Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are NOT in Texas anymore!! ♥️♥️♥️
It is different to see so much snow. Brought my snow boots but will not be going outside much! Lower temperatures are heading in later this week. Definitely not driving. School and work are still on and stores are open.
:Dancing Chicken:Pick up trucks with plows and larger trucks, salt spreaders. Why is it so big of a deal in Texas to NOT have such things?

Drinking a beer, sweatpants 😮, pool has an inch of ice on it☹️☹️☹️
fill the woodstove up and sit real close while drinking ya beer and pretend...about all a person can do right now.

That is EXACTLY what I am doing right now!! 😃😃😃
dont get carried away and flop ya arms out like ya doing back stroke and burn ya arm on the stove!!...lol

It is different to see so much snow. Brought my snow boots but will not be going outside much! Lower temperatures are heading in later this week. Definitely not driving. School and work are still on and stores are open.
:Dancing Chicken:Pick up trucks with plows and larger trucks, salt spreaders. Why is it so big of a deal in Texas to NOT have such things?
And is there a cute little bundle to admire? Can warm your heart anyhow 😍

1705544937575.png

36 for the high today... For 3 days the forecast gave 10f as the low tonight. I doubt it'll get below 20. It's 28, now, 10pm. Wind is 8-10 so it feels cold. But, out of the wind not bad.

The sun was out all day, it put heat into everything. Must have put more than expected.

Suppose to get another cold front by Sat.

DW is gonna draw a bathtub of water so we will have water to flush with.
The water pressure won't drop because of people dripping their faucets during a freeze, but when people's broken pipes thaw and start spraying water after the thaw. :(
Predictably, our water pressure started dropping this afternoon. 😡
Glad I don't need to shower.:rolleyes: It's about 1/2 normal now:(.

Last edited:
Todays temps 9/-5F... Got out today and did some small errands..
Predicted to be quite a bit nicer over the weekend ...weather man calling it the local "January thaw"...

Attachments

• Snowstorm Indicators.png
    Snowstorm Indicators.png
    720.8 KB · Views: 0
5 this morning. Forecast of 36 for the high. Freezing rain expected by midnight
we are going to get it as snow
I am done with winter
Funny too, used to love it when I could ski, now I am wearing my ski clothes in the barn to not freeze while taking care of the animals. If it gets any colder I am going to wear my ski googles too, even with regular glasses on my eyes are watering it is so cold out

Latest posts

Back