weather where you are?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They saying now the Pacific Northwest and Northwest is more snow and colder, we have 5 cords of wood next to the house and 14 near the shop, all generators had plugs and oil changed. We have 8tons of hay on the far barn and 32tons on the near barn and 3.5tons of grain for the live stock. We are near ready for being locked in on the property this winter.

We've had snow here off and on since the end of September. Fortunately it's been melting off within a couple days. There's still a little snow in some places at the higher elevations on the ranch. I'm mostly ready for winter, except for putting chains on the tractor and chains and plow on the 4 wheeler and changing over to studded tires on the vehicles. My son will be here next week to help with the chains. I still have a lot of outside projects going on so my tools are still scattered around the place. I need to order a snow blower soon.

It was 28F last night . Went for hike in the woods today and it warmed up and butterflies came out everywhere . Didnt see any Deer just one squirrel. Its dry and the leaves are on the ground makes alot of noise .

On the road leading from here at home in either direction are closed do to avalanche threat, little further up north avalanche almost took a snow plow out, on a different road it is closed from an avalanche. Yesterday was almost like blizzards like conditions.

avalanch.jpg

We've had record highs the past week, in the high 80's.
But, I'll take the heat over that kind of snow, every day of the week!

Well, that's why there is air conditioning! LOL...

I hear ya though. During Irma, I learned just how important AC is, and it really forced a complete re-evaluation on its importance in our preps. So much so that a generator is now a NEED vs. a WANT before the next storm season. (as is a wall AC unit, so we can isolate one room to be cool in an emergency outage). I tried for 4 nights to sleep without it, and by the last night, as power was on in neighboring areas, we went to a hotel just for the AC. I felt like one defeated prepper then, hehe.... And while we could have taken a bath at the house, seemed silly to not take a hot shower at the gym that DID have power back by the 3rd day....lol.

Tornado season came early this year . A couple hit well North of here they went through TN / KY line . Tornadoes are the worst part of Southern Weather .

Don’t worry. They’ll move farther south before long. I’m waiting for them as well.

The temperatures are what worries me. It’s supposed to close to 80 tomorrow. Kinda early for that kind of crap.

Yep. About time for another nasty spring. I hope it’s not, but don’t have a lot of faith in it being better...

We had two days of non stop heavy snow with high winds. The snow finally stopped yesterday morning at 4. I started cleaning the road at 5. Got the road open and drove to my parent place to dig them out. We decided to take Mom shopping down south to her favorite store. It's a 300 mile round trip so we didn't get home until late. While we were gone our road drifted over in many places. Its a good thing I left the tractor at the end of the road (and that it started) to clear the drifts while the wife drove behind me. Didn't make it in to the cabin until 11 pm.
They're calling for another storm on Wednesday and Thursday to bring another 1-2 feet of snow. Today and tomorrow will be spent clearing the road and prepping for the next storm.

We're supposed to get this storm over the next few days. It's bitterly cold already, but so far little snow has fallen here in the midlands. We're used to random snowfall here and take it in our stride. Before and just after Christmas we had a lot of snow from the north west, this storm is an easterly so I'm not expecting to impact us too badly.

no snow here, below freezing with a cold wind.
everyone on the news going crazy about the weather, supermarkets are being stripped of bread and milk, trains are being cancelled and most places haven't even seen any snow yet, the exception being Yorkshire.
town about 10 miles from here was gridlocked with everyone going crazy, and we hardly ever get snow where I live, frost yes snow no.

I haven't seen any rain since the beginning of May.:( The average temp has been HOT in the same period and I'm more than ready for a break in this weather and a return to normality. Everywhere is brown and farmers are already feeding their animals. Apparently my area is due some storms, but they are going to be very localised, so I might not see any.

I live in a town called Hades, Texas ( I wonder if that really exists?). I know that because the other day, with air conditioning, it was 110F! But apparently it was cooler here than in Waco which I think hit 114F. Ugh, what misery.

But it's getting just wonderful... highs of only 100F. And with some rain on Monday, it'll only be 97F for the high! Brrrr, get out your coats!

Oh dear Lord, what have we done to deserve this weather! Yes, the city of Austin deserves every last bit of misery, that forsaken city, but have mercy on the rest of us!

Sorry y'all are roasting. I'm sure we'll get ours before summer is over. But for now we've been getting almost daily pop up showers that have kept the temps down. July never felt so good! Next week it's not even supposed to break 90°F all week (32.2°C for y'all across the pond) with scattered thunderstorms forecast for twelve days straight.

Been hot, dry and dusty here. Highs in the mid 80's and one day it hit 90. Humidity has been around 12-18%. We haven't had a drop of rain for over 6 weeks now and none expected. We've had a couple small fires in the area only totaling about 2,500 acres so far.
In spite of the dry conditions we still have a lot of good green grass in our meadows and valleys. The cattle are happy.

Hell if it were in the 40's in the morning, I'd never have to run the A/C. Just run a fan (I have a BIG industrial barrel fan) to fill the house with cold air in the morning and then shut the house up. That's what we do in the spring when we still have cold nights but hot days.

Doc, he’s just rubbing it in.... 90 degrees with little humidity isn’t bad. I’d be running the fan too....

I live in a town called Hades, Texas ( I wonder if that really exists?). I know that because the other day, with air conditioning, it was 110F! But apparently it was cooler here than in Waco which I think hit 114F. Ugh, what misery.

But it's getting just wonderful... highs of only 100F. And with some rain on Monday, it'll only be 97F for the high! Brrrr, get out your coats!

Oh dear Lord, what have we done to deserve this weather! Yes, the city of Austin deserves every last bit of misery, that forsaken city, but have mercy on the rest of us!
I to
I told you all global warming was real.....

Yep, every darn (happy) summer that there global warming hits my area. :p

Latest posts

Back