now, really late I had a beer from Aldi, and toast with sardines on it, plus some water melon. So waaaayyyy too much food today oh well

running late but done river canyon trail again...83f and overcast....when i got back to truck and leaned into cab to put my pack on passenger seat....water ran off the underside of my ballcap bill....lol...i might have sweated a drop or three.

running late again...didnt give up...went and done river canyon trail...it was 87f and humid...motored on decent...pulling back out of there i had plenty of power in my legs left and beat feet all the way to truck...gaining on it again...bouncing back pretty fast cardio and strength.

seen 12 deer and over 200 geese.....!! honk honk

week 8 day 4

today I am going to make some oven pork chops with sauce, found a recipe I want to try. Plus potatoes and green beans
might make a dessert since it is supposed to rain

week 8 day 5

did something stupid , something husband would do ( and has) , I took meat out of the freezer and left 2 lamb shoulder roasts out overnight on accident. I cooked them, but fed them to the dogs after the taste was slightly off. Stupid stupid :(

Then my dessert failed also. Tried to make Eclaires but the pastry failed completely and I threw it in the trash

Today something that won't fail Phad Thai

Was able to hit trail early today...mashed it hard in 86f heat and bright boiling sun about 1/3 rd of trail.....had plenty in my tank so got home and mowed in the heat....belly felt a bit off today so i fasted...i felt weight going off all day...tonight i just ate...it tasted great i was so hungry...probably going into a food coma orgasm here in a bit and fall asleep !

cant wait till sunday morning to weigh..i have high hopes.

probably going to have to make things harder pretty soon...we shall see.

my official weigh in each week is sunday morning before breakfast.....yall recall me posting all this week saying i was pushing myself real hard...i did...really hard...friday my belly felt funny so i fasted most of day....say 14 hours and then ate....anyhow weighed this morning and down 9#.......yep...i knew i burnt some calories and i could tell it....ya gotta burn 3500 calories to lose a pound on average...well thats 31,500 calories burned plus what i ate burned off.....thats 4500 calories plus what i ate each day...so say 1500-2000 a day...i was burning 6000-6500 calories a day....i could feel my body burning calories off too.

well i am back in the game now...probably just slow grind now.

wont push quite as hard this week.

@sonya123 i wanted jalapeno chips one day real bad...i fought the urge off and i won....lol

@sonya123 i wanted jalapeno chips one day real bad...i fought the urge off and i won....lol
I want some chips really bad occasionally, but we are at least 40 minutes from the store, so the urge for chips looses against the dislike to drive there every time . So my only danger is going shopping once a week ( or less in winter) and I make sure I eat something before going there.

week 8 day 7

well, I am still hovering around 9 lbs
but at least i am not going the wrong direction

today sweet and sour pork, and egg drop soup
I hope I have enough carrots in the garden left to make this, they go in there along with peppers which I have

running really really late today...didnt give up...had company...sister showed up and wants to hike while visiting.....we done the river canyon trail.....it was real late so sun wasnt boiling down on us on parts of trail....i will change that tomorrow...i am out to sweat hard...lol

seen 35-40 deer...one big monster buck !

Last edited:
I burned 2240 calories last night by making brownies and falling asleep while they were baking. I didn’t hear the timer. I’m kidding, it was a joke.
Not a joke: our scale doesn’t work anymore. It had batteries that had leaked, ruined. Haven’t gotten new scales in months. If I weighed right now what I did when I was 17 there might be a problem.
I like how you guys check in here, kind of an accountability journal and motivational.

I burned 2240 calories last night by making brownies and falling asleep while they were baking. I didn’t hear the timer. I’m kidding, it was a joke.
Not a joke: our scale doesn’t work anymore. It had batteries that had leaked, ruined. Haven’t gotten new scales in months. If I weighed right now what I did when I was 17 there might be a problem.
I like how you guys check in here, kind of an accountability journal and motivational.
thanks!
Funny joke! I was starting to read "I burned 2400 calories' and thinking, wow, did she run a marathon.,until I read the rest LOL

I try to keep track of what I eat so I see what makes me lose and gain weight. My original plan does work, I just haven't been sticking to it a lot lately but its nice getting some encouragement from others too

Honestly, I don’t know how you do so much, the hard work around the property with the animals, baking for market, gardening or getting the critters to the butcher, then prepare some pretty good meals!!!
Me, I go to work, an hour for lunch, come home at quitting time and frequently take a nap, might eat an actual meal, might not. Done. Not exercising.
I think my lack of discipline on a sleep schedule is what is kicking me down the road.

really busy this week yall....it got cool here last night...53f...todays high was 81f...but i was able to hike in hottest part of afternoon early.....made my sister sweat today....lol.....she drew the line riding home with windows up trying to get more sweating done....roflmao....i told her she was a passenger princess wanting a/c....but i enjoyed the a/c too....lol

Honestly, I don’t know how you do so much, the hard work around the property with the animals, baking for market, gardening or getting the critters to the butcher, then prepare some pretty good meals!!!
Me, I go to work, an hour for lunch, come home at quitting time and frequently take a nap, might eat an actual meal, might not. Done. Not exercising.
I think my lack of discipline on a sleep schedule is what is kicking me down the road.
I have always been the type of person that had a hard time sitting. To be honest I hated school, despite having a engineering degree and being relatively intelligent and even good at math LOL
The worst thing for me is sitting 9 hours on a plane, can't imagine anything worse other than being in the hospital. This is why I gained the weight after my accident in 2019 . I was mostly sitting and feeling depressed, and drinking a lot and eating junk. I had never done that sort of thing before. When I got upset in the past, I would go run 5 miles. Can't do that now, but I can still work on the farm. I guess I am a weird person. Most people want to avoid physical labor or exercising

But I also love food and cooking, plus baking of course. This is my idea lifestyle ( but we make no money, that's a problem. You make money sitting and thinking LOL)

hiked again late this afternoon right before dark...wasnt rushed and had plenty of time..it was only 79f but was humid..it was nice though.

seen 10 deer and 3 were bucks.

hiked right before dark.....not sure of temperature but was humid...i was busy talking with sister trying to cram in last minute conversations before she leaves...she is something else...like a tornado...blows in and blows right out again and tears up everything in her path...she is a go getter harder worker i tell ya.

hiked right before dark.....not sure of temperature but was humid...i was busy talking with sister trying to cram in last minute conversations before she leaves...she is something else...like a tornado...blows in and blows right out again and tears up everything in her path...she is a go getter harder worker i tell ya.
Glad you've been having fun with her

Hiked it was 83f and humid...back to being alone...i hammered down getting back to truck to sweat harder...felt good and strong all the way back to truck..no troubles.

week 9 day 5

leftover beans and cornbread, plus a piece of foccacia I baked , had a little too much dough. Not great :( I think I didn't put enough salt in the dough. I ended up putting some sea salt on top of the ones I am going to sell, hope I don't get any complaints. But I really don't want to start over and they are fine otherwise.

Well it was so hot and humid today...then it busted open and rained.....i couldnt help myself.....i hiked in the rain....i was sweating real hard too...i could taste all the salt pouring out of me today......pretty tired.....ready for sabbath/day of rest to start now for sure.

week 9 day 6 and 7
not going to weight myself today, since I majorly cheated yesterday. Baked chocolate chip cookies yesterday and we ate them all, plus had a glass of wine late.

Today pork roast burritos with rice and beans. I will save some of the pork for pork fried rice tomorrow , 2 meals in one

Weighed this morning..missed 2# mark by couple of ounces...dang it...so i call it a 1# loss for the week...i knew it was going to be about even or gain...or thought it might be a gain..i ate pizza and lots of tomatoes sandwich's with sister since garden is putting out maters and she was here...any loss is a win....slow grind to get them off now.

hiked this afternoon after mowing grass...i pushed it as hard as i could from farthermost point all the way back to truck...i could feel it in my bad leg thigh last bit...i kept pushing....i made it...before i went mowing i got off mower and often feel a bit stiff but i just walked away from mower no problem...when i got out of truck it was same...gaining on function again...getting limbered back up and stretched out.

Back