Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes me sad that people are falling for this anti-trans BS over something that does not involve transgender people.

I was going to say the same thing. Makes me sad people are buying the lies about biological males being raised as females somehow magically changing the reality of their genetics. Gives them an unfair advantage in a already brutal sport and destroys all of the hard work of the women who deserve to be represented by champions of their own gender.

But to each his or her own. We can just agree to disagree.

Covid is still real, even for the vaxed.

I posted about my sister and her husband doing an Alaska cruise and my sister came home with Covid.

Of late, my mom and her husband developed Covid after a small off shore boat vacation.

Air flights were involved with both trips. And, they didn’t get sick until home. Coincidence?
I've known several people lately who've had it. Most of them have been traveling. I think I'll stay as close to home as I can.

Somewhere I read that the individual Imane Khelif had been taking male hormones. That alone is a disqualification, isn't it? I've got no dog in the fight but I have seen photos of very homely women who were Muslim and could have passed for men, even though they were wearing the hajib.

Snopes is nothing but left wing lies. They are the least honest site on the internet and this has been proven some many times I can't believe they are still up.

When you fail an internationally approved biological test administered by the Olympic committee and it clearly indicates you are a male, with male chromosomes, and male hormones, then you are a male. Just claiming and pretending doesn't make it any more true than claiming and pretending he is a unicorn.

Back on my soap box

There should be XX sports and XY sports not men and women sports. The former is exact the latter abstract.

Ben

I was going to say the same thing. Makes me sad people are buying the lies about biological males being raised as females somehow magically changing the reality of their genetics. Gives them an unfair advantage in a already brutal sport and destroys all of the hard work of the women who deserve to be represented by champions of their own gender.

Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.[189]

Ben

There should be XX sports and XY sports not men and women sports. The former is exact the latter abstract.
It wasn't abstract for thousands and thousands of years. But now a few woke mental cases have made it abstract (hopefully we can reverse that). But until we do, I support XX and XY sports differentiation wholeheartedly.

I will agree to disagree then. Still respect you and like seeing your posts.

Also editing to add that my cats decided to have a full-out brawl today. Started with Mewlatto slapping Yasuke and not expecting to get tackled in return. Snugglebum jumped on Yasuke. Mew ran. Gravy Jones jumped on Snugglebum so it was a 3-way fight with poor Snugs being ganged up on. I got Yasuke out of the fray. But Gravy did not want to let up on Senator Snugglebum. They rolled around the kitchen, the hallway, into my room, and back out into the hallway. Boo was hollering wanting them to break up. Princess wanted to help but didn't know which cat to side with she barked a few times but they were not having it. Every time I got them pulled apart I'd be trying to keep them away from one of them would jump back on the other. Gravy did it more times than Snugglebum did. I got my leg kicked and clawed. I was telling them to stop with Boo verbally backing me up. He looked like he wanted to intervene but he's old and smart enough to know better. He's mostly attitude and can't really put up a fight. My brother heard the commotion and came rushing out to help. He pulled Gravy Jones off while I held Snugglebum back. I picked Snugs up and set him on the cat tree. Sylvanas had gone into hiding inside a cabinet. Snugs sulked for awhile. I put out food and calmed Gravy enough to get him to eat. I got out a comb and combed all of the kitties to clean their fur up and further calm them down. Snugs was calmer but still sulking on top of the fridge. Itsy got jealous that I was combing other kitties so I started combing her and Sylvanas got jealous and jumped up and shoved Itsy so she could get combed. Itsy then climbed on my shoulder.

Kitties are all calmed down now, but it took awhile to get my leg to stop bleeding.

Also, the bottle pit mom has created in front of the TV is so high that it comes up to the leg line of my underwear. I really need to get it picked up but have been feeling like garbage. She paged me while I was typing this so I had to stop and go get her some food. LOL.

Last edited:
https://kdvr.com/news/technology/ap-google-loses-massive-antitrust-case-over-its-search-dominance/

I agree that Google is a monopoly and is using this to their advantage. No gripes about this ruling from me regarding that. But one part of the ruling has me scratching my head:

Mehta said the evidence at trial showed the importance of the default settings. He noted that Microsoft’s Bing search engine has 80% share of the search market on the Microsoft Edge browser. The judge said that shows other search engines can be successful if Google is not locked in as the predetermined default option.

Didn't this judge consider that the reason Microsoft's Bing has an 80% share in Microsoft Edge is because it is the predetermined default option in Microsoft Edge?

I will agree to disagree then. Still respect you and like seeing your posts.

Also editing to add that my cats decided to have a full-out brawl today. Started with Mewlatto slapping Yasuke and not expecting to get tackled in return. Snugglebum jumped on Yasuke. Mew ran. Gravy Jones jumped on Snugglebum so it was a 3-way fight with poor Snugs being ganged up on. I got Yasuke out of the fray. But Gravy did not want to let up on Senator Snugglebum. They rolled around the kitchen, the hallway, into my room, and back out into the hallway. Boo was hollering wanting them to break up. Princess wanted to help but didn't know which cat to side with she barked a few times but they were not having it. Every time I got them pulled apart I'd be trying to keep them away from one of them would jump back on the other. Gravy did it more times than Snugglebum did. I got my leg kicked and clawed. I was telling them to stop with Boo verbally backing me up. He looked like he wanted to intervene but he's old and smart enough to know better. He's mostly attitude and can't really put up a fight. My brother heard the commotion and came rushing out to help. He pulled Gravy Jones off while I held Snugglebum back. I picked Snugs up and set him on the cat tree. Sylvanas had gone into hiding inside a cabinet. Snugs sulked for awhile. I put out food and calmed Gravy enough to get him to eat. I got out a comb and combed all of the kitties to clean their fur up and further calm them down. Snugs was calmer but still sulking on top of the fridge. Itsy got jealous that I was combing other kitties so I started combing her and Sylvanas got jealous and jumped up and shoved Itsy so she could get combed. Itsy then climbed on my shoulder.

Kitties are all calmed down now, but it took awhile to get my leg to stop bleeding.

Also, the bottle pit mom has created in front of the TV is so high that it comes up to the leg line of my underwear. I really need to get it picked up but have been feeling like garbage.

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I have never seen a cat brawl and I don't think I care too.

Thanks d_marsh. Hope everyone else is doing OK. I'm worried about Frodo and hoping AmishHeart will get some relief soon and not have to be jerked around by insurance companies.

The cats basically clutch each other with their front legs- digging in claws, trying to find spots that inflict pain but also give them leverage. They bite each other and then kick the crap out of each other with their back legs. Had to take Gravy to the vet awhile back because a claw or bite above his eye got infected. They like to bite at each other's necks, faces, backs, etc. Gravy had Snugglbum by the side of the neck and was kicking him in the stomach. But Snugglebum is a strong muscular cat who was kicking and digging claws into gravy while also trying to get him off of his neck. I'm not one of those people who will film something and not intervene. My priority is ending the fights as soon as I can to reduce the severity of injury. Cat bites can get infected easily. At least Snugglebum will not ever bite or claw a human on purpose, so I usually end fights by picking him up, He'll still huff and puff, but he doesn't get aggressive with me. Gravy will sometimes freak out and bite or scratch because he can't seem to differentiate once he gets worked up. I'm hoping that when my brother finishes his current job and is on a brief hiatus that we can get the rest of the male cats neutered. Have to get them up-to-date on vaccines first though.

Haertig I can understand google being the default search engine in Chrome and Bing being default in whatever browser Microsoft has now (I know it used to be Internet Explorer-- it's Edge now?). I wonder which things bought out Lycos and Infoseek or if they just went the way of the dodo. I miss Infoseek because you could use boolean search + would include certain terms, - would exclude certain terms. You could search within results to narrow things down. Even modern browsers I've seen haven't had those options.

I was thinking of getting up and doing something but now I can't remember what it was....

Oh, did I mention that I got my mother trash bags to put her empty bottles in but she still tosses her bottles across the room instead of putting them in the trash?

My day keeps getting better /sarcasm
AC isn't cooling to what it should. It got up to 76 and its supposed to stay at 70. I shut it off for several minutes and turned it back on. I changed the filter, poured bleach down condensate line, made sure cap was on the condensate line tee. went outside to make sure compresor was running. Noted weeds growing around it and a stupid gumball tree is growing next to it and branches are hanging over. Will need to get that removed.

Went to drink some milk and it was sour.

Oh, and my left ear starting hurting yesterday and today it has a sore swollen lump behind the ear. It hurts to chew, swallow, open my jaw too much, or yawn. I've switched to using drops in the left ear as the right one feels cleared up. Had a fever again but it broke. Headache is back and I'm feeling lightheaded. Cats had another fight and broke a glass measuring cup, which I haven't picked up yet bc I feel like garbage. I'm still slightly nauseous and don't have much appetite. We're out of some grocery stuff so I have to go to the store tomorrow and am not looking forward to it. Will see if my brother can come with me.

Ceiling is still dripping like crazy.

Hoping the antibiotics and ear drops will help clear up this other ear.

My day keeps getting better /sarcasm
AC isn't cooling to what it should. It got up to 76 and its supposed to stay at 70. I shut it off for several minutes and turned it back on. I changed the filter, poured bleach down condensate line, made sure cap was on the condensate line tee. went outside to make sure compresor was running. Noted weeds growing around it and a stupid gumball tree is growing next to it and branches are hanging over. Will need to get that removed.

Went to drink some milk and it was sour.

Oh, and my left ear starting hurting yesterday and today it has a sore swollen lump behind the ear. It hurts to chew, swallow, open my jaw too much, or yawn. I've switched to using drops in the left ear as the right one feels cleared up. Had a fever again but it broke. Headache is back and I'm feeling lightheaded. Cats had another fight and broke a glass measuring cup, which I haven't picked up yet bc I feel like garbage. I'm still slightly nauseous and don't have much appetite. We're out of some grocery stuff so I have to go to the store tomorrow and am not looking forward to it. Will see if my brother can come with me.

Ceiling is still dripping like crazy.

Hoping the antibiotics and ear drops will help clear up this other ear.
Why does everything happen at once?!!🙁

Why does everything happen at once?!!🙁
It gets better. Internet stopped working. Mom was having an absolute tantrum about it. I checked and the modem was working but saying there was no connection to dish. Went outside and found THIS
1723014586255.png

And I'm having to use cell service to connect so it takes forever to load a webpage or post an image (hence the small image). I think the wind knocked it loose and it fell into the AC fan outside.

As I was headed back into the house I stepped directly in the middle of a huge fresh cow plop.

At this point I have to laugh about how bad the luck is bc otherwise I'm going to go apoplectic.

We have some wiring kits so we can try to temporarily fix it and order a new cord, but it might take awhile to get one.

It gets better. Internet stopped working. Mom was having an absolute tantrum about it. I checked and the modem was working but saying there was no connection to dish. Went outside and found THIS
View attachment 159195
And I'm having to use cell service to connect so it takes forever to load a webpage or post an image (hence the small image). I think the wind knocked it loose and it fell into the AC fan outside.

As I was headed back into the house I stepped directly in the middle of a huge fresh cow plop.

At this point I have to laugh about how bad the luck is bc otherwise I'm going to go apoplectic.

We have some wiring kits so we can try to temporarily fix it and order a new cord, but it might take awhile to get one.
At some point you might as well laugh!! A stretch of good luck should be coming your way!!😉

Well, it hasn't happened yet. Bro's phone slipped out of his hand and it fell screen down on a magazine rack-- less than 2ft drop and the screen broke.
...Am I far enough away to be safe? 🤣

Had a battle with red wasps last night. I live in a 2 family duplex. The upstairs has a full length deck above my porch. There are always a few wasps on my porch, normally not a problem. They’ll have a nest or two underneath the upper deck. I let them alone in case I want to go fishing. Wasp larva make great bream and bluegill bait. So seeing a wasp on my porch is no cause for alarm.

This time they built a nest in the yarrow plant I keep on my porch. Fronds die and form a mat underneath. They built a nest under the dead mat. I water my plants every 2 to 3 days. The mat was thick, by the time the angry wet wasps got air borne I was back in the house. I never noticed them until last evening. I watered all my plants and then started moving the pots around. Suddenly there were a dozen of wasps flying around. Uh-Oh... Houston, we have a problem!

I poured a couple gallons of water over the plant. Then got the nest out while the half-drowned wasps tried to recover. The darkness helped, managed to not get stung. I had on my bee keeping hood and gloves anyway.

Guess it’s time to go to war, another nest is right above my porch plants. A little too close for comfort. I keep a few cans of hornet spray in the shop.

20240808_wasp57a.jpg
20240808_wasp58a.jpg
20240808_wasp59a.jpg

Had a battle with red wasps last night. I live in a 2 family duplex. The upstairs has a full length deck above my porch. There are always a few wasps on my porch, normally not a problem. They’ll have a nest or two underneath the upper deck. I let them alone in case I want to go fishing. Wasp larva make great bream and bluegill bait. So seeing a wasp on my porch is no call for alarm.

This time they built a nest in the yarrow plant I keep on my porch. Fronds die and form a mat underneath. They built a nest under the dead mat. I water my plants every 2 to 3 days. The mat was thick, by the time the angry wet wasps got air borne I was back in the house. I never noticed them until last evening. I watered all my plants and then started moving the pots around. Suddenly there were a dozen of wasps flying around. Uh-Oh... Houston, we have a problem!

I poured a couple gallons of water over the plant. Then got the nest out while the half-drowned wasps tried to recover. The darkness helped, managed to not get stung. I had on my bee keeping hood and gloves anyway.

Guess it’s time to go to war, another nest is right above my porch plants. A little too close for comfort. I keep a few cans of hornet spray in the shop.

View attachment 159273View attachment 159274View attachment 159275
DIE DIE DIE!!!!

Had a battle with red wasps last night. I live in a 2 family duplex. The upstairs has a full length deck above my porch. There are always a few wasps on my porch, normally not a problem. They’ll have a nest or two underneath the upper deck. I let them alone in case I want to go fishing. Wasp larva make great bream and bluegill bait. So seeing a wasp on my porch is no cause for alarm.

View attachment 159273View attachment 159274View attachment 159275
I agree, I leave them alone, they are important to the cycle.
But if it is them or me, I will get the flame going.

Rain coming down off big storm....garden is full of tomatoes green as a gourd and size of softballs...not near ready...guess plants are going to take up all this water and bust all my maters...2 moths plus of work/tending to and going to be flushed down the toilet !

all we can do is wait and hope not as much rain as suppose top be.

Last edited:
Ammo is heavy, Dade, with you there. I have some that needs to go downstairs and I haven't done it. It's heavy.
Insurance companies make me mad. So I called the Ambetter insurance company to ask what on earth is going on....they denied the MRI, said 6 weeks of PT is necessary, and then will not pre approve the PT. They said each PT visit has to be preapproved, and they can take 2 weeks to approve each and every one after preapproval paperwork has been received. I show online that they received it, on their website. The lady says nope, doesn't see it. Told her at this rate, with two weeks in between, and all the preapprovals, it'll be next year before I can re request an MRI, and I won't have them for insurance next year because they suck! They even denied the cream prescribed to me to help with lower back pain. I ended up paying for it in cash with Good RX. They deny everything. So I called the hospital to see how much for a cash paid MRI. They will give a discount, so they'll call back. I'll probably have to do it that way.
My favorite cousin who is amish and in her 70's cracked me up. She called me to say that a IRS scammer is bugging her and now left a msg for her to call back right away. So she called him back and she told her that he should be ashamed of himself, trying to scam old widows out of all of their money. That made her feel better. But he hung up on her. Ha.

Latest posts

Back