Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0559.JPG

Going to paint it white.

Alfa Romeo

The photo was taken in 1936. The Scuderia had raced in the Vanderbuilt Cup which was a Grand Prix held at Roosevelt Raceway, Westbury, Long Island, NY. Tazio Nuvolari won the event in the #8 Alfa Romeo 8C-36.

Photo, Ferrari Owners Club NL and Wayne Barrett

Alfa Romeo.jpeg

You find some real old stuff when you start to clean out your office:

View attachment 114750

View attachment 114751
Made a delivery out to one of the ranches today. I spotted what I believe to be an undercover cow.
Yes, this is real, not photoshopped.
That is awesome. Where does one get a zebra. I think that’s a cow in prison stripes.
Which one is you??
I was going to ask the same thing.

That is awesome. Where does one get a zebra. I think that’s a cow in prison stripes.

There is an exotic animal auction near Cullman al. I've been to it, a friend bought an alpaca for his kid. It's sort of like going to the zoo... except if you have a trailer and cash you can bring it home. They had all sorts of critters, zebras, camels, even water buffalo.

Last edited:
IMG_2980.jpeg

This particular ranch raises beef cattle for market, and they also have several different kinds of other livestock. I have no idea what these are, but size wise they are bigger than white tail deer but smaller than cows. ( I’m not an animal expert by any definition of the word)

Peggys cats.jpg

My sisters' pets. Casper (white one) aged 18, was missing his ears and a back leg, all having been removed over the past ten years due to cancer. He passed away this week, found in the neighbours garden, in one of his favourite sleeping places. The local dogs can now walk past in peace. Nothing scared him. RIP Casper.

This was posted on my local Craigslist today. It was too far away for me to drive to, and too late for me to want to drive to. This is a car load. I hope some prepper got it. The carboys are great for storing water. The wire stopper top bottles are great for vinegar and other brews. I used them for kombucha back when I was still making it.

"FREE Canner or brewer's paradise. TONS of glass canning and/or brewing jars. First come, first served. Must take all. Need them gone ASAP and will remove post when they're picked up. Message for address."
Jars and bottles.jpg

Hmm, what do we have today? 🤔

[Shuffles the deck...]

Ah, just the ticket! 😁

c77956.jpg

My little Confederate Gunboat, the 'HEART OF DIXIE'---a 12' Minifish which saw some radical adventures, lol. I'd cartop the hull through town in Coronado, right down the main drag of Orange Avenue, just so busloads of Japanese tourists could see the rebel flag atop my Olds or Camry, lol. Great little boat, she pulled some heller nautical adventures during the Salton Expeditions... sailing the length & breadth of the Salton Sea (but not in that order, lol). 😎

Wow! We have some gleaning opportunities in my area, but I've never participated. Those are beautiful onions, French Onion Soup onions!
Yep and onion fritters are pretty tasty too. They don’t sound like they would be and don’t look like they would be as you’re mixing, but they sure are.

I'da known that was you anywhere!
How far did you hike? My sons went out there a couple of times. One thought he'd pack light, super light. Didn't take a change of shorts or pants and came back with duck tape holdin' his shorts together. 😂 I don't know how far they hiked, a fur piece. Lots of fun competitions at the one camp. Crazy stuff they did. It is closed now, from last I heard.

I'da known that was you anywhere!
How far did you hike? My sons went out there a couple of times. One thought he'd pack light, super light. Didn't take a change of shorts or pants and came back with duck tape holdin' his shorts together. 😂 I don't know how far they hiked, a fur piece. Lots of fun competitions at the one camp. Crazy stuff they did. It is closed now, from last I heard.
Sadly, too long ago to remember many details, but they were I think 7 or 10 day trips, and around 5 miles a day mostly. I went 3 times, 1974, 1983, and 1987. The maps and photos may yet turn up with more details.

Latest posts

Back