Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's snowing!!! I am excited because of 2 things: it had to warm up a little to snow and snow is far better than freezing rain.
1705611444667.png

PS @Pearl I was thinking of you this morning
View attachment 123052 oh I mean View attachment 123053 errr yeah, that's it.
You are the only one I know of who would be cold in a Mediterranean climate (50-70 year round).
What about me?! gaah
Woke up to 51° this morning and needed my jacket to go out because of no sun and 76%rh... As DW calls it, "the damp chillys":(.
We finally got up to 64°, so no jacket now:thumbs:.

What about me?! gaah
Woke up to 51° this morning and needed my jacket to go out because of no sun and 76%rh... As DW calls it, "the damp chillys":(.
We finally got up to 64°, so no jacket now:thumbs:.
Yeah but you like those spinny things so that must make you some sort of "extremist" or something 😂

Rochester checking in. The past couple days had temps around 10. The dog wasn't interested in going very far for her walks which tells me something. (She'll normally go all day if you let her.)

Right now, it's a relatively balmy 26 and there's snow falling.

This weekend, we're looking at temps around 20 and early next week we should see above-freezing temps.

Our snow has hardly melted at all. Maybe compacted as moisture is pulled out.
I finally tried to move my truck up the hill so I could head to work in the morning. Took three tries and the final shot was about half sideways going around the turn. Didn't take my beds out though. LOL.
Finished everything outside and in the basement, then took the dogs out. No more than sat down and got a call from work, ill be working from home tomorrow

It's 32 and snowing here. Unusually high temp for January. This could be our January thaw. Was in the single didgets yesterday. Our road is unpassable right now. Too wet for the snowblower and too deep and heavy for the tractor and snow plow. Once it freezes up again I should be able to clear the road. Good thing we picked up extra bacon the last time we went to town. Should be good for a week or so.

Then there's that rumor about him not wearing pants and freezing his butt off! Wonder how that got started 🤔😇
Yes, I will confess to not wearing pants :(... when it hits 95°, I will take them off, and put on shorts.
Butt when it drops below 90°, pants go back on:thumbs:.

Yes, I will confess to not wearing pants :(... when it hits 95°, I will take them off, and put on shorts.
Im in shorts by the 60s. I've done day hikes in shorts in the 30s a few times.

We are getting freezing rain. Front porch is like a sheet of glass

Warmed up to the 40s today. It was 48 when I went out for curbside pickup but it felt colder than it did yesterday because it was cloudy and more humid.

At least the water is still working *knocks on wood*. But the faucet in Mom's bathroom sink is clogged. I can't figure out how to remove the thing with the aerator. Can't remember which direction to twist it and any way I try to grip it my hand just slips. I even tried using a rubberband. I've got a pipe wrench and can protect it with something but need to remember if I turn clockwise or counterclockwise so I don't break anything.

Our news just reported I-40 west of Knoxville and I-75 north of Knoxville are both parking lots due to multiple wrecks on both interstates. The I-75 wrecks is at least 20 cars, and 3 or 4 tractor trailers. It started raining at about 33 degrees, the rain cooled the air to 27 and it's just ice.
And thank goodness you get another day to work from home. I don’t even know what is going on around here. It is so weird that almost every time I look out the window it is snowing.
I used to think I wanted to live in this state but after the stuff that happened with Covid, hair cut businesses, and the government…

We are back in the deep freeze. Next two days we are back to highs in the teens and lows in single digits. Looks like we will be above freezing next week. At least no precip, so we shouldn't have the mess Backpacker has.

around freezing, windy , snowing and there is ice on the road. I slid up the hill with the Ranger in 4wd, and it's not going to get any better. Supposed to get close to zero again tonight, below with the wind chill
Son is missing his class and meeting today in college, we will be missing our annual club meeting tomorrow. Not going anywhere even with the truck

Yesterday, as I was driving down a street, I saw a young man walking wearing shorts, flip flops and a short sleeved shirt.

Meanwhile, I was wearing jeans, wool blend socks, boots, a long sleeved shirt, fleece jacket, warmer coat over the top of the fleece, a knit hat and a scarf wrapped twice around my neck. It wasn't that the actual temperature was so bad, maybe around 40, but the wind was bitter cold.

Latest posts

Back