Russia Versus The Ukraine

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The question is HOW DO WE STOP THIS from happening in a matter of days or weeks?
We may not be able to stop it. This is what we prepare for, the aftermath.
You can stop madmen, anymore than people could stop Hitler in the 30s. I don’t think he was a good man, but I always wondered how he could be so motivational.
We don’t have motivational people like this now.

We may not be able to stop it. This is what we prepare for, the aftermath.
You can stop madmen, anymore than people could stop Hitler in the 30s. I don’t think he was a good man, but I always wondered how he could be so motivational.
We don’t have motivational people like this now.
That was kind of the point of my post earlier...

Water shapes its course according to the nature of the ground over which it flows; the soldier works out his victory in relation to the foe whom he is facing.

Truth, define truth?
Can we even decern what that is anymore?
Define truth. Truth be many things but certainly a reality. A bit like snuggling up to crocodile to see if he bite. Of course there be the spiritual reality of truth . The 10 commandments point us towards truth with the realisation that we cannot keep them. They point us to towards something more everlasting and eternal.

Define truth. Truth be many things but certainly a reality. A bit like snuggling up to crocodile to see if he bite. Of course there be the spiritual reality of truth . The 10 commandments point us towards truth with the realisation that we cannot keep them. They point us to towards something more everlasting and eternal.
And what happens when REALITY cannot be agreed upon -- a la Plato' cave allegory?

That was kind of the point of my post earlier...

Water shapes its course according to the nature of the ground over which it flows; the soldier works out his victory in relation to the foe whom he is facing.
If you are a prayer, you pray and do. If you are a doer you do.
Even with religion there is not a clear cut solution and I come from a Judeo-Christian household.
We do what we think is best for us. She may do for charities what she thinks and its mostly inline with my beliefs.
We aren’t that different, I just may be more cynical. I am a doer.

However if someone says "America is a racist country" is that truth or simply a subjective opinion? And 52% of people say that is true...

That is the kind of "reality" that we are dealing with these days.

However if someone says "America is a racist country" is that truth or simply a subjective opinion?

That is the kind of thing that we are dealing with these days.
If you are a prayer, you pray and do. If you are a doer you do.
Even with religion there is not a clear cut solution and I come from a Judeo-Christian household.

I am with you on that....My father was 1/4 Blackfoot Lakota and my mother a staunch Catholic. I am spiritual rather than religious despite 20 years of formal religious education.
Truth is what i seek but I am also able to step outside of my personal beliefs and see the bigger picture and probable outcomes.
Divisiveness is exactly what the Great Reset feeds off of. Anger, despair and frustration are its friends. I just think we stop feeding it and do something instead that makes us stronger.

And what happens when REALITY cannot be agreed upon -- a la Plato' cave allegory?
Well reality cannot always be discerned by mere mortals. But it often can be and that’s the point. Plato understood that. The reality is we must evaluate did President Putin have the right to invade the Ukraine. America made that reality known to Russia in the Cuban missile crisis of many decades ago the Russians heeded the warning the Ukrainian government and nato did not heed the many warnings that Russia has given over many years . You merely have to look at the selfish demands of the Ukrainian president demanding a no fly zone when he fully knows that means a possible world war 3 could be on the cards. He not be the face of Ukrainian people merely a puppet paid for, proven by the many attested replies and videos here.. Yes we can evaluate truth we can also evaluate the many lies perpetuated upon the Ukrainian people and upon Russia as well. It’s all about a Strategic long term effort to undermine Russia. That’s the reality

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying however, your logic is applied unevenly.
The Ukrainian people have a right to self determination without the interference of the west OR RUSSIA. Just butt out. Two wrongs do not make a right, only petty excuses.

The Ukrainian people have a right to self determination without the interference of the west OR RUSSIA. Just butt out. Two wrongs do not make a right, only petty excuses.
the Ukrainian people had that determination yes. Sadly the corruption and geopolitics and international influence within their nation changed all that. The line in the sand was clearly marked that the Ukraine would always remain within the sphere of Russian influence that was agreed upon when with the partial break of the former Soviet Union In the 90’s. Two wrongs don’t make a right you say. Perhaps. But I count many more than just the 2 wrongs committed from outside influence. Maybe if they had butted out Russia would never have invaded.

The question is HOW DO WE STOP THIS from happening in a matter of days or weeks?

We don't!! The events in progress will continue and we will have to wait and seen how it plays out. We can continue to prep and possibly improve our chances but we can't stop the events already in motion.

I've been feeling like there is no other outcome here besides a complete stop and choke of material and energy movement alleivated at some point by the new CBDC system, the cut off will trickle into enslavement presumably assisting and supporting the aggression on hold outs
It's going to be a turn of ages

But if they endanger Russia, Russia also has the right to defend itself.

We don't!! The events in progress will continue and we will have to wait and seen how it plays out. We can continue to prep and possibly improve our chances but we can't stop the events already in motion.

My feelings exactly...which is why I feel bickering amongst ourselves is pointless!

One could argue that Mexico and most of South America has been endangering the US for years now, allowing its citizens mixed in with, drugs, gangs, people from countries that would like to destroy us to flood across our borders. Does that give us the right to go in and take over the entirety of Mexico?

Maybe if they had butted out Russia would never have invaded.
And if Russia had butted out and let the Ukrainians make their own choices, the west butting in never would have to butt in...it is circuitous like most of history.

One could argue that Mexico and most of South America has been endangering the US for years now, allowing its citizens mixed in with, drugs, gangs, people from countries that would like to destroy us to flood across our borders. Does that give us the right to go in and take over the entirety of Mexico?
If it were up to me I would. We invaded Mexico in the "Punitive Expedition" because of Pancho Villa.
Wipe out the cartels, scorched earth...treat them like Trump did ISIS. Arrest a few crooked politicians and let the people deal with them, then leave.
But it's not up to me. 😜

prosto schob vi znali, moya matti narodilasya vie ukrainian, a moya babusya perejila golodomore i radyansku occupation. yo znayu, shcho z nimi boulo zrobleno i "garne" zhittya, yake im dala rossia... tse boulo spravznje peklo. tomu ne namagaitesya prodati mene nah rosiysku propagandu. vi mozheteh prodati yogo tomu, khto ne vivchav austria schidnoi evropy protyagom ostannich 30 rokov.

If it were up to me I would. We invaded Mexico in the "Punitive Expedition" because of Pancho Villa.
Wipe out the cartels, scorched earth...treat them like Trump did ISIS. Arrest a few crooked politicians and let the people deal with them, then leave.
But it's not up to me. 😜
I get it...I live in fricking Texas...believe me I do.

But it's not up to me. 😜

Absolutely. We have done it before and we should do it again--but from the air using napalm and drones on the cartels.

We won't, because those dangers are sanctioned by our deepstate government. There no threat to our government, only to the citizens.

I think it might actually be that we're a country that was established to respect our laws and the sovereignty of other countries. We do a lousy job with our borders for sure, but we can't just go across the border and do what we want because we're more powerful.

And if Russia had butted out and let the Ukrainians make their own choices, the west butting in never would have to butt in...it is circuitous like most of history.
Circuitous ? You say . Russia was rather direct and to the point the very opposite of circuitous. That being that the Ukraine would remain under under the spear of Russian influence as mentioned in my previous reply ( post 431 ) which at least NATO has begrudgingly adhered too fully knowing that a no fly zone would mean all out war if they cross that line. And now you have thrown in most of history as ( circuitous) too. Why would you claim that ?

We are all having to learn that the world does NOT think like an average American with the average amount of MSM PROPAGANDA.
I had to learn that: if drinking alcohol with Hungarians, never put the cap or cork on the bottle till the guests have left, if you do, it means drink what you have and you will not get anymore, I do not really want you here........
I had to learn that: if drinking coffee with a muslim, never finish your coffee before the host and elder of the house, it means you do not feel comfortable there and want to leave.
I had to learn to be careful about shaking hands with muslims also. They eat with their fingers and ONLY with the right hand (no matter if the are right-handed or left-handed) since they learn to ONLY WIPE their butts with the left hand....
I had to learn than: never cross your legs or raise your feet to a Greek so that they can see the sole of your shoe or foot if you are barefooted. It is a terrible insult and you can see them "throwing a shoe" as the greatest of all insults in the middle east and especially in Greece.
I had to learn: catching a woman without her veil and clothes, she will cover her face.
Catching a woman without her clothes in western lands, she will cover her breasts and crotch.
Catching a woman in India without her clothes, she will cover her knees.
Catching a woman in certain parts of Japan without her clothes, she would cover her elbows...
Catching a woman in certain parts of Turkey without her clothes, she would cover her hair...
We do not understand the cultures grounds, but we need to accept them. They have their rights too. Live free, Gary

Circuitous ? You say . Russia was rather direct and to the point the very opposite of circuitous. That being that the Ukraine would remain under under the spear of Russian influence as mentioned in my previous reply ( post 431 ) which at least NATO has begrudgingly adhered too fully knowing that a no fly zone would mean all out war if they cross that line. And now you have thrown in most of history as ( circuitous) too. Why would you claim that ?
Go back further. Stalin and his Bolsheviks starved the Ukraine and then ordered its civilians to occupy the empty villages where everyone had died, forbade the Ukrainian language being used even in homes. My grandmother and mother lived through those times of the Holodomor and the Soviet occupation there. Russia had no claim to ANYTHING having to do with Ukraine after the genocide they perpetrated there...none. So yes, history is indeed circuitous.

We are all having to learn that the world does NOT think like an average American with the average amount of MSM PROPAGANDA.
I had to learn that: if drinking alcohol with Hungarians, never put the cap or cork on the bottle till the guests have left, if you do, it means drink what you have and you will not get anymore, I do not really want you here........
I had to learn that: if drinking coffee with a muslim, never finish your coffee before the host and elder of the house, it means you do not feel comfortable there and want to leave.
I had to learn to be careful about shaking hands with muslims also. They eat with their fingers and ONLY with the right hand (no matter if the are right-handed or left-handed) since they learn to ONLY WIPE their butts with the left hand....
I had to learn than: never cross your legs or raise your feet to a Greek so that they can see the sole of your shoe or foot if you are barefooted. It is a terrible insult and you can see them "throwing a shoe" as the greatest of all insults in the middle east and especially in Greece.
I had to learn: catching a woman without her veil and clothes, she will cover her face.
Catching a woman without her clothes in western lands, she will cover her breasts and crotch.
Catching a woman in India without her clothes, she will cover her knees.
Catching a woman in certain parts of Japan without her clothes, she would cover her elbows...
Catching a woman in certain parts of Turkey without her clothes, she would cover her hair...
We do not understand the cultures grounds, but we need to accept them. They have their rights too. Live free, Gary
. Ok, I gotta ask. How did you catch so many women? 😀😀😀😀😀

Sounds like tooo many people have only learned about a part of history and THE REST OF THE STORY was not taught or someone was sleeping...
The Hungarians were fighting the communists and crying over Radio Free Europe for help...1956...AND?? The Chechs open their borders and let the Russians come through and shoot who they wanted to and the bullet holes can STILL BE SEEN in many buildings in Budapest...
The Chechs had to pay for that move in 1968, as the Russians did the same to them and they also became a ""voluntary"" part of the WARSAW PACT...
Even the CZAR of Russia was given a chance to flee the Bolshevics and his own cousin in England SAID NO to the political asylum...so... the whole family got shot.
Hitler killed about 6 million Jews from all of Europe, Stalin killed a reported 33 million persons from the entire Soviet Union area of occupation. Mao killed a reported 68 million persons in the Chinese area of occupation. Entire dynasties were wiped out by the Chinese for thousands of years. The Europeans coming to present America destroyed an estimated 10 million native Indians here with their "white-man-diseases" as the walked across to the Pacific.
Our world is simply not a friendly place to live...get your preps up and try to survive the craziness of this generation...Gary

Bottom line, it does not matter why WE think Russia invaded the Ukraine. Russia has invaded the Ukraine. Fighting spirit wins battles, logistics wins wars. Russia will gain control of the Ukraine, due to better logistics. Russia will win the INTERINE war. After a very long time, the Ukrainians will win the final war of attrition. Putin has doomed the Russian people to a very bleak future. The Ukrainian people will wage a war of attrition which will cost the Russian government huge amounts of money. The sanctions will continue to push Russia closer to bankruptcy. China is also being shown their future if they decide to invade Taiwan. Our best course of action, just keep prepping. Stocking piling food, water, ammo and a few firesticks should be top priority. Review of whom did what to whom should be reserved to historians. Prepper should focus on prepping.

Latest posts

Back