This weeks preps check-in

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, I saw that and was looking for your new pistol in the picture. Then I realized what you were saying and I couldn't remember how to spell it either. I looked up "pistil" and it wasn't that so I looked up "mortar and" and let it fill out the rest.

It's "pestle."

I should correct that, but it’s too funny!

My wife is in the process of restoring a cast iron Mortar and Pestle. Probably a Pharmacy one from 1870’s. If I can find the pestle, I’ll will post.

Just plan to do more hunting after surviving the BS AND SHTF....
I did some canning today with bread and butter pickles, got a new radial saw, batteries, nails, screws and a new flashight. Keep prepping family, live free, Gary
Last week the wife and I bought our hunting and fishing licenses. We also both got our deer, elk, bear, wolf, mt lion, turkey, muzzle loader, salmon and steelhead tags. Obviously we won't bag everything on the list but we should easily fill the freezer and the smoke house. Except for the salmon and steelhead, everything is found in abundance here on our property.

I know it's not much but Joann's had cotten fabric sells this last week. I did get a top quilt worth during the sales and using gift cards so didn't cost me a thing. Have to say the fabric choices are getting limited for my choice. Maybe I am just getting old.

Last week the wife and I bought our hunting and fishing licenses. We also both got our deer, elk, bear, wolf, mt lion, turkey, muzzle loader, salmon and steelhead tags. Obviously we won't bag everything on the list but we should easily fill the freezer and the smoke house. Except for the salmon and steelhead, everything is found in abundance here on our property.
Any salmon and steelhead on the neighbors place? We can make a run...

I know it's not much but Joann's had cotten fabric sells this last week. I did get a top quilt worth during the sales and using gift cards so didn't cost me a thing. Have to say the fabric choices are getting limited for my choice. Maybe I am just getting old.
Gee, I can picture you in a flannel shirt and jeans.
But that what I picture most of the female members in.
Except for AH, think she tries to fit in with her neighbors.

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Ok...ok...I was wrong again! My nerves trying to count baby rabitts....wgen first born...there are 8! That's my final answer! Been checking them daily...week old today! (Well, I assume born last Tuesday night, were in nest by last Wed. Morn. l can confirm.
This picture is as of today, I took them out of nest, counted, confirmed all have full bellies, and moving to about jump out of my hand when picked up.

Attachments

• IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 0
Ok...ok...I was wrong again! My nerves trying to count baby rabitts....wgen first born...there are 8! That's my final answer! Been checking them daily...week old today! (Well, I assume born last Tuesday night, were in nest by last Wed. Morn. l can confirm.
This picture is as of today, I took them out of nest, counted, confirmed all have full bellies, and moving to about jump out of my hand when picked up.
Is the finale answer 7?

Just placed a order with 4 Patriots for some long term storage food .
I've heard about them for years . Didn't know they were out of Nashville .

I have a years worth for 4 people from them and a few more years from several other companies. All are comparable.

I find their shipping prices over the top. I ordered some seeds from them and the shipping got me...my mistake, somehow I didn't catch the shipping before I put order through, But after the fact. I could have sent those damn seeds anywhere in coutnty for less than $5bucks. Plus, I have yet to see zero harvest from any of those seeds. I have also ordered food from them...Meh! Personally, not crazy about them overall, so I don't order from them aymore. Hopefully, your experience is much better. Mileage may vary like everything else, but for me, personally, ...No!...Shipping 50% of the cost of the product...is hard NO for me.

Her is copy of the Victory seed order I placed back in 2002: 🖕
Shopping cart
Product imageDescriptionQuantityPrice
Victory Garden Seed Vault Kit - 9,919 seeds

Victory Garden Seed Vault1$29.95
Scroll for more items
Cost summary
DescriptionPrice
Subtotal$29.95
Shipping$14.95
TotalUSD $44.90

I find their shipping prices over the top. I ordered some seeds from them and the shipping got me...my mistake, somehow I didn't catch the shipping before I put order through, But after the fact. I could have sent those damn seeds anywhere in coutnty for less than $5bucks. Plus, I have yet to see zero harvest from any of those seeds. I have also ordered food from them...Meh! Personally, not crazy about them overall, so I don't order from them aymore. Hopefully, your experience is much better. Mileage may vary like everything else, but for me, personally, ...No!...Shipping 50% of the cost of the product...is hard NO for me.

Her is copy of the Victory seed order I placed back in 2002: 🖕
Shopping cart
Product imageDescriptionQuantityPrice
Victory Garden Seed Vault Kit - 9,919 seeds

Victory Garden Seed Vault1$29.95
Scroll for more items
Cost summary
DescriptionPrice
Subtotal$29.95
Shipping$14.95
TotalUSD $44.90
That's about what they charged for multiple food buckets . I don't order long term stuff very often . So I wasn't really concerned with it . They will go in storage and sit .

So I got the lights connected in the chicken coop. I then plugged the cord in to the inverter. Dang, I wired the plug backwards and ruined inverter #1. So I change the wires around and grab inverter #2. While I was connecting it to the battery I arced the positive/negative posts. Fried inverter #2. Got online and ordered inverter #3. It should be here on the 27th. I'm not an electrician.

So I got the lights connected in the chicken coop. I then plugged the cord in to the inverter. Dang, I wired the plug backwards and ruined inverter #1. So I change the wires around and grab inverter #2. While I was connecting it to the battery I arced the positive/negative posts. Fried inverter #2. Got online and ordered inverter #3. It should be here on the 27th. I'm not an electrician.
You go through almost as many inverters as I do, LOL

Latest posts

Back