What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@phideaux not sure what’s going on with your back but have you tried an inversion table where you can hang upside down for a few minutes a day? That really helps me a lot. My back is pretty messed up already, herniated discs.. etc. sometimes surgery makes it worse.

I've had 3 surgeries since 1981for repair of herniated disc, now it's degenerative joint disease.
No disc left at all between l5 and s1.
My doctor friend has a very expensive inversion table he'll give to me.
He said 3 minutes a day would change the muscles and give me some relief.
Gotta try it.

Jim

Last edited:
I've had 3 surgeries sin 1981for repair of heriated disc, now it's degenerative joint disease.
No disc left at all between l5 and s1.
My doctor friend has a very expensive inversion table he'll give to me.
He said 3 minutes a day would change the muscles and give me some relief.
Gotta try it.

Jim
One of my old hunting buddies has a Teeter inversion chair and he spends a few minutes in it every day. He said the relief is immediate, he can feel the pressure changing in his lower back, but the relief only lasts a couple hours at a time.
I figure it's probably worth it, because there's not much risk of it causing any problems, and a few hours of relief are better than none at all...

Just got back from Vet. Got his next due shot. Eye exam ....no problem , no injury. He said it's just now starting to show pigmant change...he could end up with 1 blue eye and 1 brown eye.
As long as he don't have a problem...we happy.

View attachment 84060View attachment 84061
Btw , he's all of 6lbs now.

Jim
Thank goodness no injury! That was a rough three weeks when one of my cats had a minor eye injury! Eli is getting more character everyday!! Hope the new vet works out!!

No! It's 35 degrees, I ain't washing nothing until it warms up!😁

It's a Kershaw Ballast Regulator, and it's a very common piece of equipment. All the major railroads use them, so it's not surprising that you've seen one. Usually they're surrounded by a huge cloud of dust when they're doing work.
Oh that’s right! Normal people have that thing called weather and seasons!
yep! Big cloud of dust! How cool! Now I can add that to my bragging! 😬 It won’t only be I know someone who worked on tracks it will be he drives one of those!

@phideaux @Spikedriver
This is the one we have. Not super expensive when we bought it about 7 years ago from Costco
My DH swears by it. He’s in his 60s and has “surgeon back”. All those years of doing c-sections over an OR table. Adds up unfortunately
3DFDE112-259E-4D36-AFDC-F15F05317957.jpeg

@phideaux @Spikedriver
This is the one we have. Not super expensive when we bought it about 7 years ago from Costco
My DH swears by it. He’s in his 60s and has “surgeon back”. All those years of doing c-sections over an OR table. Adds up unfortunately
View attachment 84073

My best friend is a retired Trauma surgeon. Hes 84.

He started the whole trauma thing in the US.
Dr Charles Paulius.

His back is a mess too.
2 years ago he lost his right leg from knee down. Diabetic.
He paid $1000 for his table . It's in his garage. He told me to come get it . He told me 3 minutes twice a day.

I think I will.

Jim

My best friend is a retired Traum surgeon.
His back is a mess too.
He paid $1000 for his table . It's in his garage. He told me to come get it . He told me 3 minutes twice a day.

I think I will.

Jim
I’m sure it is, trauma is no joke. Yes get it and then let us know how it goes for you! Be careful when you flip over the first few times - it can cause dizziness and even fainting, especially in someone with pre-existing cardiac issues. Just go slow and you’ll be fine. You may not be able to invert all the way for a few weeks but you can work up to it. Just relieving the pressure off the spine is a great start. Plus it’s non invasive so even better.

We are still having high winds, so no tree planting today. We went for husband's blood draw, no waiting. That was nice. Delivered the wallet with $$ to mom, and she was pretending that they weren't fixing meals today (ha ha nope) and was having a banana and coffee cake. Told her to have fun tonight (she's not going anywhere) and left. We went out to eat, but by then it was 11:00 so had lunch. Tractor Supply for feed and more food dishes that screw on to the side of the cage for rabbits. I tried out two, and they really helped them not dump their food. So bought three more for the other cages. They had sunflower in, so I was happy. Game bird feed in. Prices went up a buck more a bag. Had some chicks in. Pullets were $3.96, straight run randoms at $2.99, bantams were $3.96. At Lowes for tree planting soil. They had Bonnie Brand tomato plants for sale. One 4" tall plant $4.48. Highway robbery. I just seeded about 60 plants. Have oats and flour to repack for storage, and need to clean out the goose brooders. A few more things to seed and I should put away my seeding mess. I have a big folding table set up in the dining room I've been using since the weather has been bad.

I went out, weather man said it was 54*. Wind out of the NW at 20mph, gusting to 30mph. It feels like 38 outside! Cold!

Was going to work on the pumps, feed critters, decided critters were enough, have food and water for a couple days.

Dad swiped every bucket on the farm to put over some of the garden plants, supposed to freeze tonight. I offered to go to TSC for baled pine straw (need to go for feed anyway). He didn't want to spend $20. Most early spring plants will be fine... I'm afraid all the pepper plants I got for him will need to be set out again.

My best friend is a retired Trauma surgeon. Hes 84.

He started the whole trauma thing in the US.
Dr Charles Paulius.

His back is a mess too.

I think I will.

Jim
We may a video😁

Hey how do you really feel about that room? Just curious ;)

It's like.HEY..!!! ....
I'm done...

Then you realize ...oh carp...no I'm not.

It's like your stuffed , but there's one biscuit left...you don't want it , but you can't leave it.

It's like , your told , it's only 5 miles , you go 5 miles then find out your still 5 miles away.

Now you have an idea how I feel about that room.

Jim

We brought home new additions today as well. They won’t “hatch” till tonight. I may have gotten more than we “planned”. 6 roosters and 4 hens. The hens may have not been discussed 🤷🏻‍♀️ I am pretty excited for this to be “done” and now we can close the flock again.

Attachments

• B0897B48-4032-4D2E-BE2D-84814A4A52E0.jpeg
    B0897B48-4032-4D2E-BE2D-84814A4A52E0.jpeg
    3 MB
I went out, weather man said it was 54*. Wind out of the NW at 20mph, gusting to 30mph. It feels like 38 outside! Cold!
The temp here was a high of 56, but the wind! And it's a cold wind. Needed a coat on when we went out earlier, so I hear you Phideaux.
I feel for both of you. You are getting the wind that we had this week that moved sand and wore me out. I couldn't escape the wind blowing in my face and my hair was a tangled mess. Today started out at 29 degrees, but is currently 67 degrees. We are supposed to have a nice weekend.

It's like.HEY..!!! ....
I'm done...

Then you realize ...oh carp...no I'm not.

It's like your stuffed , but there's one biscuit left...you don't want it , but you can't leave it.

It's like , your told , it's only 5 miles , you go 5 miles then find out your still 5 miles away.

Now you have an idea how I feel about that room.

Jim

Sounds like what my wife used to tell other hikers we would meet. They want to know how much further? She always replies your about halfway. Don't matter if the just started or almost there.

Back