Today, Saturday I just bought a couple grand worth of Silver

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So pretty much all my wealth is a machine's imagination. maybe if I get it drunk, it'll imagine I'm rich long enough to buy an SUV full of dehydrated food and ammo!

Along the same lines, now we have the E-dollar.
It's just as worthless as a real dollar, but now weighs nothing!
I kinda like mine.😁
I have one piece of plastic that says I have $26,200 that some company says I can spend🤪.

Sorry, now back on topic, talking about stuff that has real value.

Last edited:
Gold got up to $2,454 today and closed at $2,430.
(Notice the 52-week range, and day range :oops:):
Screenshot_20240520-163833_kindlephoto-2865529728.png

I think it may be on the move up. :thumbs:

Gains in Silver are just amazing.
I am glad I bought it when I did.

Gold had a lot of gains too but it really just about beats inflation.
I if it isnt people like us who are driving silver up, since the demand from folks who have lost confidence in fiat currencies is clearly as high as never before.

Gains in Silver are just amazing.
I am glad I bought it when I did.

Gold had a lot of gains too but it really just about beats inflation.
I if it isnt people like us who are driving silver up, since the demand from folks who have lost confidence in fiat currencies is clearly as high as never before.
Good to see you back Rick!

This has been a great thread:)

I will not sale my Gold & silver until the frig is empty.
My children can cash it in when I am gone.

We feel the same way. God forbid things ever get bad enough that we have to use it. It will be there as a legacy for the kids and the grandkids.

I'm not big on the idea of buying gold or silver because I tried that once & lost. However I am big on listening to my wife & pleasing her & she told me that we should buy some silver. I went to the place where my neighbor buys silver & had them take down my name & number. They don't have any on hand now but will call me when they get some in. I'll buy a couple of thousand dollars worth & then see if she wants me to buy more (or if it's a whim).

We feel the same way. God forbid things ever get bad enough that we have to use it. It will be there as a legacy for the kids and the grandkids.
Things got that bad for me once…. used up some resources. Given my track record… it’ll happen again. Still, I’ve made it this far and still doing alright. Now I have other things to fall back on, if bad goes to worst.

Latest posts

Back