What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting close to declaring this collection or comic books abandoned and selling them off.

View attachment 81550

How many years has to pass before declaring stuff abandoned?

Ben
I don't know how long before you can declare it abandoned, but there can be high value in old comics. Father in law had quite a collection. He left them in his parents home and they were in the attic. After his parents died, his sister cleaned out the house. One day he was watching Antique Road Show and realized he probably had some comics that were worth some money. Too late. His sister had already gotten rid of them.

My mixed doe is getting close to kindling. She is showing how uncomfortable she is by moving around a lot. I filled her water bottle and draped a towel over the front of the hutch. I figure a little privacy from the nosy girls and other animals might help her relax. I will top her food and hay off before bed. Tomorrow will be day 31 for her. Our other doe will be 30 days along.

Hopefully I'll have some cute kits I can sell as "Easter Bunnies" to cover the increase in feed costs. Sure glad I have 150 lbs of pellets and 150 lbs of fodder seeds. I also have 10 lbs of timothy grass/hay seed should I need it. I'll have to go next week to the feed store (after this weekend's rain) for another bale of hay.

Trying to keep our pantries stocked without blowing the budget. Prices locally are changing daily. Mostly up but sometimes they do go down. I almost have to go shopping everyday to keep an eye on the prices. Gas went up 25 cents in a week.

K was promised a raise that was suppose to go into effect 2 weeks ago. Still not on the checks. I told K he needs to ask if the 2 weeks will be paid retroactively. Looks like he company may be trying to pull a fast one. I really hate that company but there isn't any work out here in his field.

I hope the doe delivers safely without any problems.

I saw a deer doe run into my yard on my way home earlier.

The puppies are inside sharing a dog bed. My cat Boo has a fever and is sneezing. I may have to take him back to the vet tomorrow to get him checked out. He gets his last oral antibiotic then. Or I might go Saturday morning to see if the last dose tomorrow helps. He's still super cuddly, but I can tell he's not feeling well. Not eating or drinking as much. I do hope being outside getting fresh air and sunlight helped though. I still need to hook my desktop up but I forgot my keyboard in the truck.

I hope the doe delivers safely without any problems.

I saw a deer doe run into my yard on my way home earlier.

The puppies are inside sharing a dog bed. My cat Boo has a fever and is sneezing. I may have to take him back to the vet tomorrow to get him checked out. He gets his last oral antibiotic then. Or I might go Saturday morning to see if the last dose tomorrow helps. He's still super cuddly, but I can tell he's not feeling well. Not eating or drinking as much. I do hope being outside getting fresh air and sunlight helped though. I still need to hook my desktop up but I forgot my keyboard in the truck.

I gave her some raspberry leaf this afternoon and it seemed to help. I will give her some more before bed. No fur plucking from either doe yet. They may wait until they kindle to pluck their dewlaps. I had a doe do that when I was a kid. She was giving birth and plucking her fur at the same time. She was a baby eater though. She was an old doe and she wasn't suppose to get pregnant.

Seat covers for my truck!!!:D

That's a fantastic idea!!!!

We should know by the 16th, Vet is coming out to do a preg check on Birdie, branding and bangs vaccine for Buttercup and Wesley. Do bulls get a bangs vaccine? I guess we'll find out!

Will be waiting for a pregnancy report!
No bangs on bulls. Only heifers under 1 year old last we had it done.

Well, I posted in this in my thread on the Front Porch Chat thread I created but, I completed my video for reinforcing the chimney on my wood stove.

Thought I would share it here, but in the near future I will only post on the other thread.
In addition to making this video I also worked on the book shelf upstairs. I added the shelf supports and we bought some paint to prep the wood before the middle shelf is installed.
Tomorrow I will drive to Nevada to pick up my son from school, take him to basketball practice and then to dinner, hang out during the day and take him to his basketball game later in the afternoon. After the game we will come back to Utah and spend the night until I take him back to his mother later in the evening. Should be a good weekend.

So does anyone else just spur of the moment buy a bunch of baby chicks? No? Just me?

Not as bad as it sounds..I was planning on acquiring some new heritage breeds to add to the flock for size and resilience. Just didn't expect it to be this morning lol. Guess I better get the brooder area set up quick before I go get them.

So does anyone else just spur of the moment buy a bunch of baby chicks? No? Just me?

Not as bad as it sounds..I was planning on acquiring some new heritage breeds to add to the flock for size and resilience. Just didn't expect it to be this morning lol. Guess I better get the brooder area set up quick before I go get them.
We've got 100 chicks, 200 quail and 35 chuckers on order. 70 of the chicks are meat variety, the rest are layers.

Looked like a bank run at my bank, yesterday! One of them had a line completely around inside and people in line outside plus drive thru's were all 4 deep. At the bank I did go to, Line completely around inside and to door. Drive thru's full there too.

Today, I've already contacted power company because a payment never posted and is showing due (again). I have a confirmation #, so I'm good. Just have to wait for them to fix it.

Next, I will cut up carrots, cheese for dog treats and sweet potatoes to make dog treats.

Already washing dog blankets and will put flea meds on soon.

Walk dogs (maybe me- still not quite up to par.)

Make meatloaf this afternoon and maybe, PC some meatloaf.

I sure hope that's it!

Im getting valley quail and bob white. As soon as the snows gone I'm building a 24×48 pen. Evenly I'll get pheasants too.
I'm jealous! I love valley quail - they are so adorable! Unfortunately, they're considered "gamebirds" here, so you have to jump through all kinds of registration and legal hoops to keep them here - and the last thing I need is joe law nosing around my menagerie in the 'burbs. I only get away with keeping my rooster because there's 4-5 in the neighborhood so no one can blame the noise on any one of us.

We're driving up north to see our new puppy. And to see the kids and grandkids. The breeder is up by the Canadian border and about 8.5 hours from here. We just stopped for breakfast. The roads are a little icy in places but we'll be dropping down in to the canyon soon so we'll be making good time.
Have fun, be safe! Take puppy pictures for us!!😊

I'm jealous! I love valley quail - they are so adorable! Unfortunately, they're considered "gamebirds" here, so you have to jump through all kinds of registration and legal hoops to keep them here - and the last thing I need is joe law nosing around my menagerie in the 'burbs. I only get away with keeping my rooster because there's 4-5 in the neighborhood so no one can blame the noise on any one of us.
They may be here too. I just ignore that BS.

Recovering from having a nice piece of titanium jewelry screwed into C6-C7 cervical spine. Such a good decision. I forgot sleep could be so good.

Attachments

• BA11A01F-CC49-4C0B-B2CF-5600488741B4.jpeg
    BA11A01F-CC49-4C0B-B2CF-5600488741B4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
I
Ordered 2 Baofeng radios from BaofengTech website. Much cheaper than amazon and free shipping from their location in South Dakota.
https://baofengtech.com/product/bf-f8hp/Also got the longer antenna for each radio and one computer cord to program them.

My uncle bought one from Amazon a couple months ago and was bugging me to get one, so I got two. He has some programming stuff to add in a bunch of the local government channels, to listen but not transmit, and some other common local channels that would be helpful in some situations. I will get them set up, test them, and probably secure them in an ammo can only taking them out occasionally to charge the batteries.
If I have two and keep them shielded they will be there if needed.
I have 2 of the 7 watt hand held. Do not have a clue how to use and will not get a license. Just felt we might need them. I gave one to my daughter.

I cleaned the chicken coop and the baby chick cage. Took Leon to the vet, again. They think he may have deep tendon damage caused by the glass slicing a tendon. Watching it closely. Leon also has ear infection.

Came home and cut up two trees that have been laying in my yard. My new saw chain is doing a great job compared to the one I sharpened by hand.

Oh, and Leon peed in my back seat.

Same here. No way Ami having inspectors show up at random to check things.

Also got the longer antenna for each radio and one computer cord to program them.

Download the CHIRP software, then you can customize all you want.

Are those unlocked?

Her belly has dropped quite a bit and I had to let out the belly band I use with her milker out about 7 inches over the fall but no bagging up or any other signs. I swear I can see movement but I'm not sure if its a calf or just her because shes constantly talking to me or trying to eat every little bit of hay and won't stay still. If she took the first breeding she should have been due Feb 9th but we just found out that her steer calf wasn't. The people we sold him to called to let us know he had a retained testicle. We suspected it and let them know because of his build and behavior and he was in with her until the middle of Oct.
I have always found that the rear view is more accurate, a pregnant cow is usually lop sided when viewed from the rear I never had much luck with the side view guess

My cat Boo has a fever and is sneezing. I may have to take him back to the vet tomorrow to get him checked out. He gets his last oral antibiotic then. Or I might go Saturday morning to see if the last dose tomorrow helps. He's still super cuddly, but I can tell he's not feeling well. Not eating or drinking as much. I do hope being outside getting fresh air and sunlight helped though. I still need to hook my desktop up but I forgot my keyboard in the truck.

Awe, I hope Boo gets better. How old is he? My Murdoch is 12.5. He was sneezing and acting like he didn't feel right, but he's doing better now.

In addition to making this video I also worked on the book shelf upstairs. I added the shelf supports and we bought some paint to prep the wood before the middle shelf is installed.
Tomorrow I will drive to Nevada to pick up my son from school, take him to basketball practice and then to dinner, hang out during the day and take him to his basketball game later in the afternoon. After the game we will come back to Utah and spend the night until I take him back to his mother later in the evening. Should be a good weekend.

Nice video! I want to start making videos of homesteading and cooking etc. My dad bought me a camera last fall so I could and my sister helped me get back up batteries and another SD card today before prices increase.

We have a library in our house. The room literally houses nothing but books. We have so many; it was always going to be a project to make an inventory list of them all, but. . . .2000+ books and we haven't built up the ambition to do it yet.

I almost did today! I want to get minimum 12 peeps because we have a perpetual fox problem, but looks like it won't be for another two weeks, but probably more likely in April. Hopefully the world hasn't ended by then.

Recovering from having a nice piece of titanium jewelry screwed into C6-C7 cervical spine. Such a good decision. I forgot sleep could be so good.

Ouch! :eek:

You're feeling better though?

Today was shopping day. We hit Tractor Supply and picked up things we need before inflation hits. Was really happy, too, because we found what we needed in the clearanced aisle. Woot woot!

We also needed a new toilet seat, sorry if that TMI, and Value had one clearanced one left for $9!

Went to the Communist Warehouse a.k.a Walmart. Spent more than I would have liked, though no prices went up since last time we were in there. Mom faired better than I did and spent less than $50 but got a nice amount; I needed some more expensive stuff.

I also bought a new bible because my cat got mad at me the other night and somehow got a hold of my old one and chewed up the beginning of Isaiah. I really liked that Bible, too. It's still usable, minus about twenty pages or so.

He's been irreligious from his kitten-hood.

1646434053277.png
1646434040448.png

And here's a picture of my little familiar.

IMG_7475.JPG

Latest posts

Back