weather where you are?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sitting in My yard watching a dove field in the heat . But looks like theres a storm over Northern Alabama .
20180901_165355.jpg
20180901_164306.jpg

We are heading back in our normal seasonal temperatures, 74deg for the high and the low 46deg for tonight, mid 70s all next week with more clouds than sun and it looks like rain starting next Saturday and I'm ready for the rain.

We put some things off this year because of the heat and fire threat maybe next year, also, this year were not good for the garden, fishing wasn't good either :(

This has been a long hot dry summer. We had 6 days with 90+ degrees and only 1/10" of rain since first part of June.
A couple days ago I drove up to the part of the property that burned. I wasn't quite prepared for what I saw. Absolutely everything was burned right down to the dirt. Even the trees along the creek were burned 100%. A lot of good timber was lost. The grass will come back next spring but it'll be many years before any trees start to grow. Originally I was planning on building on this property. I'm glad I changed my mind.

cold this morning with a chilly wind, some sunshine this afternoon but its still very cold outside.

Latest posts

Back