diet starting today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hiked and seen lots of deer...all is fine...temp was 73f with a breeze and mixed cool air with humid air...its going to be cool again tonight..

week 12 day 4

ended up making pasta yesterday after a 4 hour round trip to get hay, with canned pasta meat sauce ( made it last year) and cheese on top. It was good

today I am making Thai chicken curry with rice , and probably no soup since I have no time

running very late...brain tried to say dont hike...my will power said go do it...done 2 miles at dark....its humid here now....seen a few deer...not as many as last night though.

week 12 day 5

no idea, probably everyone make a sandwich or something, too busy to cook and didn't make anything yesterday

edit lol don't know how I got day 13 but I fixed it, made chicken , sweet potatoes and broccoli on Friday

Last edited:
week 12 day 7

uh oh...it's weight day and I don't want to

today I was going to make eggplant parmesan, but we had nothing with meat for a few days so I might make Greek mousaka with eggplant and lamb

plus Greek lemon soup

well I am back down to having to lose 11 lbs...

Week 13 day 1

did not make Greek food yesterday, made lamb burgers , green beans, potatoes and soup yesterday. We finally have some green beans, but not very many. Will make the eggplant parmesan today

Feeling real good now. Everything is working much better now in old injury dept and feeling smooth in my mechanical motion now even more past several days !

Well i got tell yall something... @sonya123 you was on my mind for about 3 hours this afternoon and all i could hear was you screaming in my mind eye....BE CAREFUL you clumsy baboon over and over...yep...i put the blade on my scythe this afternoon and went to that mess of a garden....oh dear lord that blade they sharpened for me is so sharp..its one of the sharpest tools i ever did see...its deadly sharp...you have a woopsy with it of any proportion you are going to the hospital for serious repair.

good news is my back held up to holding and swing it...i cut with it awhile then chew it up with push string trimmer. I got pretty tired doing that..

didnt give up done enough so i then went hiked 2 miles right at dark..i am pooped now for sure....i seen 2 does and 1 buck by itself and then almost back to truck i seen 4 bucks together...2 spikes and 2- 6 pointers....fantastic wildlife viewing.

Last edited:
Well i got tell yall something... @sonya123 you was on my mind for about 3 hours this afternoon and all i could hear was you screaming in my mind eye....BE CAREFUL you clumsy baboon over and over...yep...i put the blade on my scythe this afternoon and went to that mess of a garden....oh dear lord that blade they sharpened for me is so sharp..its one of the sharpest tools i ever did see...its deadly sharp...you have a woopsy with it of any proportion you are going to the hospital for serious repair.

good news is m back held up to holding and swing it...i cut with it awhile then chew it up with push string trimmer. I got pretty tired doing that..

didnt give up done enough so i then went hiked 2 miles right at dark..i am pooped now for sure....i seen 2 does and 1 buck by itself and then almost back to truck i seen 4 bucks together...2 spikes and 2 6 pointers....fantastic wildlife viewing.
Oh man, don't even remind me!! It took me a few years to pick that thing up again, and I NEVER NEVER EVER forget to put it up in a very safe location nobody will step on after use .

Oh man, don't even remind me!! It took me a few years to pick that thing up again, and I NEVER NEVER EVER forget to put it up in a very safe location nobody will step on after use .
i dang near cut myself trying to see how sharp it was..its straight razor sharp...i waited over 4 years to be able to get this shipped out of europe/austria...it is super high quality...i have never seen a scythe this sharp before.

your accident is on my mind when i think of this thing i tell ya.

i dang near cut myself trying to see how sharp it was..its straight razor sharp...i waited over 4 years to be able to get this shipped out of europe/austria...it is super high quality...i have never seen a scythe this sharp before.

mine is from there also, it was easier to get when we moved here, LOOONG before covid
and yes, they are super sharp but best thing to cut stuff like ragweed or goldenrod in a steep pasture

Did you buy one, or send yours to get sharpened?. I've got 2 good ones, but both are bad dull. I've had zero luck trying to sharpen one. The other i haven't even bothered with

Did you buy one, or send yours to get sharpened?. I've got 2 good ones, but both are bad dull. I've had zero luck trying to sharpen one. The other i haven't even bothered with
i bought a ditch blade from the scythe store in maine and had them sharpen...its WOW sharp i tell ya.

week 13 day 2

going to make something with one of the packages of ground beef I got at the meat processor yesterday. Probably Korean rice bowl. I froze some carrots by accident last week when the power went off ( husband plugged the wrong thing in, so fridge became freezer for a little while, don't ask) and debating if they are still ok enough to make something out of them like salad

week 13 day 3

today pinto beans, corn bread,, corn and some fried pork belly

yesterday's meal was great, the ground beef is SO much better than anything from the store. If you have any butcher/meat procssor in your area you should see if you can buy meat there if you don't already. I think you end up not paying any more since the meat from the store has so much water in it you end up with much less than what you buy anyway

hiked this morning....had a great one too....lots of wildlife out on this cool and foggy morning.

i seen 8 deer this morning 4bucks/4 does,seen a red fox hunting along edge of a meadow/trail intersection ,had about 25 geese come by flying up the river,1 deer i couldnt see was blowing at me she was eating acorns that are starting to fall i am sure in edge of woods,seen where deer are picking up first of white oaks in trail too. oh yesterday down by river in the little meadow i seen a big mashed down spot...about triple what a deer mashes down so i am sure it was where a bear bedded down there.

Last edited:
take good care of yourself !!
When it was higher a few weeks ago, I spent several days in the hospital.
I think the last time it got this high an idiot man was involved too.
Several years ago.
My Primary Care Doctor is beginning to think this will close to my new normal.
Hence why they figure out new medicines and dosages, I am careful what I eat and drink.
Minus the Tequila, limes and worms of course.

Last edited:
Back