What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Chic fil a and brought it to the hospital so husband, little granddaughter, and I could eat together. I had a cobb salad and the banana pudding milkshake
HOW did I miss a banana pudding milkshake???????? On the list for MONDAY. I need to get out more.

Bacon, eggs and potatoes with mimosas on the porch this morning.

IMG_4948.jpeg

This place if full of heat & eat food and only a small amount of cook it and eat it ingredients, so I will have to go to the store before I make dinner. I am going to make beef merlot with diced potatoes, green beans, carrots and mushrooms.

Change of plans after my trip to the store. I am now making Beef Bourguignon, which is pretty close to beef merlot. The beef is in the instant pot to accelerate the tenderness, the sauteed bacon and veggies are in the All-Clad pot, and the potatoes are diced and ready for me to make a mash. Trying to impress these ladies with the few skills I have to offer that don't involve throat punches, creative writing and taming wild women. Or should I say being tamed BY wild women. 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Okay, here it is. Still have to make the mashed potatoes and let this simmer for another hour. I might have gone a bit too heavy on the veggies and not heavy enough on the beef. I didn't add the parsley by the way, the lady's daughter did before she took this picture. Also the pot is on a cutting board because the lady does not have a trivet. I live in a metal building and even I have a trivet.

Screwed up that post, picture below:

Last edited:
Okay, here it is. Still have to make the mashed potatoes and let this simmer for another hour. I might have gone a bit too heavy on the veggies and not heavy enough on the beef. I didn't add the parsley by the way, the lady's daughter did before she took this picture. Also the pot is on a cutting board because the lady does not have a trivet. I live in a metal building and even I have a trivet.

Screwed up that post, picture below:
That looks fantastic!

Yesterday/ and won't cook for almost a week or so.

Grilled hamburgers, bacon wrapped hot dogs, bacon wrapped chicken tenders and some regular grilled chicken tenders. Found a 9x9 pan of macaroni and cheese that I froze after a Church event in July, so baked that. And made a carrot raisin salad to go with coleslaw that was purchased.

Back