• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today :p

SAM_1173.JPG

SAM_1172.JPG

A photo of Wednesday's New Mexico haboob, it was estimated to be 200 miles in length. This storm also caused the 23 car pile up on Interstate 25 between Albuquerque and Santa Fe, and the hail wreaked havoc across our greater neighborhood: smashed windshields, dented cars, broken windows and screens, broken skylights, and destroyed Gardens and fruit trees.
"A total of 18 people were taken to the hospital for varying injuries, according to Sandoval County. The crash involved 23 vehicles, and 51 people were medically assessed at the scene."
**Check out these amazing photos of the Haboob (dust storm) that engulfed New Mexico at 30,000 feet great captures**
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haboob
Haboob.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 155793

Only those about my age or older that frequented the Quad Cities in Northwest Alabama will recognize the Main Attraction on this street. Most of these buildings, like so many, are gone.
I did work all over Northwest Alabama but never went to Sheffield.
I did see the short version of the Space Needle in Florence though, does that count? 😛
516iRVFmhcL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Little Red Racer needs some paint Cobalt SSS with the Stage 3 kit triple disk clutch and polyurethane motor supports, when the boost goes toward the top of the gauge it pulls like a Hemi Dart.

1719120012208.jpeg

It and the cad beside it both need paint 4 process is a little high, so I think it may be double layer base and a good wrap. Or one of the newer two process and a two year acrylicoat. for the four I need done

Why do you have a gate but no fence?
Because the 400yr old oak tree split and 1/4 of it fell on the fence to the left of the gate and the tree removal people dropped the rest of it on the fence to the right of it. So, basically fence was taken out by a huge tree.

Saw this on the way back from the post office
1719131680813.png
1719131701123.png

Well, Ring the bell for Snowman he got the picture of a humming bird frozen in time just to the left of the pole, Those little rascals are hard to get like that.

The white is probably either one of the down the road neighbors Great Pyrenees or Son in Laws half pit.

Don't know what that reflection is on the door.

The Percheron horse (Trouble) is out of the picture in the pasture across the road to the left.

1719155108989.png

We lived right near there in that county. Glad our son (who lives there) is visiting here right now. The air is much cleaner.
I sure would not have wanted to be stuck outdoors when that came through. How could a person even breathe? People can protest face masks, but this would be a situation where a face mask would have been good to have if you were stuck outside with no place to take cover.
I can also imagine that houses and yards were likely full of dust, paint removed from houses and cars, animals disoriented and terrified, gardens destroyed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back