Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We didn’t actually grow these. We got to glean them from the field next to our house. We are grateful.
The wife will pick up onions on the side of the road where they fall out of the onion trucks on the way to the processing plants.
She has a good patch of onions this year in the garden too.

A friend and me with my 65 Impala in the background, I wish I still had that car.

Me and my 65.jpg

Hubby loves his old Impala!!
I had a '67 Impala I built from 2 wrecked cars when I was young.
One was wrecked in the front, the other in the back with no engine.
When I finished the front was blue and the back was gold.
A ton of work but hey, only $200 for both:thumbs:.
It was named 'ol blue&gold' and no pictures were ever taken because it was an "everyday" thing :(.

This was posted to show a firewood shed. I was fascinated by the firewood stored in these bags, which we get produce in. The person sells these sacks of firewood in a roadside stand. The buyers must be campers or people who do not heat their homes with firewood.

View attachment 115172
Yeah, they sell that at city-slicker campgrounds too. It's like one log, split into 4 to 6 wedges, for $10 or something ridiculous like that. The people that buy it know nothing about tinder or kindling and things like that, so they tend to douse it with gasoline to get it started. Best case, their campground spot smells like a gas station after a fuel spill. Worst case, they don't have a campground spot anymore. Or eyebrows.

Those bundles of firewood are a rip-off, I used to hit up construction sites for clean lumber scraps to burn whenever I went camping... I'd bag tree rounds cut by the City of Coronado as well, let' em dry out a bit in my yard and then burn 'em while camping. I like burning pine rounds, the resin smells so good! You wouldn't wanna gunk up a chimney flue with that resin, but it makes no difference in an outdoor fire ring. I rarely ever bought firewood over the decades, only when it was absolutely necessary. For the past 7 years, I've only bought firewood by the truckload. :cool:

Wouldn't that wood be treated with some kind of chemical mix?
No, they are just pine that has been dried.
No chemicals unless they are pressure treated and the stuff I bought is not treated.
What would worry me is orchard wood.
The trees are sprayed with different chemicals all their life.
I will not buy orchard wood.

No chemicals unless they are pressure treated and the stuff I bought is not treated.
That's good. I imagine all the wood I buy at Home Depot (where I get all my lumber, the little bit of it that I need) is probably pressure treated. I always assumed it was. Burning that would not only be unpleasant, it's probably toxic.

That's good. I imagine all the wood I buy at Home Depot (where I get all my lumber, the little bit of it that I need) is probably pressure treated. I always assumed it was. Burning that would not only be unpleasant, it's probably toxic.
If you are buying lumber like 2x4s it is not likely pressure treated.
You do not want to burn pressure treated wood.

Came across the below short video. I was absolutly amazed so did a quick google. These were some wood carvers with very, very small sharp tools and eyesight that is better than mine even when I was in my prime!!

https://gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/146/614/891/playable/e7acfe435dc4a2d0.mp4
Google search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=150...HdhLr4BQ&bih=433&biw=951&client=firefox-b-1-d
Zoom way, way in on this and check the details!!

https://steampunktendencies.com/rar...earchers-used-x-ray-to-solve-their-mysteries/
1693419613737.png

This is not a pretty sight. Cats like to go outdoors at night especially, at least mine did, when the predators are also active.

View attachment 115229
Cats are predators too, which may be why they like to go out at night. Unfortunately, there is always a bigger more capable predator that you need to worry about. Something that house-softened pets often forget.

Latest posts

Back