The Ladies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After cooking breakfast and dinner, with the daughter watching me prepare tonight's meal quite intently, it seems she is ready for me to move in or schedule sleep overs to coincide with meals. She asked if she could help me cook the next time I make them something, which will be tomorrow, so it seems we are bonding. She even took pics to post on her social media. I got the stuff for smores at the store and am hoping to coax them out of their central air induced blanket piles long enough to go sit on the roof top patio with me tonight.

Last edited:
Slow Down Tiger(ess)...

1725229804462.png

Your "Humour" from previous post has not not impressed me at all. I really hope you tone iit down for her kids and not so colorfull around them.

Then I guess you shouldn't read my posts or put me on ignore. I tone it down here to keep the mods off my back. The lady and her one adult kid and I are on the same page when it comes to humor.

Last edited:
You had me at "not at all". We're not the marrying kind. She was burned by her own marriage and I grew up pretty much alone because of another marriage.
I dated/lived with my Hunny 8 1/2 years before we married. We have now been married a little over 16 years. I totally get it! I married a man who had 3 boys and I had 1. We now have 6 grandbabies all from his 3 boys and I count them all as my own and if you ask those babies they will all say I am there Nana!

Sorry, but when I hear kid, I think young. Adult kid is very different than a young child.
If you read through this whole thread, the things that seem to be bothering you are spelled out more in detail. It has been a fun thread to follow and we have gotten to know him more than we know many others who have been here for years.

So the post-sunset roof top patio smores-fest went over well and we even fed smores to another couple who came up to enjoy the view and found us occupying the space. They were just going to leave but I'm social and invited them to just join us. Turns out they both work from home, something I thought would go away after covid. He is an electrical engineer and she does something with distribution for a clothing maker. We won't be taking any vacations together in the near future, but they seemed like good but slightly misguided people who were both pro-immigrant in the city but anti-crime. That's like being pro-ice cream but hating dairy farms. They left long before us, as did the daughter, and we got to have some low light flickering flame cuddle time under the stars. That led to me being thankful the lady brought a large soft blanket with her so we could take full advantage of the romantic setting without getting arrested. Ha! Who am I kidding, there aren't enough cops in this city to arrest violent felons let alone people engaged in adventurous rooftop coupling.

Needless to say I slept in this morning, am still tired, and no one is getting a homemade breakfast. I did manage to order some pastries and donuts which I picked up in the lobby before I saw a single female moving inside the apartment. Morning stimulation was provided by Keurig and Caribou Coffee k-cups, although I did have multiple brand and flavor options. The lady is now on the sofa with me, one again covered in blankets, Apple earbuds in listening to music, and looking at me every few minutes with that little smile. Her PB&J donut is sitting near her as she is waiting to fully wake up before consuming it. While the daughter is still fast asleep, I did pick out a couple overly chocolate options for her that I am sure she will love.

Eventually here I am going to go workout in the facilities athletic center and maybe even hit the swimming pool. Lazy Sunday will not become lazy Monday, but it may end up only being semi-active indolent Monday. I also have another dinner to make, but it will be simpler than last nights fair.

Last edited:
Buying doesn’t limit a person’s options. It means you can get your money back. Albeit renting makes it easier to cut ties and run, but there’s usually a binding lease.

Edit: Buying (or building) a place similar to the pics in post #1,127 would be essential maintenance-free for 20+ years, and with a heat floor, with wood burning stove as backup and for cooking, and a generator… living off grid should be easy enough with proper planning.

Last edited:
Buying doesn’t limit a person’s options. It means you can get your money back. Albeit renting makes it easier to cut ties and run, but there’s usually a binding lease.

Edit: Buying (or building) a place similar to the pics in post #1,127 would be essential maintenance-free for 20+ years, and with a heat floor, with wood burning stove as backup and for cooking, and a generator… living off grid should be easy enough with proper planning.
BUY LAND AND BUILD WHAT YOU WANT!!!!

Buying at the peak of a real-estate bubble limits a lot of options, especially my not recovering my money 12 months from now when it could be time to move. I bought my place in a buyers market and sold it in a sellers market. Anything I do now would be the opposite.

I will just let that money sit earning 9-12% interest for a year and then buy or build.

Buying at the peak of a real-estate bubble limits a lot of options, especially my not recovering my money 12 months from now when it could be time to move. I bought my place in a buyers market and sold it in a sellers market. Anything I do now would be the opposite.

I will just let that money sit earning 9-12% interest for a year and then buy or build.
I hear ya and understand. Still, 20-30 $k a year is a lot to toss to the wind when renting.

Ooh!! Nice!! I say rent for awhile..don't buy so your options are open..

I found a sweet place, but the lady shot me the evil eye and said "no".

It's a furnished room for rent, has its own bathroom and a combo washer/dryer, however that works, and one garage stall. The room is in a pretty nice 4 bedroom house and only costs $700 a month. The 3 women who live there are looking for someone in law enforcement, corrections, military or security due to recent concerns about crime in the city. Julie, the homeowner that resides in the master suite, is a chesty 28 year old nurse with long brown hair.

r1.png

r2.png

I know a woman who owns a mansion who rents out rooms but has been about developing more of a community. She is straight, divorced, older, an architect. Some of her roommates are LGBQT so that could be different kind of thing that wouldn't work for some. $1100 a month.
I personally prefer to live alone.

Latest posts

Back