The Ladies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t know $400,000 could produce $80,000 in interest per year.

It absolutely can, depending on the investors skill and luck, or if they serve in the US Senate and use insider trading. But I never said that was how much I would invest, I said that was approx. how much I would be willing to spend on a property. My return would be based on the totality of my investment. I would never spend more than 25% of my money on anything. If I did that I might have to get a real job.

I found a sweet place, but the lady shot me the evil eye and said "no".

It's a furnished room for rent, has its own bathroom and a combo washer/dryer, however that works, and one garage stall. The room is in a pretty nice 4 bedroom house and only costs $700 a month. The 3 women who live there are looking for someone in law enforcement, corrections, military or security due to recent concerns about crime in the city. Julie, the homeowner that resides in the master suite, is a chesty 28 year old nurse with long brown hair.

View attachment 161203

View attachment 161204
NO!

It absolutely can, depending on the investors skill and luck, or if they serve in the US Senate and use insider trading. But I never said that was how much I would invest, I said that was approx. how much I would be willing to spend on a property. My return would be based on the totality of my investment. I would never spend more than 25% of my money on anything. If I did that I might have to get a real job.
I figured I was off on my math… but to me the math doesn’t matter when you can own real property and not relay on a banking system the could go belly-up tomorrow.

I guess it’s not a concern for you and you and the lady will probably be fine.

That's what she said.

The daughter keeps suggesting we all just move into a 3 bedroom in the same complex. Apparently there are no lease issues if you jump apartments. Feels a little to soon to me and the lady. She just wants me to cook for her.
The rent is high there. You could always stay with them if you sold and didn't find a place immediately! Only you two can say if it's too soon! Living closer and having your own place will be a big transition. My favorite cousin and her guy were together 25 years (she very recently lost him to cancer), they each had their own place and it worked great for them! If y'all are even thinking it's too soon, then it's too soon in my opinion (everyone knows I have an opinion, lol)! Don't do anything you'll regret!! There's no rush!

I figured I was off on my math… but to me the math doesn’t matter when you can own real property and not relay on a banking system the could go belly-up tomorrow.

We can only own land as long as the system is up and running. If the banks collapse, then the system collapses and all we own is what we can defend. Deeds won't matter anymore and all of our digital money will disappear. Then only my container of guns and food will have value.

I rented or lived in someone else's quarters for 39 years all the while banking 50-80% of my income and watching it grow and grow through compounding interest. I personally believe the banking system is using propaganda to convince Americans to buy when it's not always the best option, because mortgages are where they make most of their money. Did you know the slogan "American dream" actually came from a home loan ad post WWII? And it has been repeated millions of times since.

The rent is high there. You could always stay with them if you sold and didn't find a place immediately! Only you two can say if it's too soon! Living closer and having your own place will be a big transition. My favorite cousin and her guy were together 25 years (she very recently lost him to cancer), they each had their own place and it worked great for them! If y'all are even thinking it's too soon, then it's too soon in my opinion (everyone knows I have an opinion, lol)! Don't do anything you'll regret!! There's no rush!

She has made that offer. Rent is high but there are tons of options in every price and size range. A year in temporary housing to let things play out naturally won't hurt either of us, rushing into things just gets you a semi-cold sex-based relationship and a flight back to Brazil.

I could drop $25k on a older used camper and live in that or just move into a cheap hotel. It doesn't take much to keep my happy.

https://www.rd.com/list/how-the-american-dream-has-changed/

1725303530033.png

The American Dream​

Everybody dreams of something, whether it is to one day become financially independent, buy their very first house, become their own boss, or start a family. That’s why one of the most prominent, well-known, and revolutionary catchphrases of the United States, for close to 90 years, has been the idea of living the “American Dream.”

While the phrase has grown and expanded to mean many different things to many different people, its rise to popularity started in 1931, when famed historian and writer James Truslow Adams wrote in his book The Epic of America about “the American dream, that dream of a land in which life should be better and richer and fuller for every man, with opportunity for each according to his ability or achievement.” Read on for a closer look at the American Dream through the years.

This is how the rich get richer:
And… the poor get poorer:

:oops:

I found a sweet place, but the lady shot me the evil eye and said "no".

It's a furnished room for rent, has its own bathroom and a combo washer/dryer, however that works, and one garage stall. The room is in a pretty nice 4 bedroom house and only costs $700 a month. The 3 women who live there are looking for someone in law enforcement, corrections, military or security due to recent concerns about crime in the city. Julie, the homeowner that resides in the master suite, is a chesty 28 year old nurse with long brown hair.

View attachment 161203

View attachment 161204
Well...humm...lol..I'd say that's a tempting fit for you..perfect for those ladies in the house. You would probably be eating well and pampered somewhat like a king...I imagine..

But... I can see it might make your new relationship moderately more interesting and challenging..

Depends what you want..what living arrangement aligns with what future you would like?

The Universe will align with your heart if you listen..you might have to cut out some noise to hear it tho friend..

I think tho renting something would be wise..so your options for relocation either with her in your state or alone or out of state with her is doable .

There is a neeto place in S. Dakota that one can buy a bunker either a whole one and make it really livable or buy a room in one already decked out. It's in a community you have to apply into as well and has many options especially for someone with your skills. You could live and work there employing what you do best. And a hot spring..public one but it's not too terribly far from it.
Wyoming looks beautiful..as well as Idaho is..more northern idaho tho..

There is a neeto place in S. Dakota that one can buy a bunker either a whole one and make it really livable or buy a room in one already decked out. It's in a community you have to apply into as well and has many options especially for someone with your skills. You could live and work there employing what you do best. And a hot spring..public one but it's not too terribly far from it.

Hmmmmmm. Very interesting.

Is this the place you are referring to? Southwest part of S.D., south of the Black Hills.

https://www.terravivos.com/vivosxpoint.php

Last edited:
Yes..probably is..although you didn't say i believe it is in that area..do you know anything about it?
What I know is really not relevant to it. I have researched this site before, but have never toured the place. When I drive to the Black Hills from Colorado, I drive through Edgemont, the community closest to the bunkers, but have never seen these bunkers.

This area is west of the Pine Ridge reservation but I don't know how close it is. I don't know what the impact of crime from the reservation is, but probably not much there.

If you view the videos, you can see that it is sparse and without a doubt windy! The video says this is the Black Hills, but I see no mountains (Black Hills) or trees like you see in the Hills. It is more prairie like. But no doubt the Hills are not far from there.

If you watch the video, they talk about not having a very good grocery store. Edgemont is a small town., 725 population in 2020. Its 81 miles from Rapid City where there are more shopping opportunities. It is about 29 miles from Hot Springs which has had a Veterans home for many years, and is a little larger, 3,395.

What I know is really not relevant to it. I have researched this site before, but have never toured the place. When I drive to the Black Hills from Colorado, I drive through Edgemont, the community closest to the bunkers, but have never seen these bunkers.

This area is west of the Pine Ridge reservation but I don't know how close it is. I don't know what the impact of crime from the reservation is, but probably not much there.

If you view the videos, you can see that it is sparse and without a doubt windy! The video says this is the Black Hills, but I see no mountains (Black Hills) or trees like you see in the Hills. It is more prairie like. But no doubt the Hills are not far from there.

If you watch the video, they talk about not having a very good grocery store. Edgemont is a small town., 725 population in 2020. Its 81 miles from Rapid City where there are more shopping opportunities. It is about 29 miles from Hot Springs which has had a Veterans home for many years, and is a little larger, 3,395.
Interesting… I’m having a bad life at the moment and would be fine with checking-out from society, but…. A place with no trees is no place for me.

I've watched the videos and was seriously looking into it at one point. I still might but alot hinges on my brother moving out here. If my brother really wants to be here., likes it n all that..we both could do alot with the acreage I have..help eachother out and be pretty secure here.
If it doesn't work out, life happens, he ends up not moving or really isn't into this area after being here for a bit. ..I'm open to moving. I'd still make a huge profit off the property so I'm sitting good. I'd like to check this out..it looks very ..my style. I won't like the super cold winters but I don't like it here in winter either so ..whatever..I can stay busy inside.
Or, we both sell our properties buy something elsewhere slap in a atlas bunker..house needs to have a basement and just a few acres for a garden and space and big enough for our own personal space needs, especially if we end up with a significant other . The older we both get the less crap we want to deal with and clean.
Be a bonus if it had a pool.. I could deal with that..
I think my brother might like that community..seems like it attracts alot of ex military folks so he would be in familiar turf. Who knows..alot can happen tho between now n then..might be a non issue soon the way things are going..

Both of the ladies went to pick up smash-burgers from a local place that they claim are amazing. I chuckled when the lady refused to have them delivered because it was $6 extra and she was not going to waste that money between the fee and the tip. Guess she is somewhat frugal after all. Either way I found myself sitting here all alone so I cleaned the kitchen and poured a glass of water for the lady and a glass of Coca Cola for the daughter and me. I am not sure if I am going to stay over or head for home soon. The lack of activity today has made me sleepy so I might just stay over, although that will surely result in increased activity. Plus I just got a text from the firm "Call in. 9am Tuesday." so maybe staying is the better choice either way. The woman from the firm makes those angry old school lunch ladies from my youth seem like a main course of personality with a side of whimsy.

While the area around the bunkers do seem barren, I have been to the nearby black hills and it's heavily wooded in places.
I’ve been to the Black Hills (and surrounding areas) three times. First time was a road trip on bikes with a friend from Michigan. That’s when I knew that was like my second home. Second time I rode there and back alone. Third time was shortly after my dad died and took a vacation there with a motorhome and my mom… and my bike on the back with a mount/bracket I built to haul my bike without a trailer.

So, yes I know. Maybe it will be my home after all

Back