The Ladies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[Me and lady standing in the kitchen.]

Daughter [facing away from us] Are you staying tonight?

Lady: Of course he is.

Me: Well, I was... [interrupted].

Lady: Of course he is [as she flashes me].

Me: Of course I am.

[No patience required]

The daughter might not be looking for a stepdad but I think she’s in the market for a personal chef.

It's not easy being the total package.

trophy.jpg

So last night we are having some pillow chat about "first times". I drifted back to Charlene, the strawberry blonde freckled covered 14 year old girl who wanted to play show and tell after her mom went to work and ended up showing me the wonderful world of female parts and how they work. I was younger than her for the record and only knew her because we lived in the same building. Anyway after that one educational afternoon I continued to explore this enticing new world until our paths cross again when she was 16 or 17. Seems our first entanglement resulted in a delayed lady cycle and a 5-6 days of rampaging worry and fear, something she never shared with me at the time; she just put me on ignore and left me there. When we met for the second time she decided we should repeat our initial experiment since we had already been in physical contact prior. This happened in the concession booth of a local swimming pool while she was on break. I had improved my capabilities and tried my best to show her that, but for whatever reason she put me back on ignore. I saw her again a few years after that in a movie theater lobby and we ended up driving to a nice dark place with little traffic to continue our sporadic show and tell program. After the event she told me she was sick but it was not catchy and I needed to get her back to the theater before her mom arrived to pick her up. I tried calling her but she never took my calls. Eventually I enlisted and left everything and everyone behind. When I got home today I decided I wanted to look Charlene up and see whatever became of her. I could not find her so I used some special resources only to find she died of leukemia a few months after I left for basic. I am not sure why I am posting this, other than the whole thing made me feel a certain way and even after calling the lady it still seem really weird that I just went on with my life and never knew. Anyway every awesome car I have ever owned, and there have been at least 3 of them, I called or call Charlene.

So last night we are having some pillow chat about "first times". I drifted back to Charlene, the strawberry blonde freckled covered 14 year old girl who wanted to play show and tell after her mom went to work and ended up showing me the wonderful world of female parts and how they work. I was younger than her for the record and only knew her because we lived in the same building. Anyway after that one educational afternoon I continued to explore this enticing new world until our paths cross again when she was 16 or 17. Seems our first entanglement resulted in a delayed lady cycle and a 5-6 days of rampaging worry and fear, something she never shared with me at the time; she just put me on ignore and left me there. When we met for the second time she decided we should repeat our initial experiment since we had already been in physical contact prior. This happened in the concession booth of a local swimming pool while she was on break. I had improved my capabilities and tried my best to show her that, but for whatever reason she put me back on ignore. I saw her again a few years after that in a movie theater lobby and we ended up driving to a nice dark place with little traffic to continue our sporadic show and tell program. After the event she told me she was sick but it was not catchy and I needed to get her back to the theater before her mom arrived to pick her up. I tried calling her but she never took my calls. Eventually I enlisted and left everything and everyone behind. When I got home today I decided I wanted to look Charlene up and see whatever became of her. I could not find her so I used some special resources only to find she died of leukemia a few months after I left for basic. I am not sure why I am posting this, other than the whole thing made me feel a certain way and even after calling the lady it still seem really weird that I just went on with my life and never knew. Anyway every awesome car I have ever owned, and there have been at least 3 of them, I called or call Charlene.
Glad it wasn't a "Christine"...?!?

y I decided I wanted to look Charlene up and see whatever became of her. I could not find her so I used some special resources only to find she died of leukemia a few months after I left for basic. I am not sure why I am posting this, other than the whole thing made me feel a certain way and even after calling the lady it still seem really weird that I just went on with my life and never knew. Anyway every awesome car I have ever owned, and there have been at least 3 of them, I called or call Charlene.
my first real boyfriend is already dead also, also cancer about 5 years ago, my brother told me, they knew each other and it's a small town , so is one of my best friends ( girl) from highschool. It's so weird to hear that sort of thing even if you haven't had any contact with these people since highschool. Made me feel sad and old

Grand National?
I guess I've been lucky. I'm not aware of any friends, even romantic ones, who have died over the years.

Indeed, Buck Grand National.

I have now lost 3 former sexual partners. But only Charlene was innocent in life, the other two were less so. One died in a drunk driving car accident where she was a passenger in the car, and the other died of cancer in her 30's after a long horrible battle.

my first real boyfriend is already dead also, also cancer about 5 years ago, my brother told me, they knew each other and it's a small town , so is one of my best friends ( girl) from highschool. It's so weird to hear that sort of thing even if you haven't had any contact with these people since highschool. Made me feel sad and old

I felt sad but I didn't feel old until I realized that first night of show and tell was 31 years ago. Then I felt old.

I won't get into the gritty details, but I also found out last night that the lady had a high school sweet heart who she was deeply in teenage love with. He wanted to get down with the deed but she was not ready. Eventually he talked her into it asserting that someday they would be married anyway, so why wait? A short time later he broke up with her and went to college several states away. She was less than happy. Then after a period without a man in her life, she met the diminutive dentist who at the time was apparently very attentive and sweet with a seemingly bright future ahead of him. He was less manly and more dependable than the high school jock was. This time she was going to hold out for a ring, and she did. Then he got her pregnant in dental school not realizing that a ring on a finger and a bun in an oven was not enough to keep people happy. After a few years of marital strife, along came a man who lived across the street that attended the same social and neighborhood events that the dentist and the lady attended. He had a very bitchy wife and saw that the lady was unhappy, so he tried very hard to woo her away from her husband. She liked him and the attention he offered, but not enough to tarnish her wedding vows with adultery. A few more years later Dr. Diddle decided he was fine with extramarital affairs and that relationship came to an end. She was all alone, swearing off men, until this very handsome rugged beefcake asked her if she wanted to share his table. She decided to hold out and make him earn her bedroom favor, but his masculinity and angelic voice were just too much for her and she gave herself to him in a cheap hotel before deciding she was in charge of all things physical and forced him to become her personal boy-toy. He died many many years later from physical exhaustion and dehydration, but also from smiling so much.

Last edited:
Well guess what? The lady is about 10-15 minutes away from the compound, and she is bringing taco truck food with her. She said she didn't like the idea of me being here alone tonight. It's weird having someone around concerned about me, but now that I have it I don't think I want to go back to living without it.

GN was the fastest 6 on the block, with a little tweaking you could get it up to a good CS/A car.
My sister had a friend who kept trying to tweak his to catch her 68 Charger R/T I Built into a 383 CS/A
on either end. but gave up at the four car length and 2500 dollar in Back then the most important thing was ignition, cam and carburetor tuning.

With the GN the available turbo tuning technology was not nearly what it is now, if it had been they would have been doing 600+HP monsters.

GN was the fastest 6 on the block, with a little tweaking you could get it up to a good CS/A car.
My sister had a friend who kept trying to tweak his to catch her 68 Charger R/T I Built into a 383 CS/A
on either end. but gave up at the four car length and 2500 dollar in Back then the most important thing was ignition, cam and carburetor tuning.

With the GN the available turbo tuning technology was not nearly what it is now, if it had been they would have been doing 600+HP monsters.
They were good looking rides too

So she is here, burritos have been consumed and she is now in the bedroom putting new sheets, pillow cases and a new comforter on the bed. I offered to help but its going to be a surprise I guess. They might not be brand new, might be something she already had. Either way my bedroom is not going to be the same. Turns out she is skipping work tonight and staying over, then we will both head back tomorrow for date night. And I already have fun plans for that.

It's weird having someone around concerned about me, but now that I have it I don't think I want to go back to living without it.
I have thought about what is different in this relationship from any of the others for both of you. Chemistry is one thing, and anyone who has experienced a strong attraction to someone that they just met knows what I'm talking about. It isn't just about looks, but that plays a part. And then there are values and beliefs that jive, or not. And love languages. That plays into relationships. You covered many bases with the charcuterie picnic, the art museum, the zoo, the flowers, the cookies, but something about you singing to her seemed to be what really spoke to her, but only after enough time has been spent and enjoyed between the two of you. It is like peeling the layers off of an onion, getting to the heart of each other.

And her gifts to you have been very personal and thoughtful, about the two of you.

And maybe it is all coming together for the two of you, who really deserve each other in what seems to be a great thing after all the hurts that life has thrown at both of you.

Better start looking for a ring. By what you have told us about her, I would get her at least a 3 carat diamond solitaire

The one special trait that binds us like no other is the mutual and eternal desire to never submit to a government issued relationship license. We are both confident that if we ever choose to make a lifelong commitment, we can do so without the approval of local tax collecting functionaries.

Besides, if anyone is buying anyone a diamond ring, it's going to be her. I am a trophy boyfriend and I deserve shiny things!

trap.png

I have thought about what is different in this relationship from any of the others for both of you. Chemistry is one thing, and anyone who has experienced a strong attraction to someone that they just met knows what I'm talking about. It isn't just about looks, but that plays a part. And then there are values and beliefs that jive, or not. And love languages. That plays into relationships. You covered many bases with the charcuterie picnic, the art museum, the zoo, the flowers, the cookies, but something about you singing to her seemed to be what really spoke to her, but only after enough time has been spent and enjoyed between the two of you. It is like peeling the layers off of an onion, getting to the heart of each other.

And her gifts to you have been very personal and thoughtful, about the two of you.

And maybe it is all coming together for the two of you, who really deserve each other in what seems to be a great thing after all the hurts that life has thrown at both of you.

I do not disagree. I feel like a starving African child in the hot months who was just handed a bowl full of creamy frozen custard. It's amazing and I want more, but I am still just not sure what to make of it.

Tuesday Night:

The lady showed up last night with burritos, but also with several large tote bags. The second I met her at the car she showered me with affection and said "I know you're made from tougher stuff, but you sounded a little pensive on the phone and I was not going to just let you be out here all alone". Then she told me she took the day off work and was going to spend all of Wednesday with me. We went inside and devoured the burritos before they went cold, then retrieved the tote bags which contained bedding and other items. We placed them in the bedroom and she told me to get out. And to be clear I did not say she asked me to leave the room, she told me to get out. I cleaned up after dinner and took some bacon out of the freezer as she toiled away in the bedroom. Eventually she appeared in what I call the living room and added a couple black throw pillows and a huge charcoal grey fleece throw to my futon. She sat down and declared that it was "much better now" and patted the seat next to her. I sat down and asked when I was going to be allowed back into my sleeping space. She told me "later", handed me the remote and said "let's watch a movie". We settled on a modern classic about a male and female who get married before finding out that they are both competing spys. After the flick we sat and visited for a while, I told her my plans for date night and she told me about a potential residence for me. After a while things became physical, like they always do, until she got up and told me to wait right where I was.

After 10 minutes or so she shouted for me to join her in the bedroom. I was greeted with a feminine bedding set; medium purple silky pillow cases, light purple silky sheets, a white fleece blanket, a silvery grey comforter with Japanese cherry blossoms - long narrow dark brown branches with small white flowers - all over them. On my nightstand was a round white Amazon echo, a medium purple candle and a white candle. On her side was a Japanese lantern/lamp with matching cherry blossoms painted onto it. The candles were lit, the lantern was on low and had a led bulb that mimicked the flicker of the candle flames, the echo was playing soft romantic music and the room smelled of lavender and vanilla. The lady was wearing a very short silver colored robe that also featured Japanese cherry blossoms. After giving me a come hither look and meeting me in the middle of the room she said "time to break in the new mattress pad". The rest of this paragraph will just have to be left to your imagination, but I instantly found myself not caring in any way about my new purple sheets and hoped that the NSA agent listening through the smart speaker enjoyed the next few hours as much as I did.

Later, as we laid next to one another talking she said the mattress pad was new but the rest of the set was not. It was one of three sets she kept in her closet to rotate through, and of course she had to have a full set of accessories for each set. This particular set was about to be replaced and so she decided it could just reside here until it was time to get donated somewhere. She also made it clear my former bedding situation was untenable and most of my stuff should just be tossed or left behind when I move out in the coming weeks. I decided that the upside of this new bedding made the downside insignificant and thanked her for the effort she put in. Fortunately she said we would find a new more neutral set when I got settled into a new place. We continued talking for some time and I don't even recall saying good night or preparing for sleep. I only remember waking up in the early morning hours, looking around the room feeling momentarily out of place, looking over at her and falling right back to sleep.

This morning I woke up to the smell of coffee. I got up, made some bacon and we enjoyed those delicious lite Greek yogurts that were originally designated as last night's dinner along with the crispy strips of salted pork. After deciding it was time to get moving, we went for a hike, sat for a while at my rock, returned to the compound and worked out. She said lifting weights "was fun" but the vastly preferred swimming and yoga. We both got cleaned up and hit the patio for some sun and internet time before the rain is allegedly going to arrive later today. Good thing my date plans did involve the outdoors.

The lady is on her way back to the city to take care of a couple issues that popped up at work, so I will meet here at the apartment in a couple hours to kick off date night. It was still wonderful having her out here and I even showed her the gun room and prep storage. Somewhere deep down I was afraid it might concern her, but she seemed pretty impressed by my arsenal and supplies saying, "based on what I know about you, this all makes perfect sense". I also discovered that she has a preference for stainless steel guns versus black guns and felt my stockpile of wine was woefully under the minimum numbers of bottles one should have. Then she said this "when we get settled someday, we are going to need a lot of storage space". I know I keep saying she is 2 steps ahead of me, but now I am starting to think she is 3 steps ahead of me.

The lady is on her way back to the city to take care of a couple issues that popped up at work, so I will meet here at the apartment in a couple hours to kick off date night. It was still wonderful having her out here and I even showed her the gun room and prep storage. Somewhere deep down I was afraid it might concern her, but she seemed pretty impressed by my arsenal and supplies saying, "based on what I know about you, this all makes perfect sense". I also discovered that she has a preference for stainless steel guns versus black guns and felt my stockpile of wine was woefully under the minimum numbers of bottles one should have. Then she said this "when we get settled someday, we are going to need a lot of storage space". I know I keep saying she is 2 steps ahead of me, but now I am starting to think she is 3 steps ahead of me.
More than three 😉

Back