Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let’s see, if we had a theme song 🎶
“I Fell in to a Burning Ring of Fire” by Mr Cash
Or maybe
“We Went Down in a Blaze of Glory” JB Jovi
Then there’s
“Hot Hot Hot” by Poindexter
And last and least 😉
“I’m on Fire” B Springsteen.

All jokes aside, roads all around are closed as many fires rage 😢

More than 300 fires burning in B.C. over the weekend?!! Hit by drought, @Ekatarina ?? I always thought of B.C. as a rainy place.
the coast and lower main land are pretty wet, the central part can get fairly dry some parts are close to desert.

More than 300 fires burning in B.C. over the weekend?!! Hit by drought, @Ekatarina ?? I always thought of B.C. as a rainy place.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canad...n-Jasper-as-first-responders-ordered-to-leave

1721914645177.png

UPDATE 9:25 p.m.

Parks Canada says firefighters continue to battle to save as many structures as possible in the Jasper townsite.

“Today has been an exceptionally difficult day for Jasperites, incident personnel and everyone who loves Jasper,” said the agency.

Crews working to save homes, businesses and critical infrastructure will be supported by “many more” structural firefighters en route to the community.

“As the pictures and videos circulating online show, significant loss has occurred within the townsite,” Parks Canada said.

“We are sensitive that residents, business owners, visitors and those with connections to Jasper want to know the state of their homes, businesses, treasures and favourite places.”

?? Jasper Complex Wildfire ??
Current as of: July 24, 10 pm, Mountain Time
---
Today has been an exceptionally difficult day for Jasperites, incident personnel and everyone who loves Jasper.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canad...n-Jasper-as-first-responders-ordered-to-leave

View attachment 158253

Parks Canada says firefighters continue to battle to save as many structures as possible in the Jasper townsite.

“Today has been an exceptionally difficult day for Jasperites, incident personnel and everyone who loves Jasper,” said the agency.

Crews working to save homes, businesses and critical infrastructure will be supported by “many more” structural firefighters en route to the community.

“As the pictures and videos circulating online show, significant loss has occurred within the townsite,” Parks Canada said.

“We are sensitive that residents, business owners, visitors and those with connections to Jasper want to know the state of their homes, businesses, treasures and favourite places.”
Wow, the jasper town site is right in the park, only 3 roads hwy 16 east west and 93 south. Parks did a bunch of tree removal starting about 10 years ago to try to prevent something like this.

View attachment 158253

That picture reminds me of the Gatlinburg fire a few years back. Terrible loses.
My prayers are with those folks

Wow, the jasper town site is right in the park, only 3 roads hwy 16 east west and 93 south. Parks did a bunch of tree removal starting about 10 years ago to try to prevent something like this.
Wow..... If the road through the park is cut off it is a long way around to get anywhere.. The Quesnel area has been hard hit by fire danger quite often it seems lately.. Hope Barkerville is OK.. That is such a nice place.. The lower Caribou had such bad fire damage a while ago also..
== ==
Nice enough here the last few days.. Tomorrow through the weekend and middle of next week to be low to mid 90F.. This will likely include thunderstorms.. County fair is on this week.. Yesterday was Senior Day, but I missed that.. Likely just as well as I always spend too much on ...fair foods... and pay a price for that.. KnowwhatImean...

Was 93, then clouds came in and I can see rain around us but none here yet. Dropped temp to 83 with a slight breeze.

EDIT:
I no sooner posted that then the winds picked up as the front of the storm came in. Light rain and now 73.

Last edited:
The smoke from Canada is making my eyes burn. We are being told that air quality is not good. We are not seeing blue when we look at the sky.
Aren't you in CO? Here are the fires burning at the moment (not the ones in Canada).
Screenshot (34).png

Youngest niece just returned from AZ to help fight in OR. Her folks (my bro and SIL) are on level 2 evac. notice.

Aren't you in CO? Here are the fires burning at the moment (not the ones in Canada).
View attachment 158289
Youngest niece just returned from AZ to help fight in OR. Her folks (my bro and SIL) are on level 2 evac. notice.
but it is the illegal alien border crossing smoke that hurts the eyes, not the friendly local stuff :brewing:

View attachment 158289
Thank you. I hadn't seen the map of all of the fires. Ugh!
Yes, in Colorado. We have been getting air quality notices for days.

This is "pretty-much" peak period for plant growth (rate). It may not seem perfect to most of you, but remember we are still (only) down to 19.5-20 hours of light. This is where Pumpkins grow to 2,097 pounds. If you think that is a miss-print. Think ONE "TON" Pumpkins.
1721985325024.png

Last edited:
TWC got fussed at for not forecasting rain here when it rained, so they fixed it. :thumbs::rolleyes:
Our 10-day forecast:
View attachment 157582
Doya' think they will be correct if it rains a couple of those days?:LOL:
I got to thinkin'.....what if they were telling the truth? :dunno: :oops:
So far, they have been correct 7 of the last 8 days.
...And the one day that it didn't rain, it allllmost rained.
Good thing we got boots:thumbs:.
Anybody need water, we got lots of extra.:p
On topic: 1.72" today.:rolleyes:

Drenching downpours will continue in much of, but not all of southeastern US​

Downpours will continue to pester and drench a large part of the southeastern United States into early next week, but some areas will get a break for a coupe of days from the rain and high humidity.

By Alex Sosnowski, AccuWeather senior meteorologist

1722047049867.png

Latest posts

Back