• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
panama jungle time here...i tell ya....folks think they can live without a box fan or ceiling fan or hand fan or a swimming hole to cool off in south is crazy...working in garden picking stuff and more am you drip non stop i tell ya...friday before storm hit i seen lots of folks sitting on creek bank and playing in water with dogs and kids.

The blue dot is me. Should be fun!! Mid day tomorrow. I am sure we will lose power. Everything is a test. We are ready!
Screenshot_20240707-133506_The Weather Channel.jpg

Folks in path of the storm keep your head down! Pines start coming down with winds >50mph. Supposed to be winds above 70mph at landfall. I was in sabine pass tx once for a storm with winds that high, only time i was ever in a eye of a hurricane. Nail everything down, better use two nails! 🤣

It's been overcast here all day. Temp never broke 90f, humidity was high though. Been above 80% since yesterday. Same predicted for tomorrow. But on tues/wed i'll be getting the remnants of Beryl.

Has anybody thought about all the oil refineries on the Texas coast in the path, that provide most of the country's gasoline? :oops:
GoM_Refineries.png

They will shut them all down before Beryl gets near.gaah
....While nobody is looking:
Reuters: "The ports of Corpus Christi, Houston, Galveston, Freeport and Texas City closed on Sunday to prepare for Tropical Storm Beryl which could grow into a Category 2 hurricane after making landfall in the middle of the Texas coast between Galveston and Corpus Christi later on Monday.
Port closures could bring a temporary halt to crude and liquefied natural gas exports, oil shipments to refineries, and motor fuel deliveries from those plants."

Last edited:
Last edited:
Very exciting, makes me nervous. Do you think you will get hit hard from this, @Supervisor42 ? At this point they think it is edging toward being a category 2. I'm out.
Naa, we'll be fine, @zannej has more to worry about.
Texas Charm is in the path of the eye. :oops:

"
MATAGORDA, Texas —
Beryl strengthened and again became a hurricane overnight as it made landfall in southern Texas early Monday. The storm's outer bands lashed the coast with rain and intensifying winds as residents prepared for the powerful storm that already cut a deadly path through parts of Mexico and the Caribbean.

The National Hurricane Center issued an updated advisory at 4 a.m. Central Standard Time warning the center of the storm had made landfall near Matagorda, Texas.

“Life-threatening storm surge, heavy rainfall, and strong winds are ongoing across portions of Texas,” the hurricane center said.

The hurricane's top sustained winds were 80 mph as the storm moves north at 12 mph. A hurricane warning is in effect for the Texas coast from Mesquite Bay north to Port Bolivar, the center said.

People on the Texas coast boarded up windows and left beach towns under evacuation order. The storm was projected to come ashore early Monday in the middle of the Texas coast around Matagorda Bay, an area about 100 miles south of Houston, but officials cautioned the path could still change.

As the storm neared the coast, Texas officials warned Sunday it could cause power outages and flooding but also expressed worry that not enough residents and beach vacationers in Beryl’s path had heeded warnings to leave."

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/tracking-beryl-july-8/61529214

We are just starting to get some wind and a steady little rain. Still right in the path of the eye.. should be a strong TS by the time it gets here later this morning. We are 100 miles inland.

I'll stay in touch as long as I can .. I'm sure we'll lose power.

We live on the edge of the Piney Woods.. so pine trees are an issue.

Rain last two days.

How can I get rain in S.C., but not Pearl?!??
I'm west of DFW, hoping for a sprinkle out of Beryl, but doesn't look good! It is a beautiful morning, a cloudy day would be nice! After today the temps go up and all rain chances are gone for a while!!

Latest posts

Back