Russia Versus The Ukraine

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE
At midnight our time (about 10 minutes ago) I was privileged to get to listen in on a brief communication from our 2 guys in Ukraine.

They have run into several small groups of Russian soldiers who abandoned their vehicles and were headed back North. On each encounter, they got the drop on and disarmed the men. They shared water and conversation with one group of soldiers who were without food or water. The soldiers were very young, very green, and had no awareness of the global response to the Russian incursion. When our guys told the soldiers the news about FIFA suspending Russia and about UEFA stripping St. Petersburg of the Champions League final, they insisted our guys must be falling for Nazi propaganda.

They told our guys that they were very surprised when they were ordered to move into Ukraine. They were told that Ukraine had been captured by Nazis, and it was up to them to liberate the Ukrainians.
I don’t think our guys convinced them that the people shooting at them were the Ukrainians they thought they were rescuing.

Even though the soldiers were released (without their weapons) and told to continue north, it sounds like they thought our guys were “the Nazis.” (but maybe nice Nazis?)

Our guy's goal is to reach the grandmother (of one of these 2 men) and extract her to a neighboring country. Traveling with her might require using a bigger vehicle which they say could dramatically increase the likelihood of encountering hostiles, but they are optimistic of their success.

Our guys were sickened by the bomb and shell damage they’ve seen in towns and say they believe it will take decades to rebuild. (The soldiers said the Ukrainian Nazis were the ones blowing everything up!)
The Ukrainians they’ve run into have not been military and are “running around with weapons they have no idea how to safely use.” They are more concerned about being shot or blown up by a hidden “well intentioned” Ukrainian than by the more obvious, noisy, and grouped Russians.

If not for the grandmother, our guys say they would focus on making the Russian advancement more painful. We pray they get the grandmother to safety and make it directly home.
It wasn’t my call, so I kept my mouth shut even though I had a dozen questions.
No word from Ukraine...I thought they'd be at their destination by now and discover if she's still alive, but I have no feel for the size of the region or the additional difficulties they'll encounter. It feels like it's been a week since the call last night.

P.S. Somewhere on the forum we were talking about money, gold, or food as barter for gas if SHTF here in the US...the guys say for now, money still works, but food is preferred. Gas is scarce, and once when they weren't able to find a vehicle to siphon from for their bikes, they were able to buy it at an extremely jacked up price.

Last edited:
Good morning Doc, it is 6 am here, the sun is coming up, the java is hot and the wife is still sleeping with the dog to keep her back warm.
Seven hours or so before my morning Joe. I just roasted a batch of Columbia Don Enrique Reserve to perfection, so the sooner I get to sleep, the sooner I can wake up and savor a cup of it.

Been a long time since I roasted my own beans...I think back in the Croatian war times, bought some green beans in Slovenia for 5 german marks a kilo and sold them in Bosnia for 20 marks for each 100 grams! Also bought a liter of sunflower oil for DM 1,17 and sold it for DM 30 the next day. I was only the driver of the truck but the owner made over a hundred thousand marks in only eight hours with buying and selling what the people could not get in the wartorn Bosnian area and desperately wanting...

I'm stocking up on green coffee while I can. Green coffee has gone up 40% since the beginning of the year. And it's hard to find good quality now. I did buy a good bit before it went up ($4 per pound which is impossible now) but I still need to buy more. It keeps without refrigeration, especially if it's vacuum packed.
I've read about the coffee shortages in the Civil War and the lengths people went to in order to smuggle it across the blockade, or find coffee substitutes to mix with coffee to stretch it out. I have a newspaper article written during the war with suggestions on coffee substitutes, like sweet potatoes, chicory root, dandelion root, etc. People are still cutting it with chicory in Louisiana to this day.
I figure that if I sell good fresh roasted coffee after things hit the fan, I'll be a very popular guy LOL.
My setup is very low tech. I'm using a propane burner but I could use a wood fire instead.

I would think that coffee should be considered humanitarian aid and should be freely exchanged during ceasefire negotiations or during lulls in fighting.
Rebs had tobacco. Yanks had coffee.
This drawing by newspaper illustrator Edwin Forbes was entitled "Trading for Coffee and Tobacco Between the Fortified Lines During a Truce"
default.jpg

I still have an old fashioned PERCOLATOR for electric use, another one for over a fire, a bodrum, an Italian espresso maker for over fire, a filter coffee machine, a funnel filter for thermos jugs and a greek coffee cooker...can make coffee lots of different ways.
Best coffee I ever had was under a bridge back in 1976. A hobo invited me to have a cup from his campfire cooked coffee in an old 5 lb. Folgers can...fresh water from the river...yes the rivers were sometimes still clean back then....

Are you still unable to think? I think you may live to close to the cesspool of Chicago.

you're a MODERATOR here?

you want to start with your regional bigotry - go elsewhere azzwipe - not needed here - especially with some paranoid idiot like you >>> if you think Putin is your savior from some BS crap - I hope the hell he personally puts his pistol to your head when he starts executing people - it can only help people like you .....

you want to start with your regional bigotry - go elsewhere azzwipe - not needed here - especially with some paranoid idiot like you >>> if you think Putin is your savior from some BS crap - I hope the hell he personally puts his pistol to your head when he starts executing people - it can only help people like you .....

Check yourself into a mental hospital and have a labottomy done. Your delusional and your perceptions of the world and my views are fictional.

Just as this is dividing us here, it can be just as dividing at home. Has been here.
I don’t support Putin, but I think Biden, the US has been stirring the pot and cornering Putin into his course of action.
Call me a Putin supporter if you want, I don’t think the US is totally innocent.
Too much propaganda from both sides to determine where the real line lies.
But Putin should get the Nobel Peace Prize, He ended Covid. 😀

Zelensky is a leader that rallies the troops and represents Ukraine well, in war. But in peacetime negotiations with the Russians, he was a total failure and bears a huge amount of responsibility for this war. Another who bears responsibility is Obama for his 2014 coup which got this whole thing started. Further criminals are Clinton and Biden for raping Ukraine, taking bribes, and implying a close relationship with the West. All this emboldened Zelensky, so back to the top of the paragraph.

The real losers are the Ukrainian people who did nothing wrong yet will suffer the consequences of a war nobody wanted. The Russians are the most experienced army in the world at urban warfare, starting with Berlin three generations ago. If the Ukrainians use apartment houses to fight from, those apartment houses will be leveled. The Russian army will cut a wide path into Ukrainian cities so that apartment house style fighting will have a minimum effect. As terrible as it is to say, almost all the brave Ukrainian defenders will die in the end as will a great number of non-combatants. And in the end, Ukraine will not join NATO or be used as a Cuban-type missile launcher against Russia. The whole war could have been avoided if Zelensky had faced reality.

Check yourself into a mental hospital and have a labottomy done. Your delusional and your perceptions of the world and my views are fictional.
Papa maybe you being too harsh on sending the lllini warrior off to the mental asylum. Maybe all lllini needs is to be loved and cared for by dropping him off at the nearest reservation. I sure once there and back puffing away on the peace pipe his mind might just recover and clear naturally. 😇

Last edited:
Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec

How the War in Ukraine FAST-TRACKS the Great Reset | Adam Curry

Glenn Beck…

“One of the most eye-opening explanations of the Great Reset Glenn has ever heard comes from a former MTV VJ known as “the Podfather.” Glenn sits down with Adam Curry, the man who introduced Joe Rogan to the ESG movement and its role in the Great Reset. “I take the elites at their word,” he tells Glenn, as they dive into the terrifying realities playing out around the world, including in Ukraine. They both agree that something’s off about the global response to Russia’s invasion, and Adam has a shocking theory as to why. But he’s tackling the problem in an interesting way: with his voice. From his humble beginnings on pirate radio in Holland to starting the first podcast in 2004, “The Daily Source Code” (which caught the attention of Steve Jobs), Adam tells Glenn the amazing story of his decades of experience as a tech media innovator. Now, he’s pioneering a game-changing new way of podcasting that not only puts content creators first, but, he argues, solves the censorship problem so many are now facing.”

Zelensky is a leader that rallies the troops and represents Ukraine well, in war. But in peacetime negotiations with the Russians, he was a total failure and bears a huge amount of responsibility for this war. Another who bears responsibility is Obama for his 2014 coup which got this whole thing started. Further criminals are Clinton and Biden for raping Ukraine, taking bribes, and implying a close relationship with the West. All this emboldened Zelensky, so back to the top of the paragraph.

The real losers are the Ukrainian people who did nothing wrong yet will suffer the consequences of a war nobody wanted. The Russians are the most experienced army in the world at urban warfare, starting with Berlin three generations ago. If the Ukrainians use apartment houses to fight from, those apartment houses will be leveled. The Russian army will cut a wide path into Ukrainian cities so that apartment house style fighting will have a minimum effect. As terrible as it is to say, almost all the brave Ukrainian defenders will die in the end as will a great number of non-combatants. And in the end, Ukraine will not join NATO or be used as a Cuban-type missile launcher against Russia. The whole war could have been avoided if Zelensky had faced reality.
Just saw your response to my post. Cannot disagree with your post.it actually agrees with my US stirring the pot statement. We agree who the real criminals are.
The criminals that installed the Failed comedian entertainer are to blame. He was set up as a puppet against a powerful leader (who backed down to a powerful leader like Trump)
I was worried about a friend in Kazakhstan earlier this year. Russians were trying to impose their will. That blew over, and my friend who works for the opposition Political Party suffered no consequence. The weak response from our supposed leader gave Putin the green light on Ukraine..
One of my favorite teachers was my German teacher from the Ukraine. She taught me a lot about their culture. You don’t want to F with them.
To me, Zelenskiys requests are you got me into this, now get me out. He hasn’t realized he was a pawn.

And now Putin has the proof he needs to put us all on nuclear alert...But again, this is an over 10 year old Lenovo china crap laptop type. The nato stickers and all can be forged and someone said the duct tape is the most valuable and believable part of the whole pic.

Last edited:
if you didn't see it - supposedly our beloved SOS Biden appointee has green-lited Poland to transfer their MIGS to Ukraine - and the US will immediately fill that Polish gap with US fighters - from where - it's not said - but the intent sounds immediate and probably would mean active USAF units being grounded or limited ....

for everybody wanting a Putin nuke for their Jeremiah Johnson wet-dream "re-set" - you might get your wish - Putin would not sit still and only complain like he is currently doing about the current re-supply situation ....

Last edited:
Kenan@SonOfEnos
5h··Edited
BOOM!
:nuke:
RUSSIA RETURNS TO THE GOLD STANDARD FOR ITS CURRENCY!!!!!

1646669296275.jpeg

Nobody will favor a US dollar, backed by nothing, from a nation that's $30 TRILLION in debt, versus a gold-backed Ruble.

Could this be the real reason the West is loudly pounding the War-Drums, lighting their hair on fire and screaming RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA?

The Luciferian's who are running the governments around the world are absolutely terrified about this because it not only makes the Russian Ruble now the most stable currency in the world, but in one fell swoop it makes the Khazarian Banker's debt based FIAT Central Bank dollars, obsolete.

Didn't Q say that gold will destroy the FED? Chalk this one up to another "Future proves past"

President Putin Returns the Gold Standard to Russia

nanotechexec@nanotechexec

Just when you think the TRUTH cannot surface any faster or bitch slap any harder... this news is surfacing along with Putin's response to sanctions and will make many EU banks ****-less this week.

Pasted from Telegram:

"Ohh. Here it comes. German Chancellor Olaf Scholz caved into the NWO idiots and now Germany will suffer. Then following, all of Western Europe will, too."

There is a moral to this story... NEVER ******** a bear with high-toned horseshit about some non-existent moral high ground. When it comes to Neo-Nazi Ukraine... DC, EU and NATO are at the bottom of the **** barrel, exact opposite of moral high ground.

1646671846822.jpg

@GeorgiaPeachie

Hi GP
I just checked the german news channel after your post. Until now the german gov still imports gas and oil from Russia, the EU is doing so as well because otherwise the whole european economy is crapped.
I'll let yu know if the news channel brings something different.
I as well toke an look on Russia Today (having the news on Telegramm), nothing there too.

Latest posts

Back