Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1688140226911.png

Most home construction sites have lots of 5-gallon Spackle pails in the dumpster. If you worked construction, you should have a lifetime supply in the shed. You just will never get them apart as they have been stacked together for years now :)
thats easy, beat the sides with a rubber mallet in freezing weather, they pop right apart.

You just will never get them apart as they have been stacked together for years now

This idea just came to me. I haven't tried it to see if it actually works. Keep some thicker twist ties attached to each buckets handle. When you need to stack, remove a twist tie, bend it in half (like a hair pin), and tent it over the top rim of the lower bucket before stacking the next bucket in. If that doesn't work, maybe a longer piece of bailing wire that's thicker diameter than a twist tie, and also as long as the bucket is tall could be stored wrapped around the handle. Then this bailing wire could be bent into a tall "J" with the tail going all the way down the inside of the bottom bucket, creating an air channel between the lower and upper buckets.

Sounds like it might work. But I haven't tried it.

Most home construction sites have lots of 5-gallon Spackle pails in the dumpster. If you worked construction, you should have a lifetime supply in the shed. You just will never get them apart as they have been stacked together for years now :)
All you need to do is break the vacuum that is holding them together.
Compressed air, a screwdriver or a wood shim between the buckets will release them.

Like @Haertig said. Put a shim of something between the buckets as you stack them to prevent the vacuum from forming.
Cardboard a small stick or wire.

I got my food grade green 5 bucket for free.

Latest posts

Back