Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The photo I added a few pages ago of looking through a window up into the trees. It was taken from inside this little storage cabin, that I was going to fix up for an office or "camping" place. This what was my back yard.
(I see the level, so that's when they were setting it up.)

cabin storage in my woods.jpg

One last photo for tonight (early morning ) before I get to bed.

This is from the side yard of my parent's place before they got ill, and then later passed away. So the dogwood was so pretty, and Dad always had a flag flying. I just thought this was a good photo.

flag in dogwood.jpg

And the below was a fence section with flowers in the turn in my Uncle's driveway. They were gone morning of April 28th 2011, I took this photo Easter Sunday, April 24th, 2011 before the tornadoes came through. I loved that fence - it was always so beautiful.

Well house flowers 4-24-11.jpg

RE: the beach. I grew up on the Space Coast of Florida. As a teen and young adult, I used to go to the beach once a year just to remind myself why I didn't like the beach! I was never a huge fan either.

20171221_185202.jpg

Beaches are hot and sandy. Sand gets into everything and it burns your feet if you're barefoot. It's also harder to walk on because you sink. Its also out in the open with the sun beating down. I can't be in direct sunlight and I can't stand the heat. I'll take a swimming pool over a beach. Beaches are nice to look at from afar, but I haven't enjoyed beaches since I was a small child making sand castles and watching my brother try to eat sand crabs.

Someone on Twitter posted asking people for name suggestions for this kitten and I want it! I want to rub its little belly and hold it close to my face and bottlefeed it.
View attachment 155498
"CoalBeans" or "Diamond"...!!?

Last edited:
Spent Father's Day weekend up in NH and ME motorcycling around with all the other riders who were there for the end of Bike Week. While taking a break at the Willey House in Crawford Notch, I found a working pay phone. The lady in the photo had stopped for a bathroom break (she was traveling with four children) and after seeing me photograph the phone, she made the older kids get out of the car and inspect it. It was humorous watching them treat it like a museum exhibit. At first they didn't seem to even want to touch it.

IMG_3237.jpg

Spent Father's Day weekend up in NH and ME motorcycling around with all the other riders who were there for the end of Bike Week. While taking a break at the Willey House in Crawford Notch, I found a working pay phone. The lady in the photo had stopped for a bathroom break (she was traveling with four children) and after seeing me photograph the phone, she made the older kids get out of the car and inspect it. It was humorous watching them treat it like a museum exhibit. At first they didn't seem to even want to touch it.

View attachment 155547
It is almost impossible to find pay phones these days. For many years, my cell phone never got service in my home town. The only pay phone that they had had, was destroyed by some teenagers.

View attachment 155547
And no phonebook, just like the ancient times :p

And no phonebook, just like the ancient times :p
One time I was driving from Colorado to North Dakota and my car battery was defective and I was struggling to get to my destination. This was before cell phones. I didn't have any phone numbers with me. I ended up trying to make a collect call. The operator asked me what my name was. It was my mother's brothers wife as the operator. Now the deal is, they were not allowed to identify themselves on the phone or make any personal conversations while they were working.

Ever since that time, I have thought that having a small address book would be very helpful in emergency situations. What if the cell phone gets lost or dies? For many years I did carry a small address book, but that too has passed. I still think we could all have an address book in our BOB's.

I’m jealous. I only have plastic ones.
All my earliest memories are of cotton fields. Might say i grew up in them. We have sandy soil here, very sandy in places.

First time i went to the beach... sand burned my feet just like a cotton field. The sun burned me to a crisp, yep, just like a cotton field.

People say, but i can cool off by jumping in the water... I learned early, want to cool off? Get out of the sun and into the shade! 90 degree salt water only robs your skin of moisture and provides no shade. So now i'm dehydrated and over heated.

The beach has sand fleas, jelly fish and sharks, a cotton field doesn't. So a beach is actually worse than a cotton field... 🤣 I don't want to spend time in either!
I don’t like the beach, either. I hate going in the ocean or lake. There are “things” in there I don’t want touching me. 🤣

Transmission with a transfer case. 4x4
... Didja' recognize the 'Chevy' bolt pattern that has been used since the 50's? 😁
That ain't no Ford! 🤣
Oops, forgot the pic:
555-60319.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Before I attempted to cut weeds along my sidewalk.
1718974503399.png

After. My little hedge trimmer thingy ran out of battery and can only cut things up to a certain thickness. The remaining weeds were too thick and it wouldn't cut them. So I stomped them down as best as I could. Need to charge up my weedeater and see if it can tackle some of them, but at least they aren't hanging over the sidewalk as badly.
1718974583094.png

I really need to get all the trash cleared up but don't do well in the heat.

The photo I added a few pages ago of looking through a window up into the trees. It was taken from inside this little storage cabin, that I was going to fix up for an office or "camping" place. This what was my back yard.
(I see the level, so that's when they were setting it up.)

View attachment 155501
These buildings have become quite the thing for cabins and tiny homes.

Rolling Stones in Denver.

Attachments

• IMG_20240620_210140.jpg
    IMG_20240620_210140.jpg
    1.8 MB
  • IMG_20240620_210143.jpg
    IMG_20240620_210143.jpg
    1.7 MB
  • IMG_20240620_210145.jpg
    IMG_20240620_210145.jpg
    1.7 MB
  • IMG_20240620_210411.jpg