This weeks preps check-in

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Mr. Silent Bob,
I learned a lot from you explanation.
Thank you for your service to all of US.
God bless you!
Lindy

Lindy,

We are all learning here...as for the service...it was an adventure of a lifetime, but thank you.

Regards,

Yeah, at DragonCon last year (Sci-Fi convention in Atlanta). In person, he's actually a very quiet, soft-spoken guy...until he gets on a stage...then he's full on Kirk mode...hehe. Oddly enough, we actually passed each other in the hall the day before the photo. He remembered mostly because I just said "Hello Bill" and nodded. (he was trying to be incognito, and get from panel to panel during the convention). He was surprised I just said that, and didn't call him out to everyone, and he said it was good to feel like a normal human being for a change. My buddy caught it a few seconds later, and went, "Was that?......Shatner?" lol....

Sulu, on the other hand, is a stand on the soapbox kind of guy, always going on and on about gay rights, ever since coming out. That's fine and all, but man, don't beat us over the head with it, huh? Nice enough guy, just tends to ramble a bit. Some funny stories though, about costars trying to hook him up, while he was closeted.

That's what I like about that convention, lots of chances to just talk with folks you've seen in movies and on TV for years. I got to speak with Erin Gray (from Buck Rogers) for quite some time. Turns out she once owned a horse ranch (and she's still a knockout). Granted, you won't get much time with A or B listers, but for others.... Once chatted with Worf and Jordy from Star Trek, along with the guy who plays Grumpy on Once Upon A Time, for a good half hour (he was next to them at the autograph tables). Fun bunch of guys.

It's nice to get to know them, even a little bit, as normal people. I thought my wife was going to be a star-struck little girl, but luckily, she kept her cool pretty well....well, at least until meeting Ian Somerhaulder....(Damion from Vampire Diaries).

If you're into this kind of thing, I'd highly recommend going to one (of the Conventions). Anyhow, didn't mean to sidetrack...my apologies. Carry on, hehe.......

Gazrok,

I've been bugging my old friend that works at Disney to get the right from Paramount to the entire "Star Trek TM", movie and series rights. He told me that it would not happen because Disney already has the rights to Star Wars and Marvel line. Back when Paramount had the experience in Vegas, I use to drag the wife...she is not a sci-fi person. However, she did go see Godzilla with me and its like the old TOHO movies. If you haven't been, its not as bad as the reviews have made it out to be. Don't want to be a spoiler, so will stop right there, but I already have my copy on order. I've been writing for about 7 years now to the Disney head office that they should jump on Star Trek and D.C. comics. Would it not be great to see a new Disney Park at Orlando that offers new attractions. While the kids are now grown, it sure would allow me one day to hope that I could take my grandchildren and enjoy the experience of the two best Sci-fi series. Disney still owns the rights to the Indiana Jones series, even though the attraction has been pulled for many years.

Definitely, one day...I think we should start a thread about DVD movies that we need to pack if SHTF bug out kit...lol.

Thumbs up on taste of Linda Gray...something about her in that white jump suit...:)
Later

Yep, already have a good start on the movie collection. Mostly, I concentrate on the movies that just are required viewing, like the classic blockbusters, and comedies. Doubt we'd have power for the 60" and surround sound, but damn, I'll miss that....

Broke ground on my new shooting range. Gonna be 40 ft wide, 150ft long. Starting at ground level, then gradually digging down to 8 ft below ground level at target sight.
This was my fathers day from my wife.
Luckily my neighbor just bought the articulated front loader and needs the practice, I got a best buddy deal on the hour charges.
I have only waited 14 years for this.
Thank you honey!!!!!<3
aqugame2.jpg
e7yve7e6.jpg

Ok, finished the shooting range today. Had planned on going 8 ft into the ground but between the red clay and caliche ( hard white earth, ancient sea creature skeletons) we were only able to go 4 ft down. Has 7 ft side walls and a 25 ft back stop.
Now I gotta get the Sheriff to come approve it for use.
If you own less than 10 acres in Texas it has to be approved. Hope to be shooting soon.

this week,more food cans,new rifle,more ammo for the rifle,looks like I will get carrots,beets,potatoes and a variety of berries from my garden,one thing I forget every week when I go to the store is milk-powder,I leave notes to my self and when I return from store...no milk-powder,

forgetting something at the store is the very reason for me making my self a list of things to get..and powdered milk is one thing i got this time..
i finally had time yesterday evening to transplant my tomatoes and okra from the flats and into the ground..didn't water them untill this morning..now its a matter of waiting to see how things go with them..

Let's hope for the best :)
I oughta know by now,more that 3 items to get,make a list

next time I might write it on my forehead,just to remember it or I go ti IKEA and buy a blackboard and some chalks
and hang it on my door ;)

I was looking for som mags for my gun but the dealers having his vacation and will return at the end of this month

Let's hope for the best :)
I oughta know by now,more that 3 items to get,make a list
I turned 50 this year, now I need a list to remember where my list is! Lol

more that 3 items to get,make a list
I just turned 60, I need a list for a single item, some string tied to a finger to remind me to take the list, and a post-it note on the computer screen to remind me what the string was for.

Just took delivery of a second water tank, the truck couldn't get it on my pad so I'm using my Tirfor winch to get it in position.

140614_9EJ1372.jpg

This will give is a total of nearly 60,000 litres (~16,000 gals) of water storage.

a lil update on my lil garden..my main concern right now is my tomatoes seeing how their not looking real great right now..but are looking better thoe.

003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG

have you given your soil gardencalcium??
forgot to that last year myself and as I did it this year it looks a hell of a lot better

nope..not me..im simply going whats here..and the soil is already very fertile to begin with..partly because there's a hay field behind where i live.and they fertilize it with chicken manure..and they yard/garden are just this side of fence line of the field

okay,so you don't have the problem of to much clay in your soil as I do

maybe not in the topsoil.pluse one thing i've always done when mowing the yard.is leave the clipping,seeing how that fertilizes the soil..plus i have fertilized the entire yard twice since i've moved here in 07 which is a help

Canned up 48 half pint jars of Vienna variations. . . hotdogs went on sale 2 for a $1. Couldn't pass up that so bought 51 packages. . . yeah, I cleared the shelf. I asked the butcher, he said he had more.. . . Ended up making 24 plain and 12 BBQ and 12 hot & spicy. Will end up doing more probably tomorrow depending on my day. Hey at least I was able to do some crocheting while my pressure canner was working

finally got the life straws but they're really expensive over here at 30 SGD each. Also a clean canteen metal container for the water in my BOB.

Reworked my Bug out Boxes, and checking and double checking my BOB. Will have 1 box just for food based on my 72 hour SHTF planner

I got all but a few of my veggies transplanted and now I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to water everything since my garden is now twice as big as I thought it would be. I also finally picked up the hinges and latch for my chicken coop which I will finish tomorrow. And I had to get some chicken wire, too. The 4 week old chicks have learned how to get into the window sill of my granddaughter's playhouse and one jumped out to follow me around the garden today. I shouldn't have procrastinated on this so long. I'm lucky I haven't lost them to a stray cat yet. I also tried 8 can Taco Soup for the first time today and am contemplating canning some of it. Still looking for a good deal on jars, though.

Latest posts

Back