Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad temperatures but lots of rain.
Where at in Louisiana do you live? I've been to the French Quarter several times and it was always fun but I'd never want to live there. When I lived in Houston, the ATM field engineer was on vacation, so I went to northern Louisiana to take service calls on ATMs there for a week. The people there were VERY friendly and VERY nice and it didn't matter what their skin color was. They were ALL nice!
Near Lafayette, lower south-central.
Yes, there is no discrimination down here because more than half of the people have some black in their family tree.
Looks like a Minnesota summer forecast!
Woke up to 38° at 9:45am :(.
Thanks Pearl!:mad:

Not bad temperatures but lots of rain.
Where at in Louisiana do you live? I've been to the French Quarter several times and it was always fun but I'd never want to live there. When I lived in Houston, the ATM field engineer was on vacation, so I went to northern Louisiana to take service calls on ATMs there for a week. The people there were VERY friendly and VERY nice and it didn't matter what their skin color was. They were ALL nice!
You must be living in the warmest part of the entire lower 48 states!
Warm! Damn it man it is cold outside!!!!

I see the race card got played
Funny observation
I simply do not see the level of hate the media says
We get along, because we know what the difference is between a black man and a n
Most black folk are just like white folk
Hard working, raising kids and doing the best they can
They are Black Folks
A Niger, is the same as white trash
Just a sorry excuse for a human that is most likely going to steal from you or harm you when you turn your head

We. Southern folk, know this and we treat people with respect and dignity till they show us otherwise

Near Lafayette, lower south-central.
Yes, there is no discrimination down here because more than half of the people have some black in their family tree.

Woke up to 38° at 9:45am :(.
Thanks Pearl!:mad:
Wish it was 38° here! It is up to 26°, with a north wind!!

A high of 25 today with snow flurries and it was blow freezing most of yesterday with a bit of ice flurries. Going to be a high of 25*F for the next couple of days.
I saw that Huntsville, (my old stomping-ground) was having fun with snow on the streets. :oops:
Glad I no longer have to play that game.

9°, a dusting if snow, Dallas Ft. Worth got 1-2"! Some sun later and getting into the low 20's. Some wind picking up later too!☹️
Wait. You're at 9? We bottomed out at 10 and now it's 22. Temps should drop shortly, but it's not often Texas outdoes New York on horrendously cold temps.

Well, I'm officially freezing my butoff when I go outside🥶😡:
IMG_20240115_173250_kindlephoto-1792141296.jpg

Are ya' happy, Pearl? gaah
Edit: Notice the flashing snowflake icon in the forecast window. :oops:

Last edited:
Well, I'm officially freezing my butoff when I go outside🥶😡:
View attachment 122885
Are ya' happy, Pearl? gaah

Warmer here! 33 at the moment. Made up to 43 this afternoon, wish the sun had been out though. Sunshine would have put some heat in road surfaces. If the ground is warm enough snow doesn't matter, will melt in a few hours. I did get sleet this afternoon for a few minutes. No real precipitation yet thankfully.

Not worried about me, my little space heater is all i need, stove is gas so i can cook. If i lose power i'll have to come up with plan B for the folks. They have central air, no power, no heat. They have a good fireplace but don't use it anymore and i'm not going out to cut firewood in this weather. I'll get them a hotel rm if i have to.

Warmer here! 33 at the moment. Made up to 43 this afternoon, wish the sun had been out though. Sunshine would have put some heat in road surfaces. If the ground is warm enough snow doesn't matter, will melt in a few hours. I did get sleet this afternoon for a few minutes. No real precipitation yet thankfully.

Not worried about me, my little space heater is all i need, stove is gas so i can cook. If i lose power i'll have to come up with plan B for the folks. They have central air, no power, no heat. They have a good fireplace but don't use it anymore and i'm not going out to cut firewood in this weather. I'll get them a hotel rm if i have to.
Laugh it up, your name is next on her list :oops:.
Your area:
Screenshot_20240115-180515_kindlephoto-1794022856.png

Last edited:
Wait. You're at 9? We bottomed out at 10 and now it's 22. Temps should drop shortly, but it's not often Texas outdoes New York on horrendously cold temps.
I'd say, "I WON", but that just doesn't feel right! Single digits again tonight! Schools closed or delayed tomorrow around north Texas! Have I mentioned that I miss summer!?😃

its cold.
its freakin cold
its damn cold

it was -4 today. got the wood stve blazing away 24/7, got a pot roast in the oven to help heat the place up too. wearing fleece jacket, scarf, cap and gloves sitting here sipping hot tea. im seriously thinking of adding some brandy to the tea. . its rare when the inside om place is that cold

one thing ive been noticing for a couple years now---accuweather lies about temps to make things look warmer than they really were. last night was -7, verified by 4 different thermometers placed in greenhouse, on porch, chicken coop and back door. they all reported a temp within 2-3 degress of one another outside. accuweather first posted the temp was 9 then changed it to 21 degrees. the temp station isnt that far from me.

ive been praying for all in the south being hit with this, i grew up in the south-people dont have the insulation or average protections more northern folks see as standard. lot of people gonna be hurt.

its cold.
its freakin cold
its damn cold

it was -4 today. got the wood stve blazing away 24/7, got a pot roast in the oven to help heat the place up too. wearing fleece jacket, scarf, cap and gloves sitting here sipping hot tea. im seriously thinking of adding some brandy to the tea. . its rare when the inside om place is that cold

one thing ive been noticing for a couple years now---accuweather lies about temps to make things look warmer than they really were. last night was -7, verified by 4 different thermometers placed in greenhouse, on porch, chicken coop and back door. they all reported a temp within 2-3 degress of one another outside. accuweather first posted the temp was 9 then changed it to 21 degrees. the temp station isnt that far from me.

ive been praying for all in the south being hit with this, i grew up in the south-people dont have the insulation or average protections more northern folks see as standard. lot of people gonna be hurt.
Yeah, I'm cooking (and eating) more to make sure the house stays warm!!😉😃 One must do what one must do

Still snowing.
Got word a little while ago the Lab is closed tomorrow other than essetntial shift workers, Fire, Police, Utilities. Also just heard 3 major highways are shut down due to snow, ice, and numerous wrecks. 2 of the 3 are 4 lanes and are worked heavily by DOT, one is the major route to our major hospital.

Latest posts

Back