What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dinner
Ham sliced - pineapple slices - mashed potatoes
*sauce : some butter - cloves - brown sugar

Now sipping very warm : Earl grey black tea -honey-cardamom

1728689052888.png

I was looking around the house for something to fix, and found some hamburger, an onion, and some green beans. Hmmm, might as well mix them together and see what happens. It came out very good. I just used salt, pepper, minced garlic and Italian seasoning for the spices. Next time I think I will add some kind of spicy peppers (a few specs of red or orange would look nice).

Before starting, I did a Google search to find out how restaurants always get their green beans looking so bright and appetizing. I found out that you blanch them! I didn't know what that was, I did have to look up how you do it, but it's trivially easy (and a lot faster than the normal way I cook green beans!) I am so proud of my bright-green green beans. They sure didn't look that way when I bought them at the store. I'm going to cook them this way every time now!

Dinner.jpg

I was looking around the house for something to fix, and found some hamburger, an onion, and some green beans. Hmmm, might as well mix them together and see what happens. It came out very good. I just used salt, pepper, minced garlic and Italian seasoning for the spices. Next time I think I will add some kind of spicy peppers (a few specs of red or orange would look nice).

Before starting, I did a Google search to find out how restaurants always get their green beans looking so bright and appetizing. I found out that you blanch them! I didn't know what that was, I did have to look up how you do it, but it's trivially easy (and a lot faster than the normal way I cook green beans!) I am so proud of my bright-green green beans. They sure didn't look that way when I bought them at the store. I'm going to cook them this way every time now!

View attachment 164689
We've been doing a similar dish, only with cabbage and garlic. Its very good

In between my old fashions and her negronis, we did manage to eat at the speakeasy last night. I had oyster mushroom & tarragon ravioli, fennel lemon broth, charred onion, peas, and chili oil. The lady had focaccia, Danish brie, black garlic, roasted tomato, and red onion jam. None of these places offer a cheeseburger.

Fast 12 hours, no Breakfast.
Lunch was two beef patties & Traditional pasta sauce with ground beef, no pasta.
Last night I had beef patties with 4oz. of Colby cheese.
Will have Bacon & eggs for dinner tonight with real butter.

Jake and I delivered 12 of our old chickens to a lady who just likes the to watch them she doesn’t care if they lay. We stopped for breakfast, it reminded me why we would rather cook at home.

View attachment 164755
Jake looks like he can put a few plates away.
I remember eating a truck load & working it off when I was that young.

Last night, home made cole slaw with capers.
20241012_195854.jpg

Back