Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not? I'll avoid this in the future. Although I usually steer clear of hot peppers in general these days!
The hot water combined with the hot pepper seed juice to create an aerosol like pepper spray. Now o just wash the peppers first and then wear double gloves and try to hold my breath.

Don't buy plastic rice . Here on this link it shows how fake rice is made from plastic .

The first part of the video shows the first step in recycling plastic, which is to make small plastic beads which are easy to handle, weigh out, package, ship, and feed into molds. The plastic beads are then shipped to manufacturers to use in molds.

I have no idea where the rice came from in the second video. I have some rice I think is spongy enough when cooked to make into a bouncing ball. It is long grain rice grown in Texas and I am not fond of the texture.

Interesting article on the great Sriracha shortage. Seems to be manufactured by the maker Huy Fong Foods. Cut their nose off to spite their face.
https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/202...itors-in-the-great-sriracha-shortage-n2162799I never heard of Sriracha before moving west. I was more of a Franks Red Hot Guy. The green Sriracha from Idaho wasn’t bad.
Those sauces are OK, I guess in a pinch. But they don't come close to being as good as my world famous smoked habanaro sauce. I also make a Tabasco style of hot sauce only I use ghost peppers instead of tabasco peppers.

To be fair , here is a video on the United States food crisis . This gives actual crop failure statistics in the U.S. . Note this video was put out about two months ago and the crisis presented has come to fulfilment as warned on the video . Not only that but the grain situation has even taken a further downward turn as grain shipments through the black sea has now seized .

Major grocery store managers in the United States have been warned " expect receiving food to put on the shelves to further diminish over the coming months . ---- " Now individuals will have to compete with the deep financial ability of the government of " Norway " as it enters the bidding for any available grains . Norway has realized the SHTF potential we are in and has decided to start stockpiling a stash of grain . You can be assured this isn't no small amount of grain they are bidding for . Individual preppers now have to compete with a government , but hopefully you guys are ahead of the race and already have your preps in place . --- Verification can be found on " The Poplar Report " .

United States Department of Agriculture has now issued a " warning " . Food price inflation is going to into a higher gear , with no end foreseeable . For those that can face such matters the source is " The Poplar Report " . --- Looking at the post realize it may make the situation seem more dire than it is . Prices are going to increase at a faster pace but not at an " astronomical " pace " yet " . Anyway our members are prepared and can simply sit back and watch SHTF . --- Be vigilant and guard your stuff.

Last edited:
--- Bad news for the public in general , but for the un-prepared this report may not be suitable . Preppers may be facing hard times ahead but , for the ostrich people it looks extremely bleak . Many on this forum have done our best to get people to prepare for what we saw in our crystal balls . Those times have arrived , with no doubt a worsening situation for our children and grandchildren . Anger , denial and excuses will not change a thing . Prepping is the only rational solution .

Just found out an old friend has been prepping and neither of us knew the other was a prepper.

She mentioned that they couldn't store something we were discussing in their basement because it was full of stuff and then eventually confided it was full of food. I told her I thought it was a good idea and there was a reason we had so many chickens/goats/rabbits. Another neighbor had me check on his property a couple weeks ago and I saw some of his stockpile. I just pretended I didn't see a thing. I think they're are a lot of us.

Just found out an old friend has been prepping and neither of us knew the other was a prepper.

She mentioned that they couldn't store something we were discussing in their basement because it was full of stuff and then eventually confided it was full of food. I told her I thought it was a good idea and there was a reason we had so many chickens/goats/rabbits. Another neighbor had me check on his property a couple weeks ago and I saw some of his stockpile. I just pretended I didn't see a thing. I think they're are a lot of us.
Sounds like you have positioned yourself in a good area . Unfortunately most people ended up where they are by accident or by chasing " a few dollars more " and are surrounded by ether " seasoned or future looters " . As the desperation increases we can expect to see desperate things .

There are more than we know. I know my elderly neighbors are (they have lived here 50 yrs), I have seen their handicap scooters and cart at Costco. Help them bring the haul in.
What you need to know is who are the hunters are because because they have the firepower. When they trust you enough, they let it slip. Example: handicapped person may or may not have an item recently banned by ATF. Those items were meant for him.
I know who I can trust after storms this winter. 3 out of 12. I am the gatekeeper for the neighborhood. If they dont want to follow my protocol. F’m i will protect me and mine. I know i have an Iraq combat veterans support. His wife is too. And I wouldn’t mess with her.

There are more than we know. I know my elderly neighbors are (they have lived here 50 yrs), I have seen their handicap scooters and cart at Costco. Help them bring the haul in.
What you need to know is who are the hunters are because because they have the firepower. When they trust you enough, they let it slip. Example: handicapped person may or may not have an item recently banned by ATF. Those items were meant for him.
I know who I can trust after storms this winter. 3 out of 12. I am the gatekeeper for the neighborhood. If they dont want to follow my protocol. F’m i will protect me and mine. I know i have an Iraq combat veterans support. His wife is too. And I wouldn’t mess with her.
Around these parts, everyone is a hunter.
Except me. I just go with my husband to whine.

(That might be an exaggeration, but let's just say he prefers when I stay home!)

Around these parts, everyone is a hunter.
Except me. I just go with my husband to whine.

(That might be an exaggeration, but let's just say he prefers when I stay home!)
But your providing a tag to fill for the family. Nothing wrong with that.
I know one sister of the family I hunted with, said it’s his first buck put my tag on it. I hated her at the time, but have respected her ever since 30 Yrs later.

Duram wheat crop failure . This is the type wheat used to make pasta . Expect a " World Wide " shortage . The estimated amount that will be available hasn't been seen for " Twenty Two Years " , Remember the world's human population is now , much higher than it was 22 years ago . ---- Source " The Poplar Report " .

The devil's in the details. Yes there is an anticipated shortage of North American duram wheat. But it is expected to be replaced by hard wheat. This is the outlook as of 28 August:
https://saskwheat.ca/wheat-market-outlook-and-prices/#outlook
  • On the demand side, the U.S. durum disappearance (including exports) should be around 3 million mt, with Canada at 4.5-5.5 million mt. This means North American supplies (incl. export requirements) will be tight. We expect that exports will likely have to be rationed at some point.
  • Saskatchewan durum bids have appreciated, reflecting both the reduced supply outlook and the need for quality durum to blend with a difficult European crop. $15/bu is being bid in Saskatchewan for No. 2 o/b quality.
  • Mercantile cautions that durum is already reflecting a high premium over spring wheat values. If these premiums get too high, some users will switch to hard wheat.
  • Nevertheless, they suggest holding for now to see how yields and quality average out.

These high food prices and shortages should be here just in time for the election. Will sheople realize much of the problem is because of the left's radical green energy agenda, or will they vote for the left's welfare promising food for the poor (at the expense of the working)?

Interesting times we are in . Considering meat prices , I will likely be gathering wild game more than usual starting as soon as the weather cools down some more so as to kill the parasites , that sometimes can be found in squirrels , rabbits and such . Folks that didn't prepare are increasingly feeling the noose tighten . Those that shot up their ammunition plinking at paper targets cans and bottles may be wishing they had conserved their ammunition for the day they really needed it .

Interesting times we are in . Considering meat prices , I will likely be gathering wild game more than usual starting as soon as the weather cools down some more so as to kill the parasites , that sometimes can be found in squirrels , rabbits and such . Folks that didn't prepare are increasingly feeling the noose tighten . Those that shot up their ammunition plinking at paper targets cans and bottles may be wishing they had conserved their ammunition for the day they really needed it .
Dove season started here last week. Don't wait too long past opening day because game can get scarce.

Latest posts

Back