weather where you are?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was 113 about 7-10 days ago. The difference between 99-113 is substantial. Even 99-105 you can really feel the difference. I wanted cooler weather this weekend... I need to do some yard work

It's a good thing,that i made a somewhat early trip to town.had a blowout on the left rear. Aint real/extremely hot out at that time yet.but did sweat pretty good thoe.and it look's like that it's gonna be another very hot scorcher day.

I'm ready for rain, we might get some reprieve from what we call hot here towards the end of next week but no rain in the foreseeable future. It's a tinder box out here, we stopped all the heavies from going out in the field turned the power off to the out buildings and barn except the stables, we have fans going and placed soaker hoses on the metal roof of the stable, that's help keeping it cooler by a large margin , we have misters in the covered riding area and that's where a lot of the livestock including the horses keep going.

Hot and dry. No rain or relief from the heat until at least mid August. Our highs at home have been in the mid 80's. Many people wouldn't consider that "hot", but for us it's cooking.
This morning I drove down south to the feed store and passed by a couple fires. One fire was about 3,000 acres and was about 30 miles south east of our home site. It was burning towards a section of our property. The other fire us burning about 30 miles further south and was about 10-12,000 acres. Both fires were burning mostly range land that's only good for early spring grazing. Both fires are growing in size and are burning up towards the mountains and timber. If the fires just stayed in the grass and brush lands it's actually a good thing.
In the lower valleys the temps are running 100-105 with 10-15% humidity. Could be a bad fire year.

Driving closer in to the small town east of me and seen cars 4-6" off the ground with catalytic converters driving over the dry uncut straw that stands 10-12", ain't know body have a lick of sense anymore!

AND the official report will say accidental fire vs. fire caused by stupid driver.

About the only one enjoying the heat (96deg) is my hunting dog, been out basking in it for 45 minutes now,

dog.jpg

Well they closed the highway due to the fire. I'm stuck sitting here in 102 deg heat. The only way around is to turn around and go about 30 miles south, turn west and go in to the next state, turn north and go about 60 miles then turn east and go over the mountain and hope the fire isn't there yet.

Well they closed the highway due to the fire. I'm stuck sitting here in 102 deg heat. The only way around is to turn around and go about 30 miles south, turn west and go in to the next state, turn north and go about 60 miles then turn east and go over the mountain and hope the fire isn't there yet.

Damn, you must be on 95, fires up at Midvale, you close to 60 or 58

Once I get to Midvale I'm home free. Right now I'm just south of Midvale pass.

MIDVALE - UPDATE: Highway 95 is once again closed because of fires near Midvale, the Keithly and Mesa fires. The Mesa fire has also prompted evacuations for the Cottonwood Rd., South Exeter and Cool Creek areas in Adams County.

Adams County Sheriff's Office is ordering a level 3 evacuation, which is the most urgent. They encourage people to leave those areas immediately because there is a danger in the area which is current or imminent.

Fire officials tell us the Keithly fire is now nearing 12,000 acres or nearly 19 square miles. The Mesa fire is newer, burning about 1,500 acres, but close to the highway as well.

While ID-55 North of Horseshoe Bend remains open for two lanes with major travel delays.

MIDVALE - UPDATE: Highway 95 is once again closed because of fires near Midvale, the Keithly and Mesa fires. The Mesa fire has also prompted evacuations for the Cottonwood Rd., South Exeter and Cool Creek areas in Adams County.

Adams County Sheriff's Office is ordering a level 3 evacuation, which is the most urgent. They encourage people to leave those areas immediately because there is a danger in the area which is current or imminent.

Fire officials tell us the Keithly fire is now nearing 12,000 acres or nearly 19 square miles. The Mesa fire is newer, burning about 1,500 acres, but close to the highway as well.

While ID-55 North of Horseshoe Bend remains open for two lanes with major travel delays.
Part of our place is up on cottonwood ck.

The weather has finally broken. I was woken at silly o'clock this morning by a strange pitter-patter sound on the windowpane....It's raining! looks set to be in all day. The highest temps over here have been just over 32C not quite the record breaking 38.5C, but still hot!

we have taken our temperatures in the sun, after all that is where its hot, and we have recorded temperatures of 40C 100+F, not the 30s C reported on the news channels.

This Afternoon: Mostlysunny and hot, with a high near 98. Heat index values as high as 103. South wind around 10 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 75. South wind 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 96. Heat index values as high as 105. South wind 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday Night: A 20 percent chance ofshowers and thunderstorms after 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 76. South wind around 10 mph.

Monday: A 20 percent chance ofshowers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny and hot, with a high near 95. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.

Monday Night: A 50 percent chance ofshowers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 74.

Tuesday: A 30 percent chance ofshowers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 94.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 70.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 95.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 69.

Thursday: A 20 percent chance ofshowers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 92.

Thursday Night: A 20 percent chance ofshowers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 70.

Friday: A 20 percent chance ofshowers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 93.

Latest posts

Back