diet starting today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
week 10 day 2

see what happens I don't keep track! I gained a pound back, must have been those cookies
I just can't seem to stick to my diet lately
now there are apple pies to eat....hmmmm

yesterday I made pork fried rice and egg drop soup

today zuccini casserole
I would really like another watermelon for eating in the evening, but I think they are about done for the year, will look at the store today

big change in the weather for sure...winds out of west-northwest and it feels cool...walked early it was only 73f with a stiff breeze.

i did sweat but wasnt much..it was a delight in fact. may have to toss on a heavier shirt..i wear two already..one of them long sleeve sun shirts and then a short sleeve t-shirt over it...i have a key brand heavy long sleeve t i might toss on just to sweat a bit more...glutton it seems.

hiked this afternoon...almost 2 hours...it felt so good...

seen lots of deer and several small fawns...seen a piebald doe too. she was about 30% white.

today was one of them days its just really really great to be alive...weather and sky was clear and very low humidity...just great i tell ya !

week 10 day 4

back to 9 lbs , I seem to be hovering around the 10 lb mark.

Today spicy goat stew with pasta
I think I will start writing the recipes down for my cookbook

1 lb goat stew meat ( or lamb or beef)
1 chopped onion
3 garlic cloves
3 chopped carrots
1 sliced leek
1 each chopped red and green pepper
hot peppers as many as you like
about 4 large diced tomatoes or a can
salt, pepper, 3 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp cayenne ( or less if you don't like spicy) , 3 tbsp soy sauce
1 lb elbow macaroni

fry the meat in cooking oil , I use peanut oil , add onion, fry a few minutes, add vegetables fry some more, add a little water and seasoning and turn down heat on very low, put a lid on pan and stew for about half hour or until meat is soft.
Slightly undercook the pasta and add to the stew after it is cooked and cook it with the stew a few more minutes until it absorbs the liquid)

well alrighty then...made a big mistake this afternoon...i was stretching my bad leg to bend as i lost some of how far it bends shut in last few months....then i got all brave and tried something different to bend the foot up farther..i felt it pull up through my knee and into where my leg connects to my spine and triggered a leg tremor and huge muscle spasm in my foot causing toes to go straight up....well now i am gimping around pretty bad...no way i could hike now...maybe hobble a short distance....like my friend App says..i swear !

this to shall pass....maybe a day off will help...leg etc. is wanting to twitch some just sitting...dang it.

cry baby elk !

Muscle spasms SUCK. That sounds like a bad one. Get feelin better quickly
these are not true muscle spasms...well theres some muscle stuff for sure..but its nerve issues...something moved to far one direction or another and now nerve gets touched and my leg/foot etc twitches..its because of the damage done and worn internal parts...i need to get it shifted back to where this wont happen..it take time..but you can bet i wont be doing that stretching move again any time soon....i pushed to far this time it seems.

these are not true muscle spasms...well theres some muscle stuff for sure..but its nerve issues...something moved to far one direction or another and now nerve gets touched and my leg/foot etc twitches..its because of the damage done and worn internal parts...i need to get it shifted back to where this wont happen..it take time..but you can bet i wont be doing that stretching move again any time soon....i pushed to far this time it seems.
have you tried doing yoga? Also, I have heard from people that taking magnesium supplements will prevent cramping

week 10 day 6 and 7

son made pizza yesterday while we were at the market. It was nice to sit down and eat when we got home but it sat in my stomach like a rock when we picked up hay bales right after

today Korean rice bowl with ground goat
recipe:
cook medium or short grain rice
( sushi type rice)
fry goat meat with a some garlic , salt and pepper, add sauce: Gochujung ( Korean pepper paste from Asian store) , about 2 tbsp, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, 2 ttbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sugar or more if you like more
make cucumber and carrot salad to go on top: shredded carrot , finely cut up cuke. Boil about 1\4 cup vinegar with a tbsp sugar and put it on top of the carrot and cucumber mix hot
I also add some microgreens from the market but you can add cut up avocado or pickled onions or whatever you like
today I am adding some stir fried mustard greens

Plays heck with Staying on a Diet...!!!

Back up and rolling again...will test it tomorrow...report back then...thank you all !
Didnt get to test it till tonight...i wasnt going as i ran out of time...my brain said go you blankety blank blank....so i hustled right at dark and done 2 miles..it only pinched one time at farthest point away from truck and it was fine...i do feel it now though and can feel it for whatever reason in lower leg..its that raw nerve pinch rolling around but its only lightly doing it...i will see what tomorrow brings....dont want to push it to hard...do 2 miles again hopefully.

at least not hobbling around house ...company might be here this weekend wanting to hike and more again.

Skipped yesterday to see if i could heal up a bit more...done stretching a bunch throughout the day....well its hot here...it was 90f in afternoon...so i mowed and then my brain said go do it...so i hiked 2 miles at dark in this 90f heat...it was same temp when i left truck as when i got back to it ..leg didnt pinch didnt feel tight or nothing..felt good... we shall see how it goes during the night and in the morning.

Skipped yesterday to see if i could heal up a bit more...done stretching a bunch throughout the day....well its hot here...it was 90f in afternoon...so i mowed and then my brain said go do it...so i hiked 2 miles at dark in this 90f heat...it was same temp when i left truck as when i got back to it ..leg didnt pinch didnt feel tight or nothing..felt good... we shall see how it goes during the night and in the morning.
Watching for updates!

week 11 day 4

today I am going to attempt making taco salad. Son and husband requested Mexican, so it can no longer be avoided
I don't really have a good recipe for it, but this is what I will do: fry some ground goat , add a package of taco seasoning, put on lettuce and tortilla chips, add some cheese and sour cream, plus tomatoes and jalopenos
Hope it will work

I will make Austrian dumpling soup just in case the salad is terrible

week 11 day 4

today I am going to attempt making taco salad. Son and husband requested Mexican, so it can no longer be avoided
I don't really have a good recipe for it, but this is what I will do: fry some ground goat , add a package of taco seasoning, put on lettuce and tortilla chips, add some cheese and sour cream, plus tomatoes and jalopenos
Hope it will work

I have never tried it with goat, and I hate sour cream :p. Otherwise, your Taco salad recipe is spot on.

Now I will have to thaw some meat and make some for the weekend :)

week 11 day 4

Hope it will work

I do a basic salad of lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onion, add seasoned meat and grate some cheese over it. Also a little ranch dressing. The fun part about taco salad is anything goes!!

Watching for updates!
No spasms last night and not feeling that weird nervy feeling...back at it again i think...i may let it heal again today and not hike..tonight is tv night and season finale of this years alone survival tv show...3 hours...i may eat jerky through entire show.....lol...skip supper dont ya know....lol

I have never tried it with goat, and I hate sour cream :p. Otherwise, your Taco salad recipe is spot on.

Now I will have to thaw some meat and make some for the weekend :)
goat to me tastes better than ground beef, it's actually sort of in between lean beef and lamb in taste
(lol and I Love sour cream)

BUT I ended up not making taco salad anyway, did not find any ripe tomatoes. I have a few semi ripe ones sitting in the kitchen waiting to be totally ripe but not yet

SO I ended up making shepherds pie! It was good

week 11 day 5

since we had ground goat yesterday in the shepherd pie, I am making chicken today. Going to make Fillipino food with chicken
Rice noodles, marinated fried chicken cut up into small pieces, fried eggs, carrots, celery, cabbage, onions, ginger , garlic, green onions, soy sauce, fish sauce, hot sauce
that's basically it

Watching for updates!
didnt walk yesterday...but had no troubles and never felt the nervy stuff either...lower leg seems its back working and no feel that weird stretchy nervy not functioning whatever ya call it stuff....seems i am rolling along again...we shall see.

bet your last dollar i dont do that one stretch again....lol

well i made time at dark to do 2 miles..it was 77f and humid...leg stuff felt fine...more next week.

far cry from what it was last week this time for sure...i am so glad !

well a big storm was rolling in and i got me a wildhair to go hike at end of day...so i left truck with winds picking up and big ugly black sky's rolling in..so i caught second gear and hit the ground stepping long strides and as fast as i could...i had myself huffing and puffing in no time flat...i thought yep you going to get a true cardio workout today if leg holds out...i did it to the end and turned and burned all the way to truck..slightly felt it in my thigh bt was normal thing i feel.....i got rained on a bit last 150 yards to truck as it rolled all the way in and lightening flashing all around....lol...yea i musta wanted to get out bad huh...lol...felt good and everything seemed fine with injury so now i will be pushing myself a bit harder again like i was.

week 12 day 2

I missed some days and bad news, I cannot eat all I want....LOL, gained 4 pounds since last time I weight myself, so I am back to having to lose 13 lbs I think I was at 9 last time

things we ate on the trip: all you can Japanese Sushi place , went there before and it is good and a decent price for what you get ( $17 a person for all the sushi you want plus regular menu items like dumplings, spring rolls, teriyaki chicken skewers, miso and so on)
I liked the deep fried volcano roll the most. Not sure what was in it but it was good. Daughter made breaded pork chops , red cabbage and potatoes. We all ate 3 full meals plus dessert the 3 days
then I baked an apple pie thing with some puff pastry daughter had, she bake a challah bread with onions , and then ordered dessert from this mango place, we had mango mochi , mango ice cream and whip cream on top.
Yesterday we stopped at Mcd's on the way home because there was not much else and was shocked at how much it cost. $20 for 2 burgers and fries, no drinks ( had water in the car)
Need to definitely cut out all that bread and dessert stuff and not eat all you can eat deep fried sushi and dumplings....

Today I am going to make stuffed cabbage rolls . Our cabbages look great and have nice outer leaves to do it with
Plus some sort of soup and NO dessert

Back