weather where you are?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 25 years ago My Wife went to Her Grandparents farm house that was built before the Civil War and dug some flower bulbs up . We planted these and this year they flowered in mid February . The ground cover hich hiked with them and took over a area around this little pecan tree .
20190223_134228.jpg

Last edited:
TVA has dams on the Elk river here and of course the Tennessee river . The monsoon we have had the past week has filled our 2 reservoirs up . They have gotten good at controlling floods but they just warned neighboring Moore county to evacuate below Tims Ford dam because they have to let water out . Thats the little town of Lynchburg Tn . Its north west of Me . Most of You will know it as the home of Jack Daniels whiskey . I drove around a today to check out any flooding and this time of year the reservoirs should be down near the river channel but they look to be over the summer full pool mark . They warned anyone living below the dam to evacuate home now because they are opening the gates and do not know how much water will have to be let out .

TVA has dams on the Elk river here and of course the Tennessee river . The monsoon we have had the past week has filled our 2 reservoirs up . They have gotten good at controlling floods but they just warned neighboring Moore county to evacuate below Tims Ford dam because they have to let water out . Thats the little town of Lynchburg Tn . Its north west of Me . Most of You will know it as the home of Jack Daniels whiskey . I drove around a today to check out any flooding and this time of year the reservoirs should be down near the river channel but they look to be over the summer full pool mark . They warned anyone living below the dam to evacuate home now because they are opening the gates and do not know how much water will have to be let out .

We have had about 8 inches of rain since Monday. Been a rough week here. TVA is pretty good about controlling flooding, but this is more than they can handle, I’m afraid. Rain ends tonight, but they’re not expecting the rivers to crest until Wednesday at the earliest.

Now we have a big blob of red on the radar headed this way...

Its got to go straight over Us . Looks like the red goes from Florence Alabama to above Nashville .

The tornado in MS (I saw the video of it) was aiming towards way northwest Alabama, then it just fizzled out. The NWS had it better (as far as tornadoes) the further east you are. Maybe it’ll miss ya.

Depending on the weather forecast, they're calling for 1-1/2 to 5 feet of snow between today and Wednesday. It's snowing hard now and so far we have about 6 inches. It's warmed up to the mid 20's so this is a heavy wet snow. I finished shoveling the roof on the cabin yesterday. The snow was over the top of the chimney.
We had a delivery of building materials yesterday too. They made it in without too much trouble but got stuck on the way out. They slid off the road and hit a tree. Got them pulled out with the tractor in the dark. Yesterday was a long cold day.
Hurry up global warming.

According to the wind gauge the wind is steady at 22mph out of the East, temps at 28, very heavy snow. It's a white out and too dangerous for even snowmobiles. We hunkering down, fire going and drinking coffee, we been without grid power over two days. Wife still sleeping from the long journey so I'll go make some breakfast and serve her in bed and enjoy the quiet day.

The actual camera on the phone takes landscape photos, but many phones can turn them if the photo was taken in portrait orientation. Some can't do it correctly, including most iPhones. You can always turn it on a computer before posting it, but if you want to post from your phone and have it come out right, you'll need to take a landscape photo.

I had posted same pic in a diff site.it's right side up in that one.
That's because the image's EXIF orientation information is incorrect. It is marked as "landscape" when it is supposed to be marked "portrait." This site apparently pays attention to the orientation information, some sites don't.

Here is the pertinant EXIF information saved with your picture. Notice pixel width and pixel height are landscape, and orientation is lanscape.
TfyFYC5.png

So far for March we've only had about 6 inches of snow. Most days our temps are in the mid to upper 20's for the highs and single digits and teens for lows. But we did have a couple days up to 33-35 degs and even one day of rain. With the warm weather and lots of sun shine our road has melted some and then froze. We now have about 2 and a half miles of solid ice to drive on. The snow berms are about 4 feet high so that keeps us on the road.
We still have about 4-6 feet of snow left, and like Mav said above we're having a slow melt here too. A couple of our creeks are just now starting to flow again. Spring is near. They're forecasting 50 temps for next week. At our elevation we might get in to the 40's. It'll be nice to see the ground again and to walk without slipping.

We're supposed to get rain tonight and then snow for the next several days. So far we're just getting wind and the temp is 48 degs. Much warmer than normal for this time of year. Starting tomorrow the lows should be in the low to mid 20's.
keep that cold **** up there with you,,, I don't want it

Latest posts

Back