• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just looking at this thread for the first time in probably a week. I had no idea that I was nominated before now. I will not do this again. Everyone needs to take a turn. I just wrote some questions off the top of my head. If I get nominated again, this thread will die because there are thousands of other people who can have a turn. I asked people when I had my first turn, and several of you turned me down. This totally takes the fun out of this for me.

1. Where were you born?
2. How many siblings do you have? Where are you in the sibling pack, oldest, youngest, middle child?
3. What is the highest education you have achieved?
4. Were you ever in the military? What branch did you serve in? Highest rank?
5. What was your first car?

I guess you have to pick who is next??

AND, I'm not in the mode and mood now to be asking for someone to have a turn next week. I NEED A VOLUNTEER! Step up!

The good old United States of America. Also in a hospital. In a place called Joliet, Illinois that I do not recall and have never been to as an adult.

None that I know of, but probably. Pops never had a vasectomy and was a pretty heavy ladies man before, during and after my youth.

High school diploma by the skin of my teeth.

US Army. 11B reclassed to 35M Humint Collector. SSG. Recruited to I believe the girl scouts. I have flashbacks of working at a Dairy Queen in Kuwait making peanut buster parfaits for officers out of Camp Arifjan. Then I sold knife sets door to door in Jamaica. It's really all a blur. I might have just been eating thin mints and playing call of duty.

1985 Buck Grand National.

1. I was born in Michigan

2. I have one sibling, an older sister. She’s great, by the way. The torch for being the family matriarch wasn’t passed to her, she just stepped up when it became necessary and is a natural.

3. I graduated from high school with some extra credit classes that were work related.
Other than that I a few degrees in ‘street smarts’.
I started classes for electronics engineering after HS but got sidetracked with my street smarts bachelors degree. Lol

4. I was never in the military. I have problems with being told what to do when I have no choice about the reasons for those actions and their outcome.

5. 1971 Camaro. A Michigan rust bucket (bought for $350 of mine own hard earned money when I was 15) that I refined auto body & paint training on. Mechanical skills too. It got plenty of upgrades and modifications.

Last edited:
I'm just looking at this thread for the first time in probably a week. I had no idea that I was nominated before now. I will not do this again. Everyone needs to take a turn. I just wrote some questions off the top of my head. If I get nominated again, this thread will die because there are thousands of other people who can have a turn. I asked people when I had my first turn, and several of you turned me down. This totally takes the fun out of this for me.

1. Where were you born?
2. How many siblings do you have? Where are you in the sibling pack, oldest, youngest, middle child?
1. Invermere BC CANADA
2 7 , 5th child
3 A whole bunch of trades as journeyman , electronics hardware, a bunch of fancy math that I forgot
4.No.
5. 1962 GMC shortbox, I still have it

AND, I'm not in the mode and mood now to be asking for someone to have a turn next week. I NEED A VOLUNTEER! Step up!
You did good with the questions, once again.

I liked your idea of choosing a person but asking first. This time by throwing hands up and asking for a volunteer was cool too.

:cool:

You did good with the questions, once again.

I liked your idea of choosing a person but asking first. This time by throwing hands up and asking for a volunteer was cool too.

:cool:
Thank you. I was really surprised when I came into this thread today and saw that it was supposed to be me! I have had some ideas of what would be good questions to ask to get to know people here better, but being surprised like I was today, kind of threw me for a loop, in case you didn't notice. I went through a range of emotions, including being angry.

I do agree that asking and confirming with someone to have a turn is a good idea. No surprises that way!

Last edited:
1. Born in San Jose, California
2. Youngest of 6 half sisters...three mom had, three dad had. Then I was born.
3. High School proficiency at 16, then junior college classes
4. Nope
5. 1960 Plymouth Belvedere (army green) fit all my friends in it. It was older than me.

Wait. You weren't in the 3rd Battalion 4th Infantry Regiment of the Amish militia?

Thanks for stepping up, Weedy. You did a great job on a moments notice.

1.) Brooklyn, NY

2.) I have one sister and one brother. I am the oldest.

3.) I have a Bachelors degree, and have done graduate work in Business and Materials Management.

4.) I was never in the military.

5.) 1964 Pontiac Tempest

Thank you. I was really surprised when I came into this thread today and saw that it was supposed to be me! I have had some ideas of what would be good questions to ask to get to know people here better, but being surprised like I was today, kind of through me for a loop, in case you didn't notice. I went through a range of emotions, including being angry.

I do agree that asking and confirming with someone to have a turn is a good idea. No surprises that way!
I can imagine that in HS you were the top ‘cheer leader girl’ …. and it was fun for you but got old.

Just imagining…. I’m in a way different boat. I wasn’t the popular HS sports playing jock or the class clown. But it was cool when last year at my 40 year class reunion - the ‘girls’ liked me.
:D

Guess I’m just saying: Don’t sweat it if you’re still popular today.

1. Where were you born?
Rochester, New York
Two older brothers - I'm the youngest.
College
Nope
Datsun 510 Rustbucket. Loved that car for no good reason.

1. Where were you born?
1.) Chicago, Illinois.
2.) I have a sister 5 years older than me and a brother 3 years older than me.
3.) two Associates degrees.
5.) 1969 VW bug. Manual transmission.

Yes. Come on, homesteaders! Step up. It’s all in fun (except for MO’s questions which I just answered randomly since I was unaware there were “real” answrs”)
The good old United States of America. Also in a hospital. In a place called Joliet, Illinois that I do not recall and have never been to as an
I gre up around Chicago, Illinois but never in the city proper. I know where Joliet is.
Yay, winds-of-change for next Friday!! 😃👍

You have a whole week to come up with some good questions!! Glad you stepped up!!😉
I’ll do next week. My questions will be subjective with no right or wrong answers. I hope others step up. This is fun and learning about each other.

1.) Chicago, Illinois.
2.) I have a sister 5 years older than me and a brother 3 years older than me.
3.) two Associates degrees.
5.) 1969 VW bug. Manual transmission.
My dad drove one of those VW bugs, a few in fact. Brings back good memories. His were a perk of the job, factory demos. He even drove home a Jaguar XJ-12…. test driving it. We went out for ice cream!

My dad drove one of those VW bugs, a few in fact. Brings back good memories. His were a perk of the job, factory demos. He even drove home a Jaguar XJ-12…. test driving it. We went out for ice cream!
After the 1969 bug, I had a Volkswagen squareback. I loved that car, too. A mini station wagon. Also manual. Manual cars are hard to find now.

1. Where were you born?
1)in a bed
2)8, two did not make it to adulthood & that makes me number two from the top.
3)some tech school after high school
4) SCNG/e4 worked with a sargent who had been e5 for nine years, because there were no open slots, so not a chance I would move up anytime soon.
5)A Super Sport, then a pick up truck.

Datsun 510 Rustbucket. Loved that car for no good reason.
I had a 510 wagon, manual transmission. I loved that car. Did you know they were used for racing cars for a while?
I bought it and did a little city driving in it. One time I was driving from city to city, first time out on the highway, and the needle on the temperature gauge kept creeping into the warm zone. Not good when I was just starting out on a road trip. I finally decided to just go the speed limit and that needle fell back down into the cooler range. It wanted to go faster and I was more than happy to help it!
1. Thornton
Have you lived in the Denver area most of your life?

Latest posts

Back