This weeks preps check-in

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or multiple hoses, just alternate which are on at a given time. Can get a multi-tap for the faucet/s.
I'm still toying with the idea of just running PVC pipes that have holes in them for my planned garden.

my garden is close enough to the outdoor faucet,where i can go with one hose and a sprayer set on shower setting..and the sprayer has a squeeze handle that allows me to control how much water comes out at any time

I have 2 multi-connects with a sprinkler set up on the main garden. But when I brought my transplants down here, They had to go at the other end of the backyard so right now I'm just carrying buckets of water to them. I do like the idea of soaker hoses for that end.

I've been thinking abt those pvc-pipes too,but I don't know, I rotate my plants for every summer and it's never exactly the same as last year

I got all but a few of my veggies transplanted and now I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to water everything since my garden is now twice as big as I thought it would be. I also finally picked up the hinges and latch for my chicken coop which I will finish tomorrow. And I had to get some chicken wire, too. The 4 week old chicks have learned how to get into the window sill of my granddaughter's playhouse and one jumped out to follow me around the garden today. I shouldn't have procrastinated on this so long. I'm lucky I haven't lost them to a stray cat yet. I also tried 8 can Taco Soup for the first time today and am contemplating canning some of it. Still looking for a good deal on jars, though.
Cheapest place I have found jars around here has been Walmart $7.49 for pints and half-pints, then Dollar General, but they are about 20 cents more. If you find somewhere cheaper, please let me know. . .

ok,I know I got some .22 ammo already,but couldn't resist to get some more and some 12ga ammo aswell,
asI have my freezer full with food,so I can spare some money for more ammo

it dont hurt to stock up on ammo when your up to date on other things.especially seeing how,one never has to much ammo

and with some touch of magic my fingers just pushed the right buttons,I must have been under some spell or something ;)

WalMart just had a case of bottled water, 36 bottles, for like $3 and change. Nice deal. stocked up on a bunch for hurricane season.

WalMart just had a case of bottled water, 36 bottles, for like $3 and change. Nice deal. stocked up on a bunch for hurricane season.
Yes, it's that time again. I need to get my behind in gear unpacking and sorting so I have what I need if I have to leave the area.

I didn't imagine you were in an area you'd have to evacuate...or do you just do that with bigger storms? I used to bug out if a Cat 4 or higher was headed my way (but back then, I had a free ride to Rochester, NY in such cases...my wife was on a contingency team for her company)...but now, with all the animals, I'm sure I'll just stay put and ride out. Besides, I'm more inland now, so won't be a Cat 4 when it hits us, Cat 2 at most, more than likely, and that's just a normal Summer storm these days.

We were hit hard by hurricane's Bertha, Fran and Floyd here. Had to evacuate for the first 2 and for the 3rd, we were stranded in our home for 3 weeks since all the roads around us washed out. I'm only 20 minutes from the beach at my house. With my ex, I was an hour from it in a much sturdier house. This place is only 3 years old. I went through a cat 1 in it 2 years ago but wouldn't trust it for anything stronger.

Yikes. I went through Cat 3's before, but never a Cat 4 or 5. Geographically, pretty unlikely we'd ever get hit with one that strong, as it would be weakened before getting to us (we're more middle of the state). Bigger worry for me would be any tornadoes spawning from it. Granted, would be like an F2 at most, but could still do a lot of damage.

okay,my climate really sucks sometimes ;) but looking at those tornados via news I'm so glad we don't have 'em here in Finland

I posted it in an other thread as well but heres it again:
uploadfromtaptalk1403810636474.jpg

Mason jars, filled with organic gmo free, hand picked by me, cherries, a lil brown rock sugar, a vanilla bean and some Potatoe moonshine. Lasts for ever, great barter, tastes good. Ya just gonna love it

My grandpa and his family used to do it since decades. He told me how. Its farely easy.
With me being a HVAC guy it was easy to get my hand on all the materials.

do it here and you have someone knocking at your door,they are dressed in blue and look very official...

unfortunately moonshine or any distillation of alcohol is illegal in all states without getting the next to impossible federal distilled spirits permit though, one can get get a easily obtainable federal fuel alcohol permit ;) just in case anyone comes snooping but then you have state law to contend with (in a couple of states) even with federal fuel alcohol permit

Quite legal in Oz AFAIK, you can buy all the gear and essences in the shops. I have a bottle of my neighbour's Bourbon sitting right next to me :)

finally fixed the 2 folding bikes and went out gallavanting with the missus. attached a basket to the back of the bike so that we could shop nearby at the wet market and still bring stuff home.

Was thinking of getting a small hand tire pump since its only 4 bucks. :) might fish this weekend too

Broke ground on my new shooting range. Gonna be 40 ft wide, 150ft long. Starting at ground level, then gradually digging down to 8 ft below ground level at target sight.
This was my fathers day from my wife.
Luckily my neighbor just bought the articulated front loader and needs the practice, I got a best buddy deal on the hour charges.
I have only waited 14 years for this.
Thank you honey!!!!!<3
aqugame2.jpg
e7yve7e6.jpg

A bit jealous there Wiredog...great layout though...

Never did understand the illegality of this (moonshine). Seems a bit outdated.

how do you make bourbon?? always thought it was a looooooong and difficult process to make

Latest posts

Back