The Ladies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am a woman living by myself in the middle of nowhere
but I have few good friends most are farmers - lumberjack - truckers

My sister is a beef cattle farmer she have huge fields she is my best female friend
she thinks like I do

I dont need anyone to live in my house or on my land or with me = my choice
I pay for everything MYSELF
I know some people think I am a nutcase even if I am not that old
and that I live with animals instead with humans

But yup I am so very happy that way and I dont care of what people think
I am happy that way and will never change it

Country life is so great

Now if this "That Lady" thread had been going on about the time of the great "Prepper Forum Migration," there might have been a whole lot less kicking and screaming. Many would have been completely enthralled by Marsh's tale of the Lady's unrequited love and his own surprise that he couldn't scare her off. Reading about other people's lives can be make our own challenges seem more tolerable!

Well I am a woman living by myself in the middle of nowhere
but I have few good friends most are farmers - lumberjack - truckers

My sister is a beef cattle farmer she have huge fields she is my best female friend
she thinks like I do

I dont need anyone to live in my house or on my land or with me = my choice
I pay for everything MYSELF
I know some people think I am a nutcase even if I am not that old
and that I live with animals instead with humans

But yup I am so very happy that way and I dont care of what people think
I am happy that way and will never change it

Country life is so great
And wise people would say you are blessed to know yourself , your needs and desires well enough to act on them.
Living your best life upon the path you currently find yourself on isn't crazy..
It is where you are..it only has to make sense to you..
Someday your path might present changes ..just don't forget in your solitude, our life's path is like a flower that opens n closes with the cosmic sun's light..
Enjoy your path..
Embrace the light...
The moon shines from its light too..
We all do..

👣

Well..if you really want her out and to be done..here is your chance.

Be gentle..but firm.

While she is an adult who has made choices , remember it took both of you to reach this point.

It's OK to test waters & explore new experiences ..a kiss isn't a contract.

If it isn't over..well..I guess we will hear about a grand make up reunion n many of us will have to buy more popcorn.

I believe..the people that come into our lives cross our paths for a reason.
Good and bad..
Learn..

I already have one crazy after me you'all...I don't need the lady's hood rollin me up too..
Lol..
That's why He is in the mess he is in Now...!!!

How come we didn't know dogs were involved?? Somebody is not telling the WHOLE STORY!!😮
They have been since almost the beginning of this thread...!!!

In Fact, this "moved her stuff in including dogs" Is in the OP...!!

Welcome to the **** show.

She showed up early evening yesterday without notice, walked in and started packing up her bathroom stuff and clothing. She did not say a word to me. I debated just walking over and saying "It's not me, it's you" in a kind but firm tone. Instead I went and got her gun and the one she just gave me from the gun room and set them on the bed next to her suitcase then went out to the patio. This was not to entice my own murder as they were both unloaded and cased. Apparently that act was immediately construed as me saying "Nice knowing you, get the **** out" and set her off. She came out and yelled at me for a couple minutes about being an "unlovable *******" and "not worthy of her affection". There was a few other curse laden strings of thought in two or three different languages and something about 2 years of her life wasted. I didn't say a thing, felt like any words that came out of my mouth would just escalate things or make her stay. She went inside them came back out to yell at me some more. Pretty sure there was something about being a heartless prick, how she just wanted some time to think about things, how clearly I am not interested in her sticking around, etc., etc.

She made a few trips out to her car with suitcases and a few totes, then she collected her dogs and met someone at the gate who took them, their beds, dog food, etc. I can only presume it was another friend from work as there was a gold sheriff's star on the back window. I presume they are housing the dogs for her while she works out new living arrangements, but I don't know for sure. Eventually she returned to the patio with less emotion and asked me if I wanted the new furniture or not. I offered to deliver the sofa/chair and anything else she wants to her storage garage and that I would text her once it was there. She told me to keep the used dresser and night stands and anything she has in the kitchen. She rambled for a but then said "I guess that's it... goodbye" and started walking toward the door. She stopped and turned around and said "I'm sorry, but I have to put my needs first". I said, and probably shouldn't have, "You already said goodbye". She mumbled curse words as she walked out.

But wait, there's more!

As I was changing the door code and making plans to reposition a few cameras, I got a series of text messages. They started out like a break up letter or things she just felt she needed to let out, telling me how this could have worked if I was more of this or more of that and that I will probably just be alone forever now. She reiterated that I am an ******* and brought this on myself. Then toward the end she sent this "I suppose now you can go sleep with that red haired waitress who is always flirting with you". I did not send a single text back, but that one made me want to ask more about this waitress. What red head? What restaurant? How did I miss this flirting? Inquiring minds want to know.

I have to clean out the Chevy so I can haul some furniture today. Gotta rip that bandaid off quickly.

So here ends the soap opera....
I have a feeling you are going to miss her lol
Are you going to admit it if you do?
Well I hope she finds a new place fast and takes care of her dogs

Of course I will miss her. Not in a sad lonely sort of way but in a I am currently not having sex and have to hike alone sort of way. I was just starting to get used to having her around and that took almost 2 years. But again I am not a sappy person so I cannot manufacture deep feelings about such things. Life is a series of experiences, some good and some bad, that make us who we are. This one was more good than bad and it taught me a lot.

This chapter may be over, but the book is still going strong. I have a red haired waitress to find and a young grocery store clerk who drops all the tell-tale signs of attraction when I hit her lane.

Of course I will miss her. Not in a sad lonely sort of way but in a I am currently not having sex and have to hike alone sort of way. I was just starting to get used to having her around and that took almost 2 years. But again I am not a sappy person so I cannot manufacture deep feelings about such things. Life is a series of experiences, some good and some bad, that make us who we are. This one was more good than bad and it taught me a lot.

This chapter may be over, but the book is still going strong. I have a red haired waitress to find and a young grocery store clerk who drops all the tell-tale signs of attraction when I hit her lane.
the problem is a lot of women ( I used to be one of them) are attracted to guys like you. They want a "tough guy" but guys like you do not make women happy
I learned my lesson, I am now married ( 26 years) to a nerdy somewhat wimpy ( but good looking) engineer type that cannot fix a car or hit a target really well but he wants to be married and have a family. I don't have to worry about any of the things women with guys like you have to worry about and I don't care if he is a little boring. LOL I am married to Leanard from the big bang theory basically....( complete with allergies and all) but that;s ok

The very things that make you far less prone to PTSD are the things that mess up the what women expect from you.

Don't Mess with the ones You see on a regular basis as They bee wanting more than just a One-Night Stand Sleep-over Event as You should already Know... 2 freaking Years You were with that Beauty and You were just "Getting Used to Her being around", You need Help Brother...!!!

Well...
It's never easy or without drama no matter what end a person is on. ..

I know I've experienced both sides in the past n it sucks either way.

I often repeated the same mistakes in one way or another.

I really had to get real with myself, what I was doing , what makes me tick and get away from pleasure seeking and do some deep diving.

It was really helpful to me to learn alot about my personality , study the psychological aspects of it and how traumas play into that as well.
Growing, healing, expanding awareness on how n what I do in life grows in alignment with the choices I make..good and bad.
Knowing where I want to go, do n be motivates me to make positive choices mainly that are in alignment with what I perceive myself to be.
I f×÷< it up now n then..I'm not perfect..no one is.
I'm sure you both will move on n be better off for it.
I'm glad she has good friends and if you need to vent..were here..
Be gentle tho..shes hurtin

The very things that make you far less prone to PTSD are the things that mess up the what women expect from you.

There is a lot of truth there. Many of my former battle buddies found 'true love' and could no longer do the kind of work we do. And many of them still lay in their beds at night fighting the demons. I don't have any demons that I am aware of and if I do they keep pretty quiet.

Don't Mess with the ones You see on a regular basis as They bee wanting more than just a One-Night Stand Sleep-over Event as You should already Know...

I have engaged many ladies who were heavily focused on their education, career or whatever that had no interest in a relationship. They just wanted to press the sheets and get back to their life goals. I am now available for those ladies as long as they don't follow me home and have enough data to track me down. Might need to join a gym. I have had really good success at gyms.

What I know now is that if they have love in their eyes or aren't okay with hotels/motels, I should run away.

I just read three pages of this to catch up- Sonya's about the soap opera 😂 - though I've never watched one tbh
I am sorry it didn't work out @d_marsh in a mad kind of way I think it could have worked.
My tuppence worth, for the time you were gone, I'd say she had a 'friend' in her ear telling her what to do. I also feel she knew the dogs were ok; which says a lot about you really. I wouldn't judge her for leaving them a night or two. I'd stay away from the redhead tbh, if she is local; don't **** on your own doorstep, as they say here. And maybe tone down the hotness 😂;)

I just read three pages of this to catch up- Sonya's about the soap opera 😂 - though I've never watched one tbh
I am sorry it didn't work out @d_marsh in a mad kind of way I think it could have worked.
My tuppence worth, for the time you were gone, I'd say she had a 'friend' in her ear telling her what to do. I also feel she knew the dogs were ok; which says a lot about you really. I wouldn't judge her for leaving them a night or two. I'd stay away from the redhead tbh, if she is local; don't **** on your own doorstep, as they say here. And maybe tone down the hotness 😂;)

I think you're right. Her best friend at work was a disgruntled divorcee and that's where she is staying.

As far as "local" goes, I live several miles from a large city a mile plus off a long winding highway. I consider everything from here to there as being local, but it would not be easy to find me. I would just lose out on whatever place she works for several months. It's not like a town of 5,000 people where tracking me down would be simple. But rest assured no one will be following me home and moving in on me any time in the near future.

I have engaged many ladies who were heavily focused on their education, career or whatever that had no interest in a relationship. They just wanted to press the sheets and get back to their life goals. I am now available for those ladies as long as they don't follow me home and have enough data to track me down. Might need to join a gym. I have had really good success at gyms.

What I know now is that if they have love in their eyes or aren't okay with hotels/motels, I should run away.
Snowman said:

Don't Mess with the ones You see on a regular basis as They bee wanting more than just a One-Night Stand Sleep-over Event as You should already Know...

Why did You only Quote the 1st sentence and not the Whole Long Post of :

Don't Mess with the ones You see on a regular basis as They bee wanting more than just a One-Night Stand Sleep-over Event as You should already Know... 2 freaking Years You were with that Beauty and You were just "Getting Used to Her being around", You need Help Brother...!!!
...?!? Does the Truth Hurt, even You...?!

Why did You only Quote the 1st sentence and not the Whole Long Post of :

...?!? Does the Truth Hurt, even You...?!

I quoted the part that made sense and ignored the opinion I didn't agree with. I don't need help. I am not sitting here crying into a towel and mourning lost time. I had a sexually active fling that lasted a long time and resulted in many good times together. I wasn't looking for a wife and didn't end with one. I wasn't looking for a roommate and I didn't end up with one. I didn't want a long term commitment and I didn't end up with one. And I made all that clear from the get-go.

So it seems like things worked out just they way they were supposed to. And now I get to walk away a free man with a used dresser and night stand. Turns out keeping your clothes folded in a wood box with drawers is a good way to do it. Throwing them over a chair worked too but turned out to be less organized. Now I just need to sweep up all this dog hair. That's what I need help with.

One of my teammates and fellow ladies man just sent me this. 🤣

traps.jpg

The ladies provide a lot of stress relief, till the drama kicks in.
Yep, Almost 2 years of it, Now comes the Drama Part...!!! ;)

Okay, the compound is secure. New door code, new gate lock, a few cameras have new angles, an additional camera is up, cellular motion devices activated and put back up, sweeping and vacuuming done, sofa and chair delivered to storage garage, futon and lawn chair returned to living space and I took up near 90 seconds to heal and say goodbye to this relationship. Feels better now. Would have taken me perhaps 90 minutes if it wasn't for the these cathartic forum posts. Thank you for being my dating coaches and therapists, even if I don't always agree with your horrible advice and @Hooch wouldn't break it off with her for me. I should have offered to throw in a few 5 gallon buckets of rice and beans or maybe some 9mm.

Now I am off to the pizza place to see if they have a red haired waitress who is into self-absorbed attractive but arrogant men who only want to use them for delicious Italian pizza pies and intense short term carnal knowledge. Just kidding. I feel I should wait at least 24 hours, perhaps even 48, to let things cool down before jumping into the fire again. I just had sex a few days ago so I should be able to hold out. I am going to get that pizza though. Hopefully the counter person is ugly. Like Hillary Clinton ugly.

Hooch wouldn't break it off for her with me?
I don't understand what you mean ?
You may have missed the part where you were going to play the part of his relationship coach, ...............
post 252 and 254,

Latest posts

Back